Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend Of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Azula was at least 17 in ATLA.
    i think she was 16.

Zuko was 16, exiled at age 13 and had been at sea for 3 years when the series started. Azula was about 2 years younger than Zuko, so about 14.

She was supposed to be fourteen (or possibly fifteen by the end of the series). Trust me, I know my stuff.

Anyway Sanjuro, I won't spoil anything too much but you'll get little moments of nostalgia. Especially in the last few episodes that just aired here.

I have to agree with Gene, I think that pretty much made the first show for me. My only other criticism is that I wish that this shows plot hadnt have gone so quickly, and that certain parts of the story were either longer or shorter. Then again, it was supposed to only be 12 episodes so I can understand why it is what it is.
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Needs more kung fu though. Korra has been mo-capping trickers and MMA which doesn't give quite the personality that the original series had. That detracts from a lot of the charm for me.
    It's funny how things evolve these guys became enamored with the UFC (why practice when you can cheer for your favorite hero?) and then one of the crew members introduced the guys doing the tricking moves (fancy acrobatics with no martial substance) but I actually enjoy the energy and spirit of it all. Over all it's a great show so far rich with complex character interrelationships. We're almost done with the second season and there is a lot of great fun in store there for fans of our previous work
    BTW;
    The network will make a major announcement regarding the show in a few days that will drive the fans crazier than most of them already are....
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post

You mean this one?
    Awesome gif! I laughed so hard during that scene. lol
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    It's funny how things evolve these guys became enamored with the UFC (why practice when you can cheer for your favorite hero?) and then one of the crew members introduced the guys doing the tricking moves (fancy acrobatics with no martial substance) but I actually enjoy the energy and spirit of it all. Over all it's a great show so far rich with complex character interrelationships. We're almost done with the second season and there is a lot of great fun in store there for fans of our previous work
    BTW;
    The network will make a major announcement regarding the show in a few days that will drive the fans crazier than most of them already are....
    I know it's probably a question you cannot answer for legal reasons, but is the next season going to be a book of an element, or something else like Spirit?

I know it's probably a question you cannot answer for legal reasons, but is the next season going to be a book of an element, or something else like Spirit?
    considering book 1 was water... i think its safe to assume they will continue with the element fashion.. this serious has less eps then the original i hope that means more seasons..

MMA & tricking

The thing is that the mo-cap for MMA just looks like kickboxing and the tricking just looks like videogame aerials. Neither is really captured well in Korra and I'm not sure they ever will. MMA is only cool visually because like any sporting event, it's happening in real time, unchoreographed. When you choreograph it, it loses much of the tension and appeal. Tricking, when converted to animation, just looks like over-complicated flips. The first series had this great underlying kung fu element that brought so much color and uniqueness to the fights. I've been hoping that there would be more traditional kung fu to be busted out by Tenzin or someone older.

Mind you, I was away last weekend and haven't seen the finale. I'll tune in soon.

You are such a tease, Lhk.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The thing is that the mo-cap for MMA just looks like kickboxing and the tricking just looks like videogame aerials. Neither is really captured well in Korra and I'm not sure they ever will. MMA is only cool visually because like any sporting event, it's happening in real time, unchoreographed. When you choreograph it, it loses much of the tension and appeal. Tricking, when converted to animation, just looks like over-complicated flips. The first series had this great underlying kung fu element that brought so much color and uniqueness to the fights. I've been hoping that there would be more traditional kung fu to be busted out by Tenzin or someone older.

Mind you, I was away last weekend and haven't seen the finale. I'll tune in soon.

tenzin has been doing his thing, especially in episode nine.. the metal benders dont really have a style, but i would love to see lin, fight like her mom...it seems that Lin is season 1s fan favorite.

all and all i liked this season..but truth be told...i kinda cant stand korra. to much of a knuckle head. that being said

this is janet varney who does the voice of korra...janet varney is hot. just thought i would state that..lol

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    considering book 1 was water... i think its safe to assume they will continue with the element fashion.. this serious has less eps then the original i hope that means more seasons..
    Book 1 was Air... which we didn't get in ATLA. So we got Air for Korra because Korra hadn't mastered Air. The finale had her first entry into the Avatar State... and I'm wondering if the next season is going to focus more on the Avatar's function as a medium for the Spirit World and hence it being Book 2: Spirit. Korra is still going to need to explore that aspect of her "office."

Book 1 was Air... which we didn't get in ATLA. So we got Air for Korra because Korra hadn't mastered Air. The finale had her first entry into the Avatar State... and I'm wondering if the next season is going to focus more on the Avatar's function as a medium for the Spirit World and hence it being Book 2: Spirit. Korra is still going to need to explore that aspect of her "office."
    yea air..but i think they are gonna stick with the elements..but thats a good idea..who knows.

I'm actually really hoping that's the route they go. I get the impression that with the industrialization in Republic City and possibly in the cities in the different lands that the Spirits and the idea of the Spirit World have retreated somewhat from the people's consciousness. In which case, Aang's project in Republic City would have failed to some extent. While the Nations are united, they are losing their roots and the roots of bending and the whole point of the Avatar.

We already saw that with the Fire Nation in TLA, but I'd love to see them hit on that again and not necessarily need a new tyrant figure or at least not one that wants to take power and oppress the people because he desires power. I'd actually be interested to see a character(if a personage is needed for Korra and friends to be opposed to) that's more about exploiting the natural world for the sake of "progress" and the consequences of that... including damage being done to the Spirits and in the Spirit World.

And if somehow Mike and Bryan are already doing pretty much exactly that.... awesome.

I'm actually really hoping that's the route they go. I get the impression that with the industrialization in Republic City and possibly in the cities in the different lands that the Spirits and the idea of the Spirit World have retreated somewhat from the people's consciousness. In which case, Aang's project in Republic City would have failed to some extent. While the Nations are united, they are losing their roots and the roots of bending and the whole point of the Avatar.

We already saw that with the Fire Nation in TLA, but I'd love to see them hit on that again and not necessarily need a new tyrant figure or at least not one that wants to take power and oppress the people because he desires power. I'd actually be interested to see a character(if a personage is needed for Korra and friends to be opposed to) that's more about exploiting the natural world for the sake of "progress" and the consequences of that... including damage being done to the Spirits and in the Spirit World.

And if somehow Mike and Bryan are already doing pretty much exactly that.... awesome.
    i have no idea where they are going for season 2...remember korra was only suppose to be a mini series..so they gotta do something fresh and new for season 2. to be honest.. i feel like all that stuff is for the adults..kids dont care they just want to see them bend..lol

I understand what you are saying brother.

Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 12-09-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

I understand what you are saying brother. Usually Hollywood tends to move away from the elements that they owe their success's to

Cool stuff. I'm enjoying the new series, but I miss the kung fu too.
    It's funny, there have been a few points in the series that seemed to beg the question of "sport bending vs. street bending."

Good point Zenshiite about the Spirit world, I'd sort of forgotten how important that was in the first series.