Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin fighter Yi Long

Yeah saw that one to. well at least this monk can actually fight.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Was that guy an actual ex-navy SEAL ( not that it actually matters since SEALS are NOT know for their H2H).
    The Monk fought well, nice counter-fighting.
    I won't comment on "how" Shaolin his fighting was
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Shaolin monk vs. US Navy SEAL boxer (vid)

"If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

Yi Long Ko'd in last match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NSd2W3miaOM

Remember iron head training doesn't prevent knock outs.

Greetings,

Yi Long was in trouble at @ 4:29. He took a serious shot and his arms flew down to Brazil. He should have received a standing eight. The referee was not at the right angle to see it. Additionally, Yi Long has the habit of dropping his arms so it was hard to tell if he was in trouble.

mickey

what a fucking asshat

fuckface doesn't even look good enough to make it as a bench warmer in the dengfeng farm league

Ref definitely should have stopped it!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

He's going to have to learn that giving someone free shots to the jaw is a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Yi Long was in trouble at @ 4:29. He took a serious shot and his arms flew down to Brazil. He should have received a standing eight. The referee was not at the right angle to see it. Additionally, Yi Long has the habit of dropping his arms so it was hard to tell if he was in trouble.

mickey
    Mickey,

He was being a d!ck. He has a (bad) habit of doing that in fights. As if his 'iron head gong' or 'golden bell cover' makes him invincible. He wanted to show how tough he is; unfortunately for him, he couldn't withstand the follow-up combo. Serves him right. He's a good fighter, but that c0cky show-off attitude of his is plain stupidity.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 07-30-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    He's a good fighter, but
    You have pretty low standards.

Well, maybe 'good' is a bit much, but except for his horrible lack of any defense, he seemed to be doing okay for a while. That 'except for' is a big one, though. He's either too c0cky, too lazy, or lacks intelligence...or maybe all three. Doesn't mean he can't fight in any capacity at all.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 07-30-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Interesting I was just watching him as you posted this, he is a tough fighter, not a great one. Decent power in hands in feet but slow, methodical, and only throws in one or two strike combos. He drops his hands, ala Anderson Silva in several fights when he gets tired...got to round three around the 14:50 mark...and watch. He does have an iron head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_PGqaLneP4

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Was that guy an actual ex-navy SEAL ( not that it actually matters since SEALS are NOT know for their H2H).
    The Monk fought well, nice counter-fighting.
    I won't comment on "how" Shaolin his fighting was
    Never underestimate a Navy Seal...they do some combatives but they're tough as ****.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    You have pretty low standards.
    I thought he looked pretty good in that fight, up 'til he pulled the free shot garbage. He usually pulls off quite a few smooth and effective attacks, just seems to let his guard down too much and likes to prove he can take a hit...
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Yi Long is definitely on the short list for Parkinson's. It's really sad to see.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

what a fucking asshat

fuckface doesn't even look good enough to make it as a bench warmer in the dengfeng farm league
    From a clinical neurology POV, the more damage one takes to the brain the easier it becomes to be repeatedly knocked out. Plus, you can't really condition your nervous system to take blows like that. It's better to just not get hit.