Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: body structure and hitting hard

No it wasn't. Not in the UK anyway. The elders only taught who wanted to learn and it was those eager individuals that spread the art without 'teacher training' imho!
    Even less reason for them to laugh. If the student turns out poor, it is the teachers' fault.

Just take your foot out of your mouth and stop posting rubbish, OK?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Even less reason for them to laugh. If the student turns out poor, it is the teachers' fault.

Only if you agree to do the same!

WHEN did I say the student turns out poor??!! You guys just love to fill in details yourselves don't you? I thought (AGAIN!) that I was quite clear! HOW can it be the teachers fault if the student they taught, who is now opening their own school (in another country or area) NEVER got taught to teach in the first place?!

Seriously. Don't take this personally, but were you taught to teach by your Wing Chun Sifu? Was your own Sifu taught to teach?? Believe me, fme there are very very few practitioners like this out there which is why I feel for students who have trained for so many years but know practically nothing about the art itself.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Dave,
    LOL not very often you have to teach someone the meaning of a parable they just employed. Just another sign of the arrogance spewing from the mouth of babes trying to control the ways of nature.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by canglong View Post
    Dave,
    LOL not very often you have to teach someone the meaning of a parable they just employed. Just another sign of the arrogance spewing from the mouth of babes trying to control the ways of nature.
    So I guess you blame the teachers too? By the way, are you calling me a 'babe'? Am I arrogant? I don't think so. Just honest.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Cool

The great Sri Dhammananda told a story:

A great Indian sage, Venerable Dipankara, was invited to Tibet to teach. He brought with him a quarrelsome, irreseponsible and bad cook. After observing for some time, the Tibetans respectfully approached and said, "Master, why do you tolerate this useless cook of yours? He is more of a nuisance than a help. We would gladly tend to your needs."

The Master smiled and replied, "You don't understand, I do not keep him as my servant, but as my teacher."

The Tibetans were surprised and asked, "How is this so?"

The master explained, "You see, his inefficiency and quarrelsome nature teach me to practice patience and tolerance everyday, therefore, I value him."
    I hope neither of these sages get reincarnated as business consultants ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Not true at all.

Sure the teacher should be part of the equation, but there is only one person responsible for their training, and that is the individual.

You can lead a horse to water......
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

But if they pi$$ on you instead of drinking, are you going to laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    But you still can't force them to have cheap sex with a Tijuana hooker?

But if they pi$$ on you instead of drinking, are you going to laugh?
    That'll be your fault for standing at the wrong end dude.

And yep! I'd laugh my a$$ off!

All I was saying is that all students need to take responsibility for themselves and stop this 'name and blame' culture that has no place in martial arts if I'm honest.

My Sifu almost killed me, physically and mentally, on numerous occassions. I too have injuries that are a direct result of certain 'oldskool' training, but I could never blame my Sifu. I was the over eager student. I had my eyes closed! And ultimately I have to thank him for the enduring experience that is my own kung fu journey.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術