Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: body structure and hitting hard

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Here's an idea -- why don't you actually go join a good gym and train? Then you'd see how it works. (Hint: when fighters see that you are training hard, putting in the work, they will give you the time of day.)

And hey, here's another idea -- why don't you pay to take privates with pro fighters? They'll be more than happy to spar with you.

Heres an idea. How about you answer the question instead of trying to run around it.This is just making you look like a liar my friend

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Heavy bags are great if you are trying to develop your boxing -- but they aren't useful for developing WCK.
    hahahhahah right heavy bags are bad for vt. terence have you ever ko'd a guy with a VT punch ? I have many times, its what saves your b u t t when facing more than 1 scrub at a time..'first come first served' if you cant stop 'n' drop a guy then you should revisit your punch mechanics..

hip + elbow

you can do drills for elbow control/ striking, 40 minutes is the current record i know for a wsl vt guy [desmond spencer]

using lan sao with hip to move bag is another.

Hitting the bag as it moves side to side with you moving to take a flanking /facing strike as it does, gives timing for distance and force.

hitting the bag as it swings side to side with you facing from center axis and striking the bag as it swings to the apex point then allowing the bag to swing back to the other side and strike facing .....

using open hand strikes allows for closer 'stunning' shots and po-pai shoves too....

theres more but I dont want to scare you

And yes i have hit guys with the same force as i hit heavy bags, they fly back 6ft on their a s s ....makes all the fancy controlling c r a p redudnant.

try it , just ko a guy with one punch instead of trying to 'attach' yourself .

the heavy bag is your friend.

kicking heavy long thai bags with front low kicks , side kicks....and yeah Ive kicked guys in fights too ..they move like a bowling ball hits a pin ...POW ! one kick is all it takes too. only guys usually lift off the floor rathjer than go ass first...go figure .

One ofn the reasons I now follow this way of VT , becasue its all based on striking with mechanics that allow tactical positioning that gives striking facing , momentum in your attacks. similar to my experiences fighting scrubs .
    Last edited by k gledhill; 06-19-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Of course they are trying to score points -- AND KO their opponent if they can.

There are no pro boxers who are featherfisted.
    Saying pros -- including world champs -- hit like small children only shows how utterly clueless you are.

But don't let me rouse you out of your fantasy.
    Why isn't that possible esp if they have a good hand speed and defence?
    So which pro/amateur fighters have you trained with?

I like heavy bags, mostly because it's simply a heavy object you can hit, which helps you to correct your stance and your steps.
    Last edited by Sardinkahnikov; 06-19-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMONK View Post
    Why isn't that possible esp if they have a good hand speed and defence?
    So which pro/amateur fighters have you trained with?
    You obviously have never boxed. Without having the ability to hurt your opponent, you won't have a "good defense" and your opponent will run over you. What keeps him at bay is respect -- respect for what you can do to him if he makes a mistake or gives you an opportunity to land a shot.

All decent fighters (amateur or pro) have good chins (even those with what are considered weak chins in the pros have chins well beyond what most non pros have) and can hit really hard -- and this comes from natural selection: those without good chins and without the ability to hit hard are fodder for those who can.

Train boxing for a while and you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    hahahhahah right heavy bags are bad for vt. terence have you ever ko'd a guy with a VT punch ? I have many times,
    Sure you have -- in your fantasy world. I'm sure you just go around KOing people. Your hands are, after all, made of granite! It must frighten you possessing the awesome power that you do.

Now, go back and take your medication. And stop listening to the voices.

its what saves your b u t t when facing more than 1 scrub at a time..'first come first served' if you cant stop 'n' drop a guy then you should revisit your punch mechanics..
    Yes, yes, not only are you KOing one person, but you fight multiple opponents. I see. And does this take place on Earth or on the astral plain?

hip + elbow
    Ingenious! Hip and elbow -- you're a genius.

you can do drills for elbow control/ striking, 40 minutes is the current record i know for a wsl vt guy [desmond spencer]

using lan sao with hip to move bag is another.

Hitting the bag as it moves side to side with you moving to take a flanking /facing strike as it does, gives timing for distance and force.

hitting the bag as it swings side to side with you facing from center axis and striking the bag as it swings to the apex point then allowing the bag to swing back to the other side and strike facing .....

using open hand strikes allows for closer 'stunning' shots and po-pai shoves too....

theres more but I dont want to scare you
    It's OK, I'm not scared -- I've been in WCK for a long time, I'm used to dealing with deluded people. WCK people aren't scary, they are harmless enough except to themselves.

And yes i have hit guys with the same force as i hit heavy bags, they fly back 6ft on their a s s ....makes all the fancy controlling c r a p redudnant.

try it , just ko a guy with one punch instead of trying to 'attach' yourself .

the heavy bag is your friend.

kicking heavy long thai bags with front low kicks , side kicks....and yeah Ive kicked guys in fights too ..they move like a bowling ball hits a pin ...POW ! one kick is all it takes too. only guys usually lift off the floor rathjer than go ass first...go figure .

One ofn the reasons I now follow this way of VT , becasue its all based on striking with mechanics that allow tactical positioning that gives striking facing , momentum in your attacks. similar to my experiences fighting scrubs .
    Sure, sure, whatever you say. Don't get yourself riled up now. Just take calming deep breaths, take your medication, and stop listening to the voices. They are not your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Heres an idea. How about you answer the question instead of trying to run around it.This is just making you look like a liar my friend
    I don't give a sh1t what you or some of the other idiots believe.

There are people who will go out and seek out these experience for themselves and then there are people like you and Victor, who won't, but who believe they they nevertheless really "know".

I've posted before the gyms I train at, and I spar with the people who train there. I've also attended seminars, and had privates with some good people. But it's not a question of the experiences I've had but the ones you haven't had that is relevant to this discussion.

If you do that work, and gain that experience, then you will come to see things in a different light. It's not a question of skill but having the experience.

Here's the best MT fighter alive today sparring with people at seminar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hhIGfMqfUQ

if you think he's just playing around (and there is some of that), you should know that's pretty much how he fights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gi8OXK6VwU

So, if you want to spar with good people, you can attend their seminar (the good ones will spar with all the attendees) or you can do privates (even have one come to your school or gym).

Or, you can take a conventional route and just join a good gym. It's not difficult to get to train with good fighters -- that is a part of any GOOD gym. If you go join a good MMA gym or a good MT gym or a good boxing gym or a good BJJ gym, you will spar with just about everybody, as the sparring is why everyone is there in the first place.

If you don't believe that is the case, then go to a good gym and find out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Being a pro doesn't mean that you automatically hit like Mike Tyson Terence. You should know that. A pro is someone who's put in the work and proven they can fight at that level without getting killed immediately.
    Stop putting F U C K ING words in my mouth. I never said all pros hit like Tyson. I said they all hit HARD. To fight at that level -- pro -- they must hit hard to survive. They wouldn't even get to that level without hitting HARD.

It's like saying you can be a pro baseball player (other than a pitcher) and not bat well. You simply won't make it to the pros if you don't.

It doesn't mean that can hit harder than everyone or don't have a lighter hit than others. The term "feather fisted" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but the person whom he mentioned doesn't seem to hit worth a **** in terms of power...but he is a great boxer.
    What I mean is that the most feather-fisted pro boxers out there hits many times harder than you or anyone (except other pro fighters) on this forum ever will. If you got in the ring with a pro boxer you'd wet yourself. If you haven't done it, you just don't know what it is like, how fast they are, how hard they hit, how amazing their timing. No one is a great boxer who can't hit really, really HARD.

What I find amazing is that people who have never done it, never experienced it, have these firm ideas based on their complete lack of experience.

There are people who will go out and seek out these experience for themselves and then there are people like you and Victor, who won't, but who believe they they nevertheless really "know".

I've posted before the gyms I train at, and I spar with the people who train there. I've also attended seminars, and had privates with some good people. But it's not a question of the experiences I've had but the ones you haven't had that is relevant to this discussion.

If you do that work, and gain that experience, then you will come to see things in a different light. It's not a question of skill but having the experience.

if you think he's just playing around (and there is some of that), you should know that's pretty much how he fights

So, if you want to spar with good people, you can attend their seminar (the good ones will spar with all the attendees) or you can do privates (even have one come to your school or gym).

Or, you can take a conventional route and just join a good gym. It's not difficult to get to train with good fighters -- that is a part of any GOOD gym. If you go join a good MMA gym or a good MT gym or a good boxing gym or a good BJJ gym, you will spar with just about everybody, as the sparring is why everyone is there in the first place.

If you don't believe that is the case, then go to a good gym and find out for yourself.

No youre response to everything is " go find a good gym" guess what old man? i've been there done that and your posts point to it being obvious you havent done the same thing,

You honestly expect us to believe some over the hill scrub who admitted he wasted what was it 17 years learning bad wing chun all the sudden made the switch to a good gym and is training with pros all the time at your age ? ahahahahahahahahah!!!

why wont you name a single pro you train with then?why is that so hard to do?

and please dont blather on any more about boxing .

you dont even understand youre own art dont try to pretend you do with others
    Last edited by goju; 06-20-2010 at 02:17 PM.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

You obviously have never boxed. Without having the ability to hurt your opponent, you won't have a "good defense" and your opponent will run over you. What keeps him at bay is respect -- respect for what you can do to him if he makes a mistake or gives you an opportunity to land a shot.

All decent fighters (amateur or pro) have good chins (even those with what are considered weak chins in the pros have chins well beyond what most non pros have) and can hit really hard -- and this comes from natural selection: those without good chins and without the ability to hit hard are fodder for those who can.

Train boxing for a while and you'll see what I mean.
    How about answering my question?
    Which skilled pro/amatuer fighters have you been training with?

Stop putting F U C K ING words in my mouth. I never said all pros hit like Tyson. I said they all hit HARD. To fight at that level -- pro -- they must hit hard to survive. They wouldn't even get to that level without hitting HARD.

It's like saying you can be a pro baseball player (other than a pitcher) and not bat well. You simply won't make it to the pros if you don't.
    I didn't put words in your mouth, you said that all pro's hit hard. Well...no they don't...it's all relative. We have pro's at the local MMA gym, granted they're low on the totem pole as pro's but they don't hit harder than all the guys at the gym to include those that don't fight as pro's but just train to train.

Maggliano or however you spell it doesn't hit hard compared to his counterparts. It's common knowledge and everyone talks about it. Commentators, other fighters, and the like.

What I mean is that the most feather-fisted pro boxers out there hits many times harder than you or anyone (except other pro fighters) on this forum ever will. If you got in the ring with a pro boxer you'd wet yourself. If you haven't done it, you just don't know what it is like, how fast they are, how hard they hit, how amazing their timing. No one is a great boxer who can't hit really, really HARD.

What I find amazing is that people who have never done it, never experienced it, have these firm ideas based on their complete lack of experience.
    Honestly, you have no idea how hard anyone on this forum hits. Pro's are still people, and the power they can generate comes from the same bodies that we all possess. They don't have superhuman muscles or technique, they just have well refined training and sometimes just good genetics as well.

To think that the word "pro" implies that they can generate more power than anyone else out there is absurd. They're going to be better at what they do than most, but not all, and there will be variances in the many facets of fighting skills.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

JOE CALZAGHE.

Hits like a wet fish, no technique, just lots of stamina and lots of poorly targetted, but fast flying leather.

Doesn't hit hard. But is a hell of a scrapper simply because of the heart the guy shows.

Anyone can hit hard moron, it's not just the "pros" who can land a hard shot. A boxer doesn't even have to hit hard at all. They just have to land shots and score points. Generally that's the reason its considered that a good boxer will beat a good fighter in a sanctioned match. The tactics they use do NOT cross over to a real brawl on the streets. They work in the restricted environment of the ring, where points are given for putting your glove on the other man's face, regardless of how much power is behind it.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

The best??

Buakaw por Pramuk is better.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

I'll bet Phil Redmond can hit pretty hard.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

To me this underscores that it's not so much which moves/techniques or how many from what, etc, but who is doing them...........attributes..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu