Thread: Judge lets drunk driver avoid jail, same drunk crashes into judge...12 years later!

Judge lets drunk driver avoid jail, same drunk crashes into judge...12 years later!

Oh, the irony.

"A Gaithersburg man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for a drunken-driving crash that injured a former judge, who had spared him jail time years before.

Rene Fernandez, 45, also will serve three years of supervised probation in Montgomery County after he pleaded guilty to causing a life-threatening injury with a motor vehicle while intoxicated.

Fernandez swerved into oncoming traffic on an August afternoon in 2009, and crashed head-on into Edwin and Ellen Collier.

Edwin Collier, now a retired Montgomery County judge, had seen Fernandez in his courtroom in 1998 for drunken driving and sentenced him to 60 days in jail but suspended the term in favor of a year of supervised probation and abstaining from alcohol, according to court records."

Complete article:
    http://www.gazette.net/stories/06162...4857_32548.php
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

that's karma for you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    it's a big circle...
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.