Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Joe Barton Defends BP Oil

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    RC, you really are clueless.

When I said "But using a diasaster to further your political goals is so admirable.", I was being sarcastic, not dead serious.

Are you really this dense?
    BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Are you really this dense? Clearly you did not understand my post. Hence I will spell it out for you.

1. I understood your post to mean that using a disaster to score political points is bad.

2. Then I demonstrated that you (repeatedly) do the same thing that you just stated was bad.

3. Which points out your hypocrisy.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Of course they have that power. They already said that BP is paying for all the costs, and you saw that Obama shook them down for billions, as well as all the campaign cash he got before the spill.
    Really, show me where it says that in 1990 Oil Protection Act or any other federal law?

BP freely agreed to the 20 Billion escrow fund, Obama could not compel them under the law which is why he had to spend hour in negotiations to convince them that it would be good PR.

BP is required to pay for the clean up, but how they spend their money doing so, is still up to them.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 06-22-2010 at 05:55 AM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

No way. Look, McCain is far from perfect, but would he have signed that disaterous healthcare bill? No way. There are similarities, yes. But you guys who say they are the same never talk about the differences, and some of those differences are big ones.
    Oh I get it now.You're one of those people who only see and think republican vs. democrat.You should be happy with Obama,he has continued the wars.He even sent more troops.He has extended the patriot act so your rights can be violated.He's also getting the war drums beating against Iran,the other "bad" country with lots of oil to steal from.I thought you republicans love that stuff.And by the way,the republicans version of the healthcare bill wasn't any better.Both versions benefited the insurance companies and hurt the people.There is no difference between the two parties.They work for wall street and big oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    In all fairness, you are using big oil's negligence and the ensuing disaster to blast President Obama, who, last I checked, is only responsible for getting BP to pay for their mess.
    Then you need to check more. Remember, Obama's Administration gave BP a safety waiver. You seem to forget that important part.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by notanexit View Post
    Oh I get it now.You're one of those people who only see and think republican vs. democrat.You should be happy with Obama,he has continued the wars.He even sent more troops.He has extended the patriot act so your rights can be violated.He's also getting the war drums beating against Iran,the other "bad" country with lots of oil to steal from.I thought you republicans love that stuff.And by the way,the republicans version of the healthcare bill wasn't any better.Both versions benefited the insurance companies and hurt the people.There is no difference between the two parties.They work for wall street and big oil.
    Actually you don't get me. I look at candidates, not the (R) or (D) after a person's name.

I'm for Obama going after Iran, but I notice you said it's over oil. You seem to have missed that part about them openly building nuclear reactors.

As to healthcare, I was against ANY bill. Let the market decide, not Government.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Which points out your hypocrisy.
    Whatever you say.

Look, I've been consistant. I said both Katrina and the spill were not the Federal Government's problem. I'm saying the exact same thing in both disasters, not picking and choosing.

Next time you use big words, at least know what they mean.

I'm against any military action against Iran. The Army at this point needs a "breather" from any foreign conflicts. These deployments are killing retention.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Actually you don't get me. I look at candidates, not the (R) or (D) after a person's name.

I'm for Obama going after Iran, but I notice you said it's over oil. You seem to have missed that part about them openly building nuclear reactors.

As to healthcare, I was against ANY bill. Let the market decide, not Government.
    Oh no!!WMD's...we must invade now!Didn't you fall for this last time?A nuclear reactor is not a bomb.Over a million Iraqi's dead over a lie to get their oil.Now you're willing to send more troops to give their lives for more oil?

Since we "got their oil"... do you happen to have a quote of profits made from this oil we got? Last I checked, Iraq owned the oil... unless you have some legitimate proof stating otherwise.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Whatever you say.

Look, I've been consistant. I said both Katrina and the spill were not the Federal Government's problem. I'm saying the exact same thing in both disasters, not picking and choosing.

Next time you use big words, at least know what they mean.
    And yet here you are criticizing President Obama for not doing enough (e.g. the Jones Act). Last time I checked the Presidency was part of the Federal Government. So, if President Obama is supposed to do nothing (as you have said) and it's not his problem (as you just said), then he shouldn't waive the Jones Act, as that would entail doing something...not nothing. Do you see your complete lack of consistency now? You should be supporting his failure (as you see it) to act. It's what you wanted.

Oh, and the post of mine you quoted was in respect to showing your hypocrisy vis a vis using a disaster to score political points (i.e. something you condemn yet do). Next time you criticize my use of "big words" make sure to get the context correct. That would be super.

It would also help you make your case if you could spell "consistent" correctly.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Obama is above the federal government, Obama believes hes a god. Is there anything Obama could do so that the left would finally stop making excuses for every sophmoric thing he does? I eagerly await the Bush shots ,of course hes not in office anymore, but seems to be the reason for every mistake Obama makes. Isnt he the POTUS now? its on his desk whatever he signed up for is now his responsibility. Including cleaning up the gulf. Hey look over there Nashville is under water, does Obama hate Tennesseans?

I'm against any military action against Iran. The Army at this point needs a "breather" from any foreign conflicts. These deployments are killing retention.
    Whats your thought on this McChrystal issue?

Quote Originally Posted by notanexit View Post
    Oh no!!WMD's...we must invade now!Didn't you fall for this last time?A nuclear reactor is not a bomb.Over a million Iraqi's dead over a lie to get their oil.Now you're willing to send more troops to give their lives for more oil?
    Learn to read.

I never said a word about ground troops. We know where the reactors are, just destroy them with an airstrike or some Tomahawk missiles. Better yet, let the Israelis do it. They sure seem ready, willing, and able to do it. And they bombed a reactor in 1981 at Osirak, so we know they can do it.

And about oil, if we are just after the oil, why did we just leave in 1991 when we had taken over the oil fields? Why not just stay and take the oil?

Since we "got their oil"... do you happen to have a quote of profits made from this oil we got? Last I checked, Iraq owned the oil... unless you have some legitimate proof stating otherwise.
    See, Drake figured it out.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 06-22-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Whats your thought on this McChrystal issue?
    His remarks were completely inappropriate. You want to insult your superiors? Lose the uniform, retire, and write a book. How would HE react if his suboordinates were doing the same? He'd fire them.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Learn to read.

I never said a word about ground troops. We know where the reactors are, just destroy them with an airstrike or some Tomahawk missiles. Better yet, let the Israelis do it. They sure seem ready, willing, and able to do it. And they bombed a reactor in 1981 at Osirak, so we know they can do it.

And about oil, if we are just after the oil, why did we just leave in 1991 when we had taken over the oil fields? Why not just stay and take the oil?
    Why would you launch a missile at a radioactive generator?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown