Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Street Fight, but what is the MA used?

Great Street Fight, but what is the MA used?

Here is a gem from the UK. Finally when it starts, the "good guy" seems to be using a MA style. It looked Wing Chun-esk but could have had other TCMA and karate elements, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2qn6nrQZs&feature=fvw

What do you guys think. I am sure that the cross trainers here can add their insights to the matter and perhaps solve the mystery of what MA the man used.

All I can say is that I have not been so entertained by a real fight video for a long time.

Blog Entries
    TCMA...NO. i think its karate of some type. i've only seen karate systems use the hands the way he's holding them. are you serious? that was really boring
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    TCMA...NO. i think its karate of some type. i've only seen karate systems use the hands the way he's holding them. are you serious? that was really boring
    Sorry, if you found it boring, but I swear to you I found it really entertaining when the big mouth went down with one punch and crawled away....LOL

umm whats your definition of cross training..people jumping from one style to another without finishing the syle....like from say chow gar to wing chun...then from wing chun to something else.....?

as for that being good LMAO who huge guy with training is going to beat a skinny kid with no expereince what so ever..if thats news to you then you should really get to a gym and do some proper training

Hardwork108,
    I thought that was funny. Moral of that video story: "Talk smack, get smacked down".
    Thanks for sharing that!

The guy defending did all the right things:
    1. Guarded his center throughout the verbal and physical confrontation.
    2. Stayed in a "passive" posture till it was time to act. This probably kept him from civil liability when he did have to hit the attacker.
    3. Pressed the attack after the first strike to insure that the conflict was over without turning into the aggressor when the bully retreated. Another smart legal move.

Very good lessons in such a short clip!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    umm whats your definition of cross training..people jumping from one style to another without finishing the syle....like from say chow gar to wing chun...then from wing chun to something else.....?

as for that being good LMAO who huge guy with training is going to beat a skinny kid with no expereince what so ever..if thats news to you then you should really get to a gym and do some proper training
    Why don't you go and troll the MMA threads? Really, you will find many others like yourself, who have nothing to say in regards the TCMAs.....

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Hardwork108,
    I thought that was funny. Moral of that video story: "Talk smack, get smacked down".
    Thanks for sharing that!

The guy defending did all the right things:
    1. Guarded his center throughout the verbal and physical confrontation.
    2. Stayed in a "passive" posture till it was time to act. This probably kept him from civil liability when he did have to hit the attacker.
    3. Pressed the attack after the first strike to insure that the conflict was over without turning into the aggressor when the bully retreated. Another smart legal move.

Very good lessons in such a short clip!
    You are welcome and thank you for appreciating it.

I agree with you on all counts. That video can be used as training media for how to behave during such provokation.

To be honest, I would have nailed that guy with a cork screw central line punch right into his throat, but then I live in Colombia and here the law would be more on my side, specially if the guy was on my property.

People would get killed for that kind of behavior here.......

But again, people living in most West European countries and North America can use that video as a guide do's and don'ts in such situations,

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    really hard to ascertain what he's doing... could be a multitude of "styles" hell could be krav maga, karate, etc.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I would have blah blah blah
    I could have....

I should have....

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    I could have....

I should have....
    Don't you mean: could'a, would'a, should'a?

ummm, I on't know...doesn't the whole thing seem a little, well, FAKE?

I mean, it just seems a bit too scripted, from the whole "calmly waiting" for the skin head to escalate, and then driving the bounder off with one shot, which, BTW, wasn't even visible from the point of being filmed; and it seems odd that for someone who was so aggressive that he would have been dispatched with one shot that didn't even incapacitate him; not to mention that, when you usually see actual fights on YouTube, the camera angle isn't well framed, the guy filming moves around, etc. - to me, the whole scene seems very set up;

but, let's just say for the sake of argument that it is real - it was a great example of what NOT to do, meaning that he let the skin head invade his space and put himself at grave risk to be nailed the whole time - I mean, his hands were down at his waist clasped together - there was NO WAY he could have gotten them up in time if the guy punched him in the head; also, he could have been head butted very easily as well; and then, he let the guy push him several times before actually defending himself; there was no way he should have allowed the guy to get into his face and stay there that way and should have never let the guy put his hands on him in the first place; that's why I call BS as well;

also, if he was really so calm and cool, he should have just gone back into his house and called the police; but then you may have noticed that someone closed the door behind him towards the end there, lol, which also makes it suspect - if you saw your dad / husband being pushed backwards repeatedly why would you close his only means of escape? you'd get him inside and close the door after him...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Why don't you go and troll the MMA threads? Really, you will find many others like yourself, who have nothing to say in regards the TCMAs.....
    come on now arent you actually what you hate the most...someone who style hops without ever getting enough into the system to be able to use it properly...arent you what one could call a cross trainer...and a clueless one at that....

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

I mean, it just seems a bit too scripted, from the whole "calmly waiting" for the skin head to escalate, and then driving the bounder off with one shot, which, BTW, wasn't even visible from the point of being filmed; and it seems odd that for someone who was so aggressive that he would have been dispatched with one shot that didn't even incapacitate him; not to mention that, when you usually see actual fights on YouTube, the camera angle isn't well framed, the guy filming moves around, etc. - to me, the whole scene seems very set up;

but, let's just say for the sake of argument that it is real - it was a great example of what NOT to do, meaning that he let the skin head invade his space and put himself at grave risk to be nailed the whole time - I mean, his hands were down at his waist clasped together - there was NO WAY he could have gotten them up in time if the guy punched him in the head; also, he could have been head butted very easily as well; and then, he let the guy push him several times before actually defending himself; there was no way he should have allowed the guy to get into his face and stay there that way and should have never let the guy put his hands on him in the first place; that's why I call BS as well;

also, if he was really so calm and cool, he should have just gone back into his house and called the police; but then you may have noticed that someone closed the door behind him towards the end there, lol, which also makes it suspect - if you saw your dad / husband being pushed backwards repeatedly why would you close his only means of escape? you'd get him inside and close the door after him...
    Next thing, you will tell us all that Santa Claus isn't real, The Tooth Fairy is pretend, and David Ross is YOU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    I could have....

I should have....
    Many of us would have reacted distinctly from each other. I was merely pointing out that I would have stopped that "conversation" at an earlier stage when the guy was standing in front of me, with his central line wide open, rather than push him and create a "match" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

The level of the man's coolness was rather unusual so anything is possible, but the human condition can also contain infinite possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn
    Very true but unfortunately acting correctly from a legal point of view (inclined to protect the scumbags of this world) does not usually correlate with intelligent self preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn
    I guess he may have wanted and hopped that the situation would just fizzle out. I suspect he knew the young man. As for the door, there may be chance that someone in is family does not like him as much as he would want to be liked....
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 06-27-2010 at 08:56 PM.