Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The deadliest move in all of martial arts

H-Bomb to the face: Real Ultimate Power!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Whoa whoa whoa no need to throw around the F-bomb.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Thats a lot of truth to handle man! Do you teach seminars on passive aggresiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Thats a lot of truth to handle man! Do you teach seminars on passive aggresiveness?
    Only if there is powerthirst involved.

SPORTS!!! RAAAHHHHGGG!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Real ultimate power thirst!

Made with lightning.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    The dude in OPs video managed to saturate his explanation with hype, misinformation, lies, and bullsh%t. The technique is valid, but it is not "deadly". We practiced this in aikido, full force, no problem. The guy in the video should not be teaching.

Here are some other examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Uy59WK0bU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQygNC-akpQ

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This move in CMA is called "摘盔(Zhai Kui) - helmet remove". You put your right hand on top of your opponent's forehead (above the eyebrow). You put your left hand behind his head (above the neck). You use your left hand as the leverage, use your right hand to bend his head backward, and then smash the back of his head onto the ground (like a sacrifice throw). It's one move that you can take down a big opponent of any size. The reason is simple, you use all your body weigh to fight against only your opponent's neck. It was used as assassin technique in the ancient time because the back of the human head is very weak. The best way to apply this move is you walk passing by your opponent's right side. You then apply this move by surprise. In combat, it will require some "set up".

In his clip, he was using the "face push" and "chin push". The rotation axis is a bit shorter than by using the "fore head push". Also his left hand is behind his opponent's waist. This make the rotation axis longer but he has to fight against his opponent's upper body instead of just the neck. IMO, it won't work as well as the "摘盔(Zhai Kui) - helmet remove".

Is this the "deadliest move in all of martial arts"? Next time when you fall back and the back of your head hit on a solid rock, you should be able to draw that conclusion all by yourself.

The move is within many different styles of MA....

It can be done in different ways as the vids and above explanation shows. Is it the "deadliest" technique in MA?

I highly doubt that...

Can it be deadly?

Of course!

If planted on the back of the head on a hard surface like concrete or if caught at the base of the chin just right with the persons body alignment to which your upward motion and their downward motion could possibly snap the neck back or cause a whiplash type effect.
    Last edited by jmd161; 06-23-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

"you won't find this killer move taught in normal martial arts." LOL
    "Normal" martial arts are all about killing. Not self defense.

And what's this about "documented cases" of hand to hand combat between allied and axis soldiers. I've never read of one that didn't involve weapons. It's salesmanship--lies by omission to manipulate consumers.

In the demo vid the man showing the technique stayed standing and let the "victim" fall. In our lama style we practice the move by guiding the (imaginary) head straight down to the ground while falling into a drop stance and adding a strong percussive smack to the floor. He didn't mention that for some reason. Apparently his guy is dead as soon as he falls. There must be some secret augmentation he uses that makes it deadlier than my "normal" style. I'd better buy his material.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

YouKnowWho,
    Thanks for the reply. The technique you describe is definitely dangerous, but it very different in execution and context than the one provided in the video clip.

The reason I say the video's technique is not "deadly" is that 1) it would be extremely difficult to drop the head down straight unless you were significantly bigger than your opponent and 2) the body's natural reaction is to bend the body and tuck the chin such that the back of the head doesn't hit the ground. This would only be "deadly" if the opponent was already knocked out when being thrown.

But besides the technical points, the original video is just terrible. You can check out his other videos on youtube....simply the worst.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    we practice the move by guiding the (imaginary) head straight down to the ground while falling into a drop stance and adding a strong percussive smack to the floor.
    I have a feeling that the guy who made that clip might not want to get into this level of detail. After all, some kid may get this idea from internet, uses it on his friend, and hurt someone.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-24-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I have a feeling that the guy who made that clip might not want to get into this level of detail. After all, some kid may get this idea from internet, uses it on his friend, and hurt someone.
    Probably. OK, I'll give him credit for using some restraint. Actually, I kind of liked his style of presentation. Doesn't seem to be wacko. Just too much generalization and hyperbole.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Seagal doing the move at 3:40 into the clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1V4j...eature=related
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Seagal doing the move at 3:40 into the clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1V4j...eature=related
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.