Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The deadliest move in all of martial arts

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Seagal doing the move at 3:40 into the clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1V4j...eature=related
    That is a verison of the typical "irimi nage" an entering throw, in that case it is applied to either under the chin or the actual thoat.
    It is not a strike and is dependent on the attackers momentum, as are almost all aikido moves.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    IMO, the word "deadly" means you can kill your opponent (by surprise or from behind) without making any sound.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/159/beggercarrydog.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This move in CMA is called "摘盔(Zhai Kui) - helmet remove". You put your right hand on top of your opponent's forehead (above the eyebrow). You put your left hand behind his head (above the neck). You use your left hand as the leverage, use your right hand to bend his head backward, and then smash the back of his head onto the ground (like a sacrifice throw). It's one move that you can take down a big opponent of any size. The reason is simple, you use all your body weigh to fight against only your opponent's neck. It was used as assassin technique in the ancient time because the back of the human head is very weak. The best way to apply this move is you walk passing by your opponent's right side. You then apply this move by surprise. In combat, it will require some "set up".

In his clip, he was using the "face push" and "chin push". The rotation axis is a bit shorter than by using the "fore head push". Also his left hand is behind his opponent's waist. This make the rotation axis longer but he has to fight against his opponent's upper body instead of just the neck. IMO, it won't work as well as the "摘盔(Zhai Kui) - helmet remove".

Is this the "deadliest move in all of martial arts"? Next time when you fall back and the back of your head hit on a solid rock, you should be able to draw that conclusion all by yourself.
    LOL... you must be trolling again. No one is this stupid.

Oh, never mind. I guess the guy in the clip is that stupid also.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL... you must be trolling again. No one is this stupid.

Oh, never mind. I guess the guy in the clip is that stupid also.

Just can't help yourself huh, why can't you add something to the thread?

I guess it's so much easier to be an a$$ hole huh?

If you feel something doesn't work give an explanation based on your experience why you feel it's not a good technique... I don't get it why a person with your experience and age rather be a ***** then add anything relative?
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That is a verison of the typical "irimi nage" an entering throw, in that case it is applied to either under the chin or the actual thoat.
    It is not a strike and is dependent on the attackers momentum, as are almost all aikido moves.
    so if he is not running at you waving his arms around it wont work very well....

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post

If you feel something doesn't work give an explanation based on your experience why you feel it's not a good technique... I don't get it why a person with your experience and age rather be a ***** then add anything relative?
    Perhaps you haven't been here long enough to know that the only one who knows more about everything than Knifefighter is Knifefighter himself. He is an expert on everything and only what he knows is of any value at all!

The only thing bigger than his ego is his A$$hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    so if he is not running at you waving his arms around it wont work very well....
    Yeah right......create a straw dog and beat it with your d!ck again!

Just like everything else, it works or doesn't work according to the context of the situation, the quality of execution, and the abilities of your opponent. When it doesn't work exactly as demonstrated or explained there are modifications that may be used "in situ" to increase the possibility of success, but nothing works 100% of the time, except in your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Aikido tends to depend on the opponents momentum, of course it can create momentum too.
    The front "striking" irimi nage, can be a very powerful "sumo" like slap to the chest ( non"lethal") or a more intense strike to the throat.
    But if you wanna get the nice "legs go flying" picture, you need the opponent to come at you with commited force.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Well, first of all, anyone with any sense should realize when a technique that is perfectly legal in the UFC (as well as judo, SAMBO, BJJ, and wrestling) is labeled "too deadly" to be used there, it is generally a big sign that it doesn't work.

Add that to the fact that, even though it would be perfectly fine to use that technique in any of the above listed sports, it's never been used.

You can see it for yourself. Simply try it against a halfway skilled opponent who is resisting. You can't get either the leverage or the position.

I have been occupied lately with dumb stuff like running my gym and family and haven't had much time to sift through this entire thread BUT.....

A quick look and this is the "chin jab" advocated by W E Fairbairn

It's his name, so if it sucks, so be it

Faibairn was a LEO and military man with a lot of real life experience who also literaly dedicated his life to studying how fights really happen and trying to find appropriate training to prepare for this. Applegate was his student and there is a lot of great material that traces itself back to Fairbairn

Unfortunately, there is now a lot of crap that is using Fairbairn to market itself, a lot of STINKYY HORRIBLE CRAP

The technique isn't supposed to be "deadly" just an easy to teach entry into other options
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Scans from original work, nothing "secret" or deadly here, but probably would work

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Well, first of all, anyone with any sense should realize when a technique that is perfectly legal in the UFC (as well as judo, SAMBO, BJJ, and wrestling) is labeled "too deadly" to be used there, it is generally a big sign that it doesn't work.

Add that to the fact that, even though it would be perfectly fine to use that technique in any of the above listed sports, it's never been used.

You can see it for yourself. Simply try it against a halfway skilled opponent who is resisting. You can't get either the leverage or the position.

I think just about everyone in this thread has stated the fact that the guy over hyped the technique, It's pretty much an Infomercial.

This is where I have a problem with stuff you and people like you say.

How do you know for certain no one has ever used or applied such a technique? I'm not saying exactly like the video... we've already stated there are many variations on that technique.

I doubt before this thread you had ever heard of a chin jab describing a technique that was not a jab at all... You can say with certainty that you've seen and documented every UFC, MMA, Judo, Sambo, BJJ, and wrestling match ever held looking for such a technique and it's variations and it's never been used or attempted?
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Scans from original work, nothing "secret" or deadly here, but probably would work
    Can you slam your hand and fingers into someone's face like that? Of course.

Can you also place you other hand on the opponent's back and then use that "leverage" to slam him forcefully into the ground? Of course not.

How do you know for certain no one has ever used or applied such a technique? I'm not saying exactly like the video... we've already stated there are many variations on that technique.

Can you control the opponent's head with a hand in the face and then use that with a trip or sweep to take him down? Of course.

Can you control the head like that and use your other hand in the back as leverage to take him down? Of course not.

Can you also place you other hand on the opponent's back and then use that "leverage" to slam him forcefully into the ground? Of course not.
    I don't see that in anything I said

I don't see that in what I scanned

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I don't see that in anything I said

I don't see that in what I scanned
    I'm comparing what you scanned (which works) with the technique shown on the clip (which doesn't work).