Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steven Seagal & MMA

Steven Seagal & MMA

Anderson Silva training with Steven Seagal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaVDFW_o1cA ,

just thought this was interesting, how could it be???

James

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaVDFW_o1cA ,

just thought this was interesting, how could it be???

James
    That looks like Black House there. Black House is I believe a LA private gym - Ed Soares who's the manager for a lot of top level fighters I believe set it up - it's an invite only gym where a lot of MMA fighters train, and I believe that it is becoming more popular among the Hollywood celebs, who get invites sometimes as well.

It used to be a Brazilian fight team, but now it's just an exclusive private MMA gym in LA.

I don't know why Anderson would be listening to Steven Seagal, but they're apparantly friends. I don't think Seagal is going to be doing a lot of MMA sparring with Anderson.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    segal looking his age. Got a gut on him that's for sure.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Kind of cool to see them together, when was this taken?
    When one is presented with a diffretn kind of skill set than they are accustomed too, if they are smart, they can always pick up something worthwhile.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

does anyone actually know what skillset Segal has....i mean he looks ok in his films (well his early ones) but his only real fight as far as i know was him getting chocked out by an old man...from what i have read he married into the top ranks of aikido, made up his CIA creds and is hardly what one would call a good example of huam being

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    does anyone actually know what skillset Segal has....i mean he looks ok in his films (well his early ones) but his only real fight as far as i know was him getting chocked out by an old man...from what i have read he married into the top ranks of aikido, made up his CIA creds and is hardly what one would call a good example of huam being
    Aikido, 7th degree BB or something like that.
    Also BB in karate, but don't recall what system.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Aikido, 7th degree BB or something like that.
    Also BB in karate, but don't recall what system.
    was that rankl earned or did he marry into it which i have read on here) and how do you rank his skills (you have a good eye and i believe have met him?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    was that rankl earned or did he marry into it which i have read on here) and how do you rank his skills (you have a good eye and i believe have met him?
    Well, some have suggested he married into it, I don't know.
    His Aikido is very good.
    I met him a few times when he did some movies here, but can't comment on his skill on a personal level.
    Some say he is a jerk others say he is a really good guy, which means he is probably like everyone else, a bit of both and sometimes more one than the other.
    I learned Aikido under Kimeada Sensei here in Toronto, it wasn't my bag but Kimeada knows his stuff and he says Seagal is good so I take that for what it is worth.

OMG!! Looks like MMA is discovering Karate. Nothing there I haven't seen in the schools/styles I've studied. I wouldn't expect a world class fighter to be so amazed at seeing this stuff either.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Actually Dana has been annoyed with Silva for his last couple of fights so as a punishment he is being forced to train with Seagal.

Seagal married into the dojo in Japan and the political connections, pretty much everyone agrees that (1) he is a jerk but (2) when he was in shape and younger he had a lot of very legit skills. Remember his first film above the law, a lot of the early footage is actually real stuff
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I wouldn't expect a world class fighter to be so amazed at seeing this stuff either.
    I would!

I think he's surprised because someone from a TMA is actually doing some things he can feel... Too many don't have a clue what they're doing much less how to actually apply it. I heard Segal has legit skill in Aikido and can use it, doesn't matter that he's gained weight.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    OMG!! Looks like MMA is discovering Karate. Nothing there I haven't seen in the schools/styles I've studied. I wouldn't expect a world class fighter to be so amazed at seeing this stuff either.
    lol hes being polite

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Seagal married into the dojo in Japan and the political connections, pretty much everyone agrees that (1) he is a jerk but (2) when he was in shape and younger he had a lot of very legit skills. Remember his first film above the law, a lot of the early footage is actually real stuff
    Pretty much sums it up.
    The few times we have spoken he was a nice guy, the usual soft spoken voice of his.
    I think that it depends on what "moon" you get him and WHO you are.
    We met through a mutual friend and he seemed cool.
    I haven't seen him in action outside of the movies and such, but he is one big mofu no gray area there.
    His sword work is quite good and we spoke mostly about that to be honest.
    He has high regard for Kyokushin and Judo and hung Kuen.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.
    The few times we have spoken he was a nice guy, the usual soft spoken voice of his.
    I think that it depends on what "moon" you get him and WHO you are.
    We met through a mutual friend and he seemed cool.
    I haven't seen him in action outside of the movies and such, but he is one big mofu no gray area there.
    His sword work is quite good and we spoke mostly about that to be honest.
    He has high regard for Kyokushin and Judo and hung Kuen.
    I know people who directly trained with him, he does a very aggressive style of aikido with practical application, and a LOT of hard contact. He also cross trained both in Japan and here in the US....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....