Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steven Seagal & MMA

I think Couture could beat him within an inch of his life in the cage. With that rule set and no weapons or obstacles, not a chance. Like not even a little bit. A punchers chance is all he would have and it wouldnt last long because he would be on his back or being shitkicked on the cage the whole time. I would love to see it tho. Its always nice to watch a corrupt cop get his ass handed to him for opening his cumdumpster too much.

There is just SO much wrong with what he says. He acts like he can hang. Of course people like Silva give him props, its good PR. But its not like the man actually developed anything new about a front kick. And I find it very hard to believe the Silva wasnt already good at that kick years ago. At best Segal taught team Nogiera some new entry variations from stances they simply dont use. Thats like me standing with my ankles together and doing a front kick and then saying its new because Ive never seen anyone kick from this stance before.

Seagal has been talking and challenging people since the early nineties, but he goes missing when they actually make a date.

Still, Couture is not a martial artist, and if they did fight, Couture would get beaten in any number of ways he would never imagine.

Let us not forget he got knocked out by a basic front kick, that he called a "
    weird kick" in an interview, by Lyoto, who also got some instruction on it from Seagal.

There is a difference between a brawler that works within a rule set, and someone with real skill that is not dependent on physical conditioning to apply his strategies. Unfortunately most people don't have skill so they does recognize it when they see it, and if they are smart enough, they will recognize when they experience it, like Silva and Machida did.

I met the man years ago, he knows his **** and can fight.
    Can he beat a professional fighter?
    Probably not ( there is always a "punchers chance" and Seagal has heavy hands).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I met Seagal too

It was very auspicious - on 6/6/6. I'll never forget that. I told you all about it as it happened on the 6-6-6 thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It was very auspicious - on 6/6/6. I'll never forget that. I told you all about it as it happened on the 6-6-6 thread.
    Old dusty thread alert !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

whachu callin 'old dusty' ?!?

I beg to differ.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart