Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was Wong Fei Hung A Muslim?...

Angry

Greetings to all,

First of all I would like to apology to Muslims about what I will write here, but I must say this :

PLEASE STOP CLAIMING SOMEONE OR SOMETHING AS MUSLIM OR MUSLIM’S !!!

I am a Theravada Buddhist Sect follower from Indonesia. I had enough of this. SOME Muslims in Indonesia (or may be from other country’s) tried to claim person or historical site as Muslim or Muslim’s. Here are some of the claims that I found (mostly posted in Indonesian Language):

First, SOME Muslims wanted to claim that Xuan Zhang (The Chinese Buddhist Monk who traveled to India in the Journey To The West) as Muslim with misleading theories and conclusions.

Second, An Indonesian Professor Fahmi Basya recently was trying to claim that the Candi Borobudur (which is known internationally as Buddhist Architecture) was built by Early Prophet of Islam based on his subjective theories. This effort had created a long fierce debate in the website. Meanwhile, the supporters of this idea still face tough opposition from the opponents.

Third, EVEN HUANG FEI HUNG IS CLAIMED BY THESE MUSLIMS !!!
    I even challenged the poster of this article to come and see Memorial Hall of Huang Fei Hung in Fo Shan as well as to directly ask the descendent of Huang Fei Hung or direct disciple of him to clarify the truth. But no one dares.

I really had enough. I respect their religion but I believe such practice of claiming will not have positive results or benefits to anybody. If you have faith to your religion, why do you still need to claim physical objects such as person or buildings?

wow screw these Malay pigs trying to spread lies about Wong Fei Hong.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Yeah, maybe you guys should post that where the people are making the claims. I just asked the question and like 11 people responded "no" already. I don't think the people making the claims are going to see your post telling them to stop on this forum. Sorry....
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

^What he said. And also,don't be douchebags about it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Yeah, maybe you guys should post that where the people are making the claims. I just asked the question and like 11 people responded "no" already. I don't think the people making the claims are going to see your post telling them to stop on this forum. Sorry....
    You are right. Fortunately, more people come out to debunk this hoax in other places. Although their efforts are sporadic (not in coordinated manner), I am sure the hoax will be cleared sooner or later.

As you say, similar hoaxing practices may not completely stopped. But at least one of the topics can be cleared and by that time, more people will know the truth.

The reason I put this post here are :
    1. It was posted already (someone started it)
    2. Be careful with such hoaxes in the future

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Truth be told, WFH was Jewish.
    During the revolution, the Wong family changed its name to Wong from Bernfeld to escape persecution.
    It is well known that Jews always know where to get good Chinese food.
    The fact that his disciples worked in the dye factories points to the tendancy for Jews to work in the garment industry.
    He had four wives, his fourth was the youngest of them all.
    Catholics cannot get divorced, and most smart Jewish men, after getting squeezed by their ex-wives' lawyers, usually go for a younger woman the next time around. The kids are out of the house, you downsize to a condo down south, in a nice Jewish neighborhood like Guangzhao, or Florida.
    When asked,"But you are so old, and she is so young. Aren't you concerned about a heart attack?"
    To which the aging, WFH replied,"If she dies, she dies."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    To which the aging, WFH replied,"If she dies, she dies."
    that was Drago, not Wong...
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Kungfu View Post
    Greetings to all,

First of all I would like to apology to Muslims about what I will write here, but I must say this :

PLEASE STOP CLAIMING SOMEONE OR SOMETHING AS MUSLIM OR MUSLIM’S !!!

I am a Theravada Buddhist Sect follower from Indonesia. I had enough of this. SOME Muslims in Indonesia (or may be from other country’s) tried to claim person or historical site as Muslim or Muslim’s. Here are some of the claims that I found (mostly posted in Indonesian Language):

First, SOME Muslims wanted to claim that Xuan Zhang (The Chinese Buddhist Monk who traveled to India in the Journey To The West) as Muslim with misleading theories and conclusions.

Second, An Indonesian Professor Fahmi Basya recently was trying to claim that the Candi Borobudur (which is known internationally as Buddhist Architecture) was built by Early Prophet of Islam based on his subjective theories. This effort had created a long fierce debate in the website. Meanwhile, the supporters of this idea still face tough opposition from the opponents.

Third, EVEN HUANG FEI HUNG IS CLAIMED BY THESE MUSLIMS !!!
    I even challenged the poster of this article to come and see Memorial Hall of Huang Fei Hung in Fo Shan as well as to directly ask the descendent of Huang Fei Hung or direct disciple of him to clarify the truth. But no one dares.

I really had enough. I respect their religion but I believe such practice of claiming will not have positive results or benefits to anybody. If you have faith to your religion, why do you still need to claim physical objects such as person or buildings?
    didnt read he whole of this vitriolic spiele... but

to praise Allah may have become confused with being a Moslem... The branch of islam that i am familiar with (and the name alludes me right now) eshews that all religions who worship their own 'one god' worship their own 'Allah'
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

Phil Redmond

It wasn't hateful. It sounds like he was tired of what he perceived to be "cultural theft" by the muslim religion, and this post was what finally set him off. He never said he hated muslims. He said he hated how he felt that muslims were stealing cultural icons and propping them up as their own.

It happens, though. Look at Ward Churchill.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Kungfu View Post
    You are right. Fortunately, more people come out to debunk this hoax in other places. Although their efforts are sporadic (not in coordinated manner), I am sure the hoax will be cleared sooner or later.

As you say, similar hoaxing practices may not completely stopped. But at least one of the topics can be cleared and by that time, more people will know the truth.

The reason I put this post here are :
    1. It was posted already (someone started it)
    2. Be careful with such hoaxes in the future
    If I see something saying a famous Chinese martial artist was Muslim and not being Chinese or knowing kung fu culture, this is probably the place I'm going to come to ask if it's true or not. I apologize in advance Formless Kungfu, but I have nowhere else to ask. But yes, if you also posted this on the forum where the claim was made, not here where I asked whether it was true or not, then yes similar hoaxing topics can be cleared and by that time, more people will know the truth.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Blog Entries
    to praise Allah may have become confused with being a Moslem... The branch of islam that i am familiar with (and the name alludes me right now) eshews that all religions who worship their own 'one god' worship their own 'Allah'
    Al-Islam? ????
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    well, if you are free born and believe in one God as creator...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post
    didnt read he whole of this vitriolic spiele... but

Yeah, the Arabic-speaking Christians of the world refer to God as Allah too (you know the Moslems believe they follow the true religion of Abraham). So if an Arab Christian is praising God (Allah), I could see how that could cause confusion. Then again you've got the related cognates Elah and Eloah in Aramaic and Hebrew (http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Nam...oha/eloha.html) just to confuse things more.
    Last edited by Faruq; 09-29-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: I was bored

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Al-Islam? ????
    i dont know, my istructor has adopted? islam in recent years and it is his branch and their values that i am familiar with...

i have a number of moslem friends but they are more westernised - go figure
    nospam

Phil Redmond

Here's a small thing that I understand about Malaysia.

It is predominantly Muslim.

The Christians who are there refer to god as Allah, that's how strong Islam is in Malaysia.

There is fierce pride in youth, especially in regards to religion when practiced, or styles danced, or music listened to, etc etc.

People who have little in the way of self esteem or personal empowerment will often seek to lure such minds by entertaining those childish prideful things.

And yeah, Wong Fei Hung, like Jesus, was a Jew. (levity, levity now)
    Kung Fu is good for you.