Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was Wong Fei Hung A Muslim?...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Here's a small thing that I understand about Malaysia.

It is predominantly Muslim.

The Christians who are there refer to god as Allah, that's how strong Islam is in Malaysia.

There is fierce pride in youth, especially in regards to religion when practiced, or styles danced, or music listened to, etc etc.

People who have little in the way of self esteem or personal empowerment will often seek to lure such minds by entertaining those childish prideful things.

And yeah, Wong Fei Hung, like Jesus, was a Jew. (levity, levity now)

I don't think its an Islamic strong hold in Malaysia, but I do believe they understand that both Jesus and Mohammad refered to God as Allah. Even Jesus would have known God as Allah, which I think says a lot. Not to mention that Jews also recognize Allah.

Here check this out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65zyICBKBPI

Bless,

Buby
    Last edited by Jorge; 09-29-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    I don't think its an Islamic strong hold in Malaysia, but I do believe they understand that both Jesus and Mohammad refered to God as Allah. Even Jesus would have known God as Allah, which I think says a lot. Not to mention that Jews also recognize Allah.

Here check this out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65zyICBKBPI

Bless,

Buby
    Malaysia is a predominantly muslim country. It is the official religion of the country actually. I do not think there is a reference to Allah in any scripture regarding how Jesus referred to god. Jesus was a rabbi, a Jew. god/tetragrammaton/YHVH to him would be in aramaic or hebrew and would be yaweh.

At least, that's what i learned me in school!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Guys

Remember that, one of the reason I put this post here is "Be careful with such hoaxes in the future".

Its merely about giving a warning, NOT campaigning hatred against muslims.

Lets get the topic back to martial-art related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Malaysia is a predominantly muslim country. It is the official religion of the country actually. I do not think there is a reference to Allah in any scripture regarding how Jesus referred to god. Jesus was a rabbi, a Jew. god/tetragrammaton/YHVH to him would be in aramaic or hebrew and would be yaweh.

At least, that's what i learned me in school!
    Yes, Jesus was a Jew who was said to have spoken Aramaic. In Aramaic, God is Allah.

Check out the movie Passion of the Christ as it's in Aramaic and when Jesus is on the cross and he's asking God why has he forsaken him... He says Allah, because that is the term used in Aramaic for God.

But its all good! Did you know Mohammad the prophet wrestled? Faruq, maybe you can put us on to the type of wrestling that was trained by Mohammad? And do they still practice today?

Thanks in advance,

buby

Sorry, the last guy I knew who knew those facts and where to look up the historical sources for them was back in college. I could only say it would be the wrestling and sword-fighting arts practiced on the Arabian Peninsula back in the 600s. The only other guy I've heard mention it since then is a famous Greek Orthodox convert to Islam named Hamza Yusuf who the second President Bush made his consultant on Islam and Muslims back when he was President. He has like hundreds of speeches out on CD on different aspects of Islam, and I heard it on one of his CDs (I don't remember which one). Since he's famous, I don't know if he'd respond if I contacted him, or if I could even find any contact information for him...
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man