Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Percocet

I've been a nurse for almost 30 years! There is a very simple solution to your problem, ask your doctor for something else!!!

Not everyone reacts the same way to the same medications. Demerol and Morphine do nothing for me. I need Tylenol #3 which is about the weakest one out there now. My brother needs high doses of Morphine for any pain relief. My head swims on Vicodin, so I avoid it! I could fly a fighter jet on Tylenol #3, but it kills just about any kind of pain for me.

You can try Norco, Vicodin, Tylenol #3, even higher than over the counter doses of motrin or naprosyn. They do work for severe pain for some people!

Of course you could also hit yourself with a hammer. A greater pain often helps you forget the lesser pain!

I was heavily sedated and led out in a wheelchair with a bag of goodies... I could barely climb into the passenger seat of my car, much less dispute the contents of the brown bag left in my lap...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I was heavily sedated and led out in a wheelchair with a bag of goodies... I could barely climb into the passenger seat of my car, much less dispute the contents of the brown bag left in my lap...
    LOL!!! I don't mean at that time, but now! You should be able to call your Doctor at any time and have him give you a different prescription. I am of course assuming you went home with a prescription for more or your own bottle or package of Percocet. If it was only given to you while in the hospital then just be sure to mention to them next time you do not want to be given Percocet.