Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Apocalypse is Upon Us

The Apocalypse is Upon Us

First, KC Elbows comes out of hiding, risking his witness=protection status, but now Philbert and Sevestar are posting agan?

If Eulerfan and African Tiger show up, I'm 100% certain Uki will implode and form this:

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Philbert lives!

We saw him with our own eyes at Twin Peaks.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That's the anus river in wichita isn't it?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

the most shocking thing? after a 2 year hiatus, I am still #3 in post count, lol.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Greetings,

You know, adult Hollywood never made their own tribute to Apocalypse Now.......ApairofLips Now!!

It just never happened.

mickey

Thumbs down

cool ****ing picture!!!

my computer must have given the thumbs down sign... this does not reflect the belief of the computers user.

how about that oil spill eh?? it truly is the end of things as we know it.

Greetings,

The Apocalypse is the work of Man and no other. Have you been noticing the fake weather?

mickey

after so much water or masses imploding into a tiny space (black hole)

there will be a huge exploding or super nova

talking about death of stars and rebirth of stars

just like a circle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl8fKAYQuPk

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I'm 100% certain Uki will implode and form this:

but first he would have to stop being this:

Yeah, lots of changes in life the past couple months and now I am back training again after not training for a long time. Didn't realize I was so out of shape either gotta lose like another 10-15 lbs.
    I have a signature.

Sept. 23, 2017

There's some embedded vids if you follow the link.

The world as we know it is about to end — again — if you believe this biblical doomsday claim
    By Kristine Phillips September 17

NASA senior scientist David Morrison debunked an apocalyptic claim that a planet called Nibiru is on a collision course with Earth. (NASA)
    A few years ago, NASA senior space scientist David Morrison debunked an apocalyptic claim as a hoax.

No, there’s no such thing as a planet called Nibiru, he said. No, it’s not a brown dwarf surrounded by planets, as iterations of the claim suggest. No, it’s not on a collision course toward Earth. And yes, people should “get over it.”

But the claim has been getting renewed attention recently. Added to it is the precise date of the astronomical event leading to Earth’s destruction. And that, according to David Meade, is in six days — Sept. 23, 2017. Unsealed, an evangelical Christian publication, foretells the Rapture in a viral, four-minute YouTube video, complete with special effects and ominous doomsday soundtrack. It’s called “September 23, 2017: You Need to See This.”

Why Sept. 23, 2017?

Meade’s prediction is based largely on verses and numerical codes in the Bible. He has homed in one number: 33.

“Jesus lived for 33 years. The name Elohim, which is the name of God to the Jews, was mentioned 33 times [in the Bible],” Meade told The Washington Post. “It’s a very biblically significant, numerologically significant number. I’m talking astronomy. I’m talking the Bible … and merging the two.”

And Sept. 23 is 33 days since the Aug. 21 total solar eclipse, which Meade believes is an omen.

Capital Weather Gang's Angela Fritz takes us back in time to show how mankind has reacted to eclipses over thousands of years. (Claritza Jimenez, Daron Taylor, Angela Fritz/The Washington Post)
    He points to the Book of Revelation, which he said describes the image that will appear in the sky on that day, when Nibiru is supposed to rear its ugly head, eventually bringing fire, storms and other types of destruction.

[Will the mysterious shadow planet Nibiru obliterate Earth in October? No.]

The book describes a woman “clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head” who gives birth to a boy who will “rule all the nations with an iron scepter” while she is threatened by a red seven-headed dragon. The woman then grows the wings of an eagle and is swallowed up by the earth.

The belief, as previously described by Gary Ray, a writer for Unsealed, is that the constellation Virgo — representing the woman — will be clothed in sunlight, in a position that is over the moon and under nine stars and three planets. The planet Jupiter, which will have been inside Virgo — in her womb, in Ray’s interpretation — will move out of Virgo, as though she is giving birth.

To make clear, Meade said he’s not saying the world will end Saturday. Instead, he claims, the prophesies in the Book of Revelation will manifest that day, leading to a series of catastrophic events that will happen over the course of weeks.

“The world is not ending, but the world as we know it is ending,” he said, adding later: “A major part of the world will not be the same the beginning of October.”

Meade’s prediction has been dismissed as a hoax not only by NASA scientists, but also by people of faith.

Ed Stetzer, a professor and executive director of Wheaton College’s Billy Graham Center for Evangelism, first took issue with how Meade is described in some media articles.

“There’s no such thing as a Christian numerologist,” he told The Post. “You basically got a made-up expert in a made-up field talking about a made-up event.… It sort of justifies that there’s a special secret number codes in the Bible that nobody believes.”

Meade said he never referred to himself as a Christian numerologist. He’s a researcher, he said, and he studied astronomy at a university in Kentucky, though he declined to say which one, citing safety reasons. His website says he worked in forensic investigations and spent 10 years working for Fortune 1000 companies. He’s also written books. The most recent one is called “Planet X — The 2017 Arrival.”

Stetzer said that while numbers do have significance in the Bible, they shouldn’t be used to make sweeping predictions about planetary motions and the end of Earth.

[For some, eclipse day showcases God’s majesty. For others, it means the Rapture is coming.]

“Whenever someone tells you they have found a secret number code in the Bible, end the conversation,” he wrote in an article published Friday in Christianity Today. “Everything else he or she says can be discounted.”

That is not to say that Christians don’t believe in the Bible’s prophesies, Stetzer said, but baseless theories that are repeated and trivialized embarrass people of faith.

“We do believe some odd things,” he said. “That Jesus is coming back, that he will set things right in the world, and no one knows the day or the hour.”

The doomsday date was initially predicted to be in May 2003, according to NASA. Then it was moved to Dec. 21, 2012, the date that the Mayan calendar, as some believed, marked the apocalypse.

Morrison, the NASA scientist, has given simple explanations debunking the claim that a massive planet is on course to destroy Earth. If Nibiru is, indeed, as close as conspiracy theorists believe to striking Earth, astronomers, and anyone really, would’ve already seen it.

“It would be bright. It would be easily visible to the naked eye. If it were up there, you could see it. All of us could see it. … If Nibiru were real and it were a planet with a substantial mass, then it would already be perturbing the orbits of Mars and Earth. We would see changes in those orbits due to this rogue object coming in to the inner solar system,” Morrison said in a video.

Doomsday believers also say that Nibiru is on a 3,600-year orbit. That means it had already come through the solar system in the past, which means we should be looking at an entirely different solar system today, Morrison said.

“Its gravity would’ve messed up the orbits of the inner planets, the Earth, Venus, Mars, probably would’ve stripped the moon away completely,” he said. “Instead, in the inner solar system, we see planets with stable orbits. We see the moon going around the Earth.”

And if Nibiru is not a planet and is, in fact, a brown dwarf, as some claims suggest — again, we would’ve already seen it.

“Everything I’ve said would be worse with a massive object like a brown dwarf,” Morrison said. “That would’ve been tracked by astronomers for a decade or more, and it would already have really affected planetary objects.”

Some call Nibiru “Planet X,” as Meade did in the title of his book. Morrison said that’s a name astronomers give to planets or possible objects that have not been found. For example, when space scientists were searching for a planet beyond Neptune, it was called Planet X. And once it was found, it became Pluto.

Stetzer encouraged Christians to be critical, especially in an information era marred with fake news stories.

“It’s simply fake news that a lot of Christians believe the world will end on September 23,” Stetzer wrote. “Yet, it is still a reminder that we need to think critically about all the news.”

He took issue with a Fox News story with a headline that appears to give credence to the doomsday claim — and was published in the Science section under the label “Planets.”

“Every time end-of-the-world predictions resurface in the media, it is important that we ask ourselves, ‘Is this helpful?’ ” Stetzer wrote. “Is peddling these falsehoods a good way to contribute to meaningful, helpful discussions about the end of times?”

Julie Zauzmer contributed to this story.
    I thought the apocalypse already happened on 12/21/12. Or was it 6/6/6?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It should be noted that numerology and divination is actually against bible teachings.
    There are explicit condemnations in both the OT and NT against it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It should be noted that numerology and divination is actually against bible teachings.
    There are explicit condemnations in both the OT and NT against it.
    Is the reason to prevent humankind becoming the equals of God?

How many times have people said, 'The end is coming! Doomsday is upon us!" When the fact of the matter is that the VAST majority of people proclaiming the end will die at home in bed, or in a hospital/nursing home/hospice, hooked up to machines. Or in accidents. Meanwhile, the world goes on as usual.

There is a kind of "spiritual" narcissism involved with those who constantly predict the end times. Meaning it's coming because they say so, and they'll be here to say, "I told you so." As a bonus, they (the predictors) will be among God's 'chosen few', to be plucked up when it happens in some type of spiritual rapture. Then they'll gloat from the safety of their seats in Heaven. They believe that being a sniveling, @ss-kissing coward is the way to God's good graces.

Those types of people are not really 'spiritual' in any sense of the word. Most of those types are no more than self-righteous psychopaths, like that slimeball Harold Camping, who love feeding on the fear of nervous, gullible people.

If the end does happen to come when I'm here, I certainly will not have wasted my life living in constant dread, waiting and worrying about it.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 09-21-2017 at 09:42 AM.