Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Icmac

Smile Demo

Sorry to hear you were ill, hope you are feeling better. I was at the whole thing Saturday including Master's demo. It was an interesting day. Got to see lots of different events. Excakid was there competing in a bunch of events and so were some more people from his school. It didn't appear to be as well attended as Tai Chi Legacy. The theme was friendship through Martial Arts and I talked with lots of people from all over including some of the masters. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but maybe some other time. I did enjoy seeing lots of Tai Chi and push hands.

Great seeing you again Dragonsihing.

I will give another shot at getting a board member get together Friday before the tournament at Taiji Legacy. That last couple of years it was not that well received. 1st year it was just PorkChop and I, last year it was just Gene and I. Hoping 3rd time will be a charm.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

location, location, location

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Great seeing you again Dragonsihing.

I will give another shot at getting a board member get together Friday before the tournament at Taiji Legacy. That last couple of years it was not that well received. 1st year it was just PorkChop and I, last year it was just Gene and I. Hoping 3rd time will be a charm.
    you're choice of restaurant is a bit difficult for us old married guys.....

I'm just sayin'...
    .... Skip

Smile Get Together

That would be great. Come on Skip, it's only going out to eat. Right? And visit with folks we talk with but ever hardly get to see face to face. Do you have alternative sites? Remember we have to have cheese nachos for Gene.

Alright, I'll choose a more "suitable" establishment this go around.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

credit card reciept

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONSIHING View Post
    That would be great. Come on Skip, it's only going out to eat. Right? And visit with folks we talk with but ever hardly get to see face to face. Do you have alternative sites? Remember we have to have cheese nachos for Gene.
    Ummmm.....no..... when my wife paid the credit cards next month she would be filing for divorce the next day...

An alternative site? Well I'm not sure these young folks want a quiet time out....

I used to live in Plano in the '70's - but all the development there since then is all new to me, including restaurants.... Any ordinary place with good food in Plano, Richardson, etc. would be close for those folks traveling into Plano.
    .... Skip

just make them pay Skip!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

thanks for the thought Lucas..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    just make them pay Skip!!!
    but no, she has way too many friends and relatives in this little part of the world - I'm just not a risk taker at heart......

thanks anyway tho...
    .... Skip

Shouldn't this go on the Taiji Legacy thread?

I mean the Kung Fu Legends 2010 thread.

I don't think we have a KFL 2010 thread yet and the old KFL 2009 got deleted for some unknown reason.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post
    but no, she has way too many friends and relatives in this little part of the world - I'm just not a risk taker at heart......

thanks anyway tho...
    heh ya i understand. the women of america could teach the cia a thing or two about aquiring intelligence...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I mean the Kung Fu Legends 2010 thread.

I don't think we have a KFL 2010 thread yet and the old KFL 2009 got deleted for some unknown reason.
    Well one of us should start one. Are you going to be covering the event again?

Icmac

Anyone going to the ICMAC event this weekend in S.F.? I'll be there on Friday for the judges meeting and seminars, but that's it, as it's 4th of July weekend and I have other plans.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Anyone going to the ICMAC event this weekend in S.F.? I'll be there on Friday for the judges meeting and seminars, but that's it, as it's 4th of July weekend and I have other plans.

We have one student from our school going. 8yr old Alex Mederos. He was actually in the running for the Legends of Kung Fu Form Grandchampion this past weekend. He's been doing the ICMAC circuit this year.

I merged this thread with the previous Dallas ICMAC thread

There's also another ICMAC related thread here: My student gets robbed!!!!

Here's a pic of Nick & Tat from the weekend.

I was only there for the judges meeting, just to show face. I posted a few more on our FB & MS platforms.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    i met Sifu Nick, very nice guy.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better