Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kagan: It's ok for Gov't to ban books - VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I fail to see me giving anyone a pass there.

I did say 'others did it too', you are 100% correct. But nowhere did I give a pass to the Republicans.
    Really? SanHeChuan started a thread about how Republicans are using the politics of fear. You said the Democrats do it too.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...34&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan
    For many years now the Republican Party has taken to the tactics of Appeal to emotion, creating a Culture of fear, and Propaganda.

They do this because they believe that Americans are not rational thinking human beings but sheeple not worth reasoning with. Why bother discussing merits of your ideas if you believe as they obviously do that manipulation works better. They act like they are stupid and maybe they are, but they act like we are stupid, and that’s where they lost me. If they think you’re stupid, will they lie to you, or will they show you one hand while hiding the other.
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...78&postcount=2

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Is this playing on people's fears any different from how the Democrats have said Republicans wanted to starve children and force senior citizens to have to eat dog food to survive?
    When he followed up with...

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...43&postcount=6

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan
    Death panels are Teh Truth?
    ...as an example of using the politics of fear, you replied:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...51&postcount=7

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Those go hand in hand with socialized medicine. If they are not in there now, they will be once this Government program runs over budget. You know what running over budget is, right? It's what EVERY Government program ends up doing.
    That is most definitely an example of giving Republicans a pass on using fear tactics.

Face it, you do exactly what you deny doing. That is called lying. You are explicitly saying it's okay for the Republicans to use fear as the Democrats do it too.
    Last edited by Reality_Check; 07-02-2010 at 08:39 AM.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Ok, fine.

Here is a non-spliced video of her refusing to say the Government does not have the power to tell people what they can and cannot eat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSoWG...layer_embedded

Do you want the Government taking away The People's right to eat as we choose?
    I want the one where she says banning books is ok.

And yeah, if I'm the one paying for your diabetic, heart-disease ridden self because you are eating the corporate processed "food", then I'd like to have a say. Otherwise, how about this... you eat whatever the hell you want, and in return, you are denied insurance because you are essentially derailing the entire industry by being part of an unhealthy mass of idiots who expect people to cover down for you, either by burdening the insurance industry with your basic lack of common dietary sense, or burdening the universal health care for the same reasons. Universal or private, it doesn't matter. Fatasses who eat chemical-laden "nom nom"s will kill either system if they are allowed to participate.

Oh, and the lovely side effect is that local farmers suffer because you'd rather have a twinkie than a salad.

Sounds fair. You kill yourself. You pay for it yourself.

But, regardess, like I said... this is a distraction. I want the clip where she says banning books is ok. VERBATIM. Otherwise, your post is misleading and essentially a lie.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Show us where anyone did more than just point out that the other side did it to. Show a post where any of us explicitly said that it was ok for the Dems to do something because the republicans had.

If that's what you expect from us to prove you wrong. This is what you need to prove yourself right.
    You guys have REPEATEDLY justified Obama's spending while criticizing Bush for his spending. That's hypocracy. And thats what I'm looking for.

Yes.
    Are you f'king serious?!?! Show me where in the Constitution it says the Gov't has that power.

So let me get this stright, you say The People have "reproductive rights" (abortion), but we do not have "digestive rights"?

Are you really saying we should have the right to suck a baby out of a womb but not have the right to eat a Big Mac?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Really? SanHeChuan started a thread about how Republicans are using the politics of fear. You said the Democrats do it too.
    ONCE AGAIN, you are right that I said they both do it. But I notice I did not give the Republicans a pass.

Of course I can't give the Republicans a pass for saying the Democrats want to starve kids and force seniors to eat dog food because the Republicans never even said that.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

That is most definitely an example of giving Republicans a pass on using fear tactics.
    No it is not. Its a FACT that countries with socialized medicine ration care, which is in effect having death panels.

Face it, you do exactly what you deny doing. That is called lying. You are explicitly saying it's okay for the Republicans to use fear as the Democrats do it too.
    Again, I never said that.

If the Republicans said that Democrats want old people to die or eat dog food and they want children to starve, I would condemn tham just as I have Democrats who have actually done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I want the one where she says banning books is ok.
    It's in there. Look, the video is different clips of her put together to make a point. You are right. But the video CLEARLY states the questions posed Ms Kagan and her answers to those questions.

And yeah, if I'm the one paying for your diabetic, heart-disease ridden self because you are eating the corporate processed "food", then I'd like to have a say. Otherwise, how about this... you eat whatever the hell you want, and in return, you are denied insurance because you are essentially derailing the entire industry by being part of an unhealthy mass of idiots who expect people to cover down for you, either by burdening the insurance industry with your basic lack of common dietary sense, or burdening the universal health care for the same reasons. Universal or private, it doesn't matter. Fatasses who eat chemical-laden "nom nom"s will kill either system if they are allowed to participate.
    That sounds ok, actually. The only problem is that people like me say no one should be paying for anyone else's care. So I say let people eat what they want. If they get sick and have either good insurance or enough money to cover the medical effects, fine. But I don't want the Gov't interfering IN ANY WAY. That includes providing insurance. Again, I'm being consistant here, I want NO Gov't interference, I'm not picking and choosing.

Oh, and the lovely side effect is that local farmers suffer because you'd rather have a twinkie than a salad.
    And if I eat only healthy food, the guys making the Twinkies suffer.

See how capitalism works! It's amazing, isn't it.

Sounds fair. You kill yourself. You pay for it yourself.
    Sounds great. But now we have the Government wanting to take care of us, and now we've opened the door to them monitoring our food. I wanted them the hell out, so I feel I have every right to eat 35 Big Macs a day if I so desire.

It's really simple Drake. Let me ask you, did you ever get mad at your parents over their rules? I did. And it was always the same reply from them, "When you pay your own bills, you make your own rules". That's a great way to look at life. Well now we have millions of people wanting the Gov't to pay our bills, and it's only logical that if they pay our bills they can make the rules. I myself choose to live on my own and pay my own bills. What's wrong with me just wanting to live that way?

It's in there. Look, the video is different clips of her put together to make a point. You are right. But the video CLEARLY states the questions posed Ms Kagan and her answers to those questions.
    If it's not explicitly quotable then it's not true. That's the argument you're using against us to justify your hypocrisy. Give me one quote where she explicitly says the government can/should ban books.

You guys have REPEATEDLY justified Obama's spending while criticizing Bush for his spending. That's hypocracy. And thats what I'm looking for.
    Your looking for but you can’t find one quote where we explicitly said it was ok, because others did it. You said we did that, prove it.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

If the Republicans said that Democrats want old people to die or eat dog food and they want children to starve, I would condemn tham just as I have Democrats who have actually done this.
    But only if they say exactly that? But if they do other kinds of fear mongering, it's okay?

Face it, the Republicans use fear mongering. You justified it by saying the Democrats do it too. Which you said you haven't done. Which makes you a liar.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

And the transcript has all of that and more. So, please read the transcript and quote the section(s) where she says it's okay to ban books.

And where is your example? Hmm...

That sounds ok, actually. The only problem is that people like me say no one should be paying for anyone else's care. So I say let people eat what they want. If they get sick and have either good insurance or enough money to cover the medical effects, fine. But I don't want the Gov't interfering IN ANY WAY. That includes providing insurance. Again, I'm being consistant here, I want NO Gov't interference, I'm not picking and choosing.

And if I eat only healthy food, the guys making the Twinkies suffer.

See how capitalism works! It's amazing, isn't it.

Sounds great. But now we have the Government wanting to take care of us, and now we've opened the door to them monitoring our food. I wanted them the hell out, so I feel I have every right to eat 35 Big Macs a day if I so desire.

It's really simple Drake. Let me ask you, did you ever get mad at your parents over their rules? I did. And it was always the same reply from them, "When you pay your own bills, you make your own rules". That's a great way to look at life. Well now we have millions of people wanting the Gov't to pay our bills, and it's only logical that if they pay our bills they can make the rules. I myself choose to live on my own and pay my own bills. What's wrong with me just wanting to live that way?
    Using that SAME logic, we should allow the opium trade to continue, so that we don't put them out of work as well.

And FYI... even if you have NO insurance, and even if there was NO universal health care, if your twinkie filled ass has a stroke, heart attack, or any other one of the countless thngs that processed food causes, an ambulance will come and get you, a doctor will see you, and many thousands of dollars will be spent on you, regardless of whether or not you can pay for it. That is the fatal flaw in your logic. You won't just fall down and slowly die as peope watch. There will be hundreds of dollars wasted on an ambulance, thousands wasted in medical care, and a doctor and staff pulled from people who are suffering from legitimate injuries or illnesses that were unpreventable.

How much have your taxes gone up, by the way? I haven't seen a single change in the taxes I pay since President Obama took office. I haven't seen anyone take away all the ammo like predicted. I haven't seen anything unusual in the economy, as it is recovering slowly, as it was predicted long before he took office. Oh yeah... President Obama even told us it would be a slow recovery, and that we must be patient.

On the flip side, I didn't see Fmr Pres. Bush do anything terrible to the economy either.

GUESS WHAT PEOPLE. AMERICANS CAUSED THE FINANCIAL MELTDOWN, AND THEY ALSO CAUSED THE HOUSING MARKET CRASH. Stop playing the blame game... it was collective American irresponsibility. Stop blaming Bush and Obama and take responsibility for the corruption in the banking sector and the inability (or unwillingness) to comprehend loans that we couldn't pay.

No books have been banned, no guns have been taken, and taxes have not skyrocketed. And comparably, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are friggin' MILD compared to WWII, Vietnam, or Korea. I believe Bush did what he thought was right, just as I feel Obama is doing what he thinks is right.

Cheney, on the other hand.... that dude worries me. I don't like his smile.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Oh, and my father threw me out on X-Mas...so let's not use parents as an example, k?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Your looking for but you can’t find one quote where we explicitly said it was ok, because others did it. You said we did that, prove it.
    So it looks like for the 3,475th time my sources don't count.

Look, she has ZERO EXPERIENCE as a judge. ZERO. And the hypocracy is rampant by the Democrats on this issue. They rejected Harriet Miers for not having enough experience, but now they are ready to confirm someone with even less experience than Ms Miers. That's hypocracy.

But only if they say exactly that? But if they do other kinds of fear mongering, it's okay?

Face it, the Republicans use fear mongering. You justified it by saying the Democrats do it too. Which you said you haven't done. Which makes you a liar.
    How can i condemn them for telling the truth?

There are death panels in countries with socialized medicine. That's not fear-mongering, it's the truth. I don't know about you, but I don't condemn the truth.

Once you show me proof of Republican laws FORCING old people to eat dog food, or proof of children starving in the streets after (and because of) budget cuts, I'll accept you are justified in calling me a hypocrite.

And where is your example? Hmm...
    Screw you. You're one of the worst ones.

Ok, lets cut to the chase. In your opinion is Obama's massive spending justified? If not, please tell me what he is spending too much on and what he needs to cut. And I already know you're gonna blame the war, so tell me what else needs to be cut besides that.

This should be good...