Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you pay for kung fu?

8stepsifu Guest

What do you pay for kung fu?

What do you pay a month for kung fu? What do you pay for uniforms and testing fees?

Tekarius Guest
    I pay 5$ a month and I dunno about my uniform my bro paid it for me 8step sifu how much do you pay?

[This message has been edited by Tekarius (edited 08-24-2000).]

70 MONTH
    65 UNIFORM
    35 TEST YELLOW
    35 TEST GREEN
    40 TEST BLUE
    ETC...ETC ...ETC...

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    I pay $50 Canadian per month. Private lessons at sifu's house, 90-120 min, once a week, wear whatever you like. It's by far the best deal in my city. Some of the TKD and Karate schools charge as much as $100 for group classes, plus all kinds of other fees.

Tekarius Guest
    Paul Im moving where you are. you got a sweet deal.

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    Hehe, look around in your city. I'm sure there are a few high level martial artists with low profiles, accepting a few private students.

Tekarius Guest
    I really like where Im studying martial arts here but its really expensive. But I think its kind of worth it tho.

WuMan Guest
    Paul,
    Would you happen to live in Calgary?

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    Actually, I live in Edmonton, 300 km north of Calgary. I don't know everything about the martial arts scene in Calgary, but I can make some recommendations if you like.

Iron_Monkey Guest
    50 a month for kung fu OR taiji or 60 a month for kung fu AND taiji. There are 7 kung fu classes a week and 7 taiji classes a week and you can come as much as you like. Actual classes are in a set time frame, but you can come in and train by yourself almost anytime.....

Tekarius Guest
    what about weapons how much do you pay for weapons??

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    Weapons. With me, I either buy my own or make my own. Doesnt cost anything extra to learn weapons.

7 days a week is the kind of gym I'd love to have access too. I just go to sifu's place for a couple of hours a week, and spend the rest of the time training at home. It's tough training weapons in winter time when you dont have a nice training hall. Other than that, home training is pretty much a great thing.

Tekarius Guest
    What about buying weapons?? How much does that cost in Alberta?

Spaz Guest
    I pay $45 a month ( canadian )
    my uniform was $54.95 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WuMan Guest
    Paul,
    You had a reccomendation?