Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karate teacher kills himself

Karate teacher kills himself

This guy should have watched fewer movies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ju...head-shootings
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

The article you listed said the Karate instructor was killed by his girlfriend's ex who is still on the run.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Well done.

Read it again.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    The article you listed said the Karate instructor was killed by his girlfriend's ex who is still on the run.
    yes, he ran outside of the house to engage after the guy after he had already fired a shot into the house striking his ex-GF; definitely gets a Darwin for that...

As a martial artist, he should have known not to confront a deranged person with a gun...especially when he already demonstrated that he was there to use it.

It's always good to keep your presence-of-mind during confrontational situations like these and keep your emotions in check...
    Teoul
    "In kung fu nothing is given; everything is earned"

this is why I keep a crossbow in the house, and a catapult
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    this is why I keep a crossbow in the house, and a catapult
    most people never get passed ur moat or giant three-headed dog for u to have to use them tho..

most people never get passed ur moat or giant three-headed dog for u to have to use them tho..
    I just stand on the ramparts and fart in their general direction

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I just stand on the ramparts and fart in their general direction
    is that what is meant by "o'er the ramparts we watched, was so galantly steaming"?

fortunately, a moment of this was caught on film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

his iron jacket training wasn't strong enough.
    Ron Paul '08

http://myspace.com/ronpaul2008

Hope for America!

Good Martial Artist always carries a gun!! Why do people fail to practice this part. Martial Artist of old always carried a weapon of sorts. Yet today, people have this sense of over confidence at being able to beat people with their fist.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    This guy should have watched fewer movies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ju...head-shootings
    ok read the article, he didnt kill himself i know what you were getting at, but how was this guy suppose to know the level of derangement he was getting himself into? so does this mean when you go out to confront someone no matter what you carry a gun on you? yeah cant wait to see the story of you being arrested for accidental discharge or god forbid accidental manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Good Martial Artist always carries a gun!! Why do people fail to practice this part. Martial Artist of old always carried a weapon of sorts. Yet today, people have this sense of over confidence at being able to beat people with their fist.
    well not every one lives where you can just carry a gun around like you're a cowboy.

That's pretty much the US and the third world really.
    In the US it's because of the bill of rights and in the 3rd world it's because they have a lot of lawlessness and not very good government...wait... lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Thank you.....I have been trying to tell this BB that very same thing for years, but people would rather pretend they are tough.

I have frequently mentioned a friend of my brother-in-law who was a former Army Ranger, bouncer and Kenpo black belt who was shot to death with a .32 cal pistol while trying to disarm his crazy ex-girl friend!

It doesn't take much to equalize, or defeat, 20 years or more of specialized training!

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    .....the level of derangement he was getting himself into? so does this mean when you go out to confront someone no matter what you carry a gun on you?
    What you do is leave the area, through a back window if necessary, and call the police. Domestic disputes are the most dangerous! Passions run high on the part of all parties and unfortunate consequences are sure to follow.

Or you can risk getting injured, arrested or killed of course, all in the name of noble actions!

REAL men don't run away right?