Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karate teacher kills himself

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    ok read the article, he didnt kill himself i know what you were getting at, but how was this guy suppose to know the level of derangement he was getting himself into? so does this mean when you go out to confront someone no matter what you carry a gun on you? yeah cant wait to see the story of you being arrested for accidental discharge or god forbid accidental manslaughter.
    The bloke shot through his window and hit his girlfriend.

To me, this means you lock the doors and windows without giving him a second clear shot, arm yourself, and call the bizzies.

That you don't 'go out and confront' anyone with a gun (especially if he's already used it!) is the point, full stop... not even if you have one.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    you don't 'go out and confront' anyone with a gun (especially if he's already used it!) is the point, full stop... not even if you have one.

Agreed!

You've got to be crazy going out to confront someone armed and you're unarmed... especially after this person has already fired into the house you were in. He's already proved he's willing to use it on his EX, so I'd say it's safe to say as his ex's new boy friend he'll shoot you as well!
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    this is why I keep a crossbow in the house, and a catapult
    lol its better to keep a chu ko nu instead loaded with pencils as ammo. lol an optional idea is to dip the tip of the pencils with pufferfish toxin

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Thank you.....I have been trying to tell this BB that very same thing for years, but people would rather pretend they are tough.

I have frequently mentioned a friend of my brother-in-law who was a former Army Ranger, bouncer and Kenpo black belt who was shot to death with a .32 cal pistol while trying to disarm his crazy ex-girl friend!

It doesn't take much to equalize, or defeat, 20 years or more of specialized training!

What you do is leave the area, through a back window if necessary, and call the police. Domestic disputes are the most dangerous! Passions run high on the part of all parties and unfortunate consequences are sure to follow.

Or you can risk getting injured, arrested or killed of course, all in the name of noble actions!

REAL men don't run away right?

I fully agree.
    Back in the '90s, a childhood friend of mine, who was a cop, and his partner went to a domestic violence call, and as he walked up to the house, he was fatally shot by the husband. And he was just doing his duty! Getting involved in someone else's domestic dispute is one of the most dangerous situations you can find yourself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I fully agree.
    Back in the '90s, a childhood friend of mine, who was a cop, and his partner went to a domestic violence call, and as he walked up to the house, he was fatally shot by the husband. And he was just doing his duty! Getting involved in someone else's domestic dispute is one of the most dangerous situations you can find yourself in.
    I have friends that are cops and they all hate going to domestic violence calls...

A friend of mine a cop here gets a call with his partner. They get there and he says the wife was beat to crap! She's screaming get his ass out of here I want him out of here!

They go to handcuff the guy and she losses it!

All the sudden she has a change of heart and doesn't want him to go to jail. My friend explained the law that someone has to go once the police are called and there are injuries. They proceed to walk the guy out when the wife out of nowhere plunges a butcher knife into the back of his shoulder. He said the only thing that saved him was the vest he was wearing.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    well not every one lives where you can just carry a gun around like you're a cowboy.

That's pretty much the US and the third world really.
    In the US it's because of the bill of rights and in the 3rd world it's because they have a lot of lawlessness and not very good government...wait... lol
    You limp noodles in Canada should take note
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    ok read the article, he didnt kill himself i know what you were getting at, but how was this guy suppose to know the level of derangement he was getting himself into? so does this mean when you go out to confront someone no matter what you carry a gun on you? yeah cant wait to see the story of you being arrested for accidental discharge or god forbid accidental manslaughter.
    Dude, he didn't stick the gun to his own head, but he did charge an angry person who'd already shown he was willing to shoot. You just don't do stupid things like that and live long. The point is, a black belt should ideally know better than to do something like that, therefore, he committed suicide by moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it