Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting playlist suggestions

Weightlifting playlist suggestions

I'm a bit bored with my weightlifting playlist.

It consists of the Blade II, Matrix and Spawn soundtracks, a few Ministry tracks, a smattering of Einsturzende Neubauten, some hardcoreish techno every now and then (like Overseer's "Supermoves" from the Snatch soundtrack, and Fluke's "Atom Bomb" from the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack), and a couple of old school punk numbers (Ruts, Stiff Little Fingers, etc).

Anyone any suggestions?

Some people suggested Death From Above 1979, and NIN. I like NIN, but I can't find anything of theirs quite heavy enough to give me that weight-rage I'm looking for, and I couldn't possibly listen to anything by someone as ridiculously named as DFA1979! I'm also thinking of resurrecting my old fondness for KMFDM and Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel (tho, admittedly, SFOTW may fit into the silly names category).

Incidentally, apart from industrial/techno/hiphop crossover/punk, the only things that lift me higher are old school funk/soul: James Brown, Lee Dorsey etc... But that just won't do for the bench press...!

What's on your playlist?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Wink

Hi,

I love the propellerheads' version to "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" It is my exercise piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN8GcRGNWe4

You would have to be a zombie not to get pumped to James Brown's "Superbad". If you are a bit jaded to this number, try this version. It is a slow funk that begs for a grind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-OkYUB3PhM

This one may be hard to get. It is "Killer Whale" by the Underground Resistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRWBIVHb9g

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-04-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Good call, love the Propellorheads... they're a bit happy-bouncy for my liking in the gym tho.

Superbad, cheers, I'll check that out!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Mr Punch,

This one is for your concentration. If you can focus through this in one workout, you might achieve a personal best in the workout that follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ0CCh2rg5s

mickey

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    nice...about the only **** worth resurrecting here is fav music threads...i'lll have to get back to with more but:

AC/CD: It's a long way
    Eminem: Lose Yourself & Till I Collapse ( i know, i'm NOT an Eminem fan, but both these songs get me pumped up a bit.
    Goldfinger: Superman (us, ahem, older folks get this one)
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    ask HW8, bet he knows some great ones for lifting.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

old school kid rock,
    NWA,
    wu tang clan,
    eminem or Dre when they get really f*cking angry,
    ACDC,
    basically anything that will get the blood pumping and the weights flying

i have continual ringing in my ears since i was 9, so even when i do not have music on, there is still the eternal song of the cosmos in my head.

i enjoy listening to flogging molly, dropkick murphy's, rancid, and bad religion - fast and smash music.

My play list consist of listening to breath, thoughts in my mind, noise of weights, and body. On the good days it consist of no sounds.

My Goal In Life Is To Be A Better Person Today Than I Was Yesterday. Martial Art Is One Of The Tools I Use To Achieve This.

The Equation For Good Kung Fu Is Based On Four Simple Principles Breathing, Relaxation, Continues Movement, Structure. Working Them Under Pressure Is What Good Kung Fu Training Is About.

You Have To Breath To Relax, You Have To Relax To Move, You Have To Move To Keep Structure

My Video Page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dcrjradmonish

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    i enjoy listening to flogging molly, dropkick murphy's
    some of my favs. to listen to as well.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

If you don't mind german lyrics, Rammstein is great metal to lift to.

check this one out for instance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrV2YpRZXRs

make sure you play it loud now...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    3rd on the Flogging Molly and Rancid, et al. I always have lots of ska of all derivations in the mix but most particularly skapunk/skacore
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

the celtic frost vanity /nemisis album is great for the gym

anything from testament as well

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Mr Punch,

This one is for your concentration. If you can focus through this in one workout, you might achieve a personal best in the workout that follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ0CCh2rg5s

mickey
    LOL, haven't actually seen that movie, but that funk is dope! Not quite the kind of workout I had in mind though!

Hi,

I love the propellerheads' version to "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" It is my exercise piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN8GcRGNWe4
    Love that track, and that album, and have some stuff that's better suited to my playlist for me than that on an EP. 'Problem' with that is, it's a bit bright and breezy for my lifting! A lot of Propheads are excellent but too bouncy for my workout vibe.

You would have to be a zombie not to get pumped to James Brown's "Superbad". If you are a bit jaded to this number, try this version. It is a slow funk that begs for a grind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-OkYUB3PhM
    Can't go wrong with James... but for a workout, that'd have to be a mid-rep, mid-weight vibe.

This one may be hard to get. It is "Killer Whale" by the Underground Resistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRWBIVHb9g

mickey
    That's so oldskool it's using a flint for chalk! Might work - will have to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    nice...about the only **** worth resurrecting here is fav music threads...i'll have to get back to with more but:

AC/CD: It's a long way
    Eminem: Lose Yourself & Till I Collapse ( i know, i'm NOT an Eminem fan, but both these songs get me pumped up a bit.
    Goldfinger: Superman (us, ahem, older folks get this one)
    ACDC can be good, but not that big a metaller... tho it did remind me to look out some Motorhead, who for some reason always got me going more than other metal, thanks! I tried that Eminem: 'nice' but no way I could train to it.

Jesus dood. You don't need fighting arts or pumping iron, you need a yoga retreat in the woods!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    old school kid rock,
    NWA,
    wu tang clan,
    eminem or Dre when they get really f*cking angry,
    ACDC,
    basically anything that will get the blood pumping and the weights flying
    Good call on the oldskool hiphop. Hate hiphop but... like Straight Outta Compton, Power, Mos Def and a few others... guess I quite like hiphop...! Think the industrial/hip-hop crossover stuff from the soundtracks I mentioned is way better though for max weights.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i have continual ringing in my ears since i was 9, so even when i do not have music on, there is still the eternal song of the cosmos in my head.

i enjoy listening to flogging molly, dropkick murphy's, rancid, and bad religion - fast and smash music.
    All good calls, but for drinking or punk-stomps in fields/village/gigging... I can't train to those.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    My play list consist of listening to breath, thoughts in my mind, noise of weights, and body. On the good days it consist of no sounds.
    The best. But in my gym they play the gayest of dance remixes and eurotrance oily aerobics ****... need something to drown that out, or I really get in a rage!

And I have to say, since I got into it with music, sometimes the beat does help you kick your own ass!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If you don't mind german lyrics, Rammstein is great metal to lift to.

check this one out for instance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrV2YpRZXRs

make sure you play it loud now...
    Ah, of course... they have one on Matrix, right? Hadn't thought of chasing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    the celtic frost vanity /nemisis album is great for the gym

anything from testament as well
    I'll give that a try, cheers.

Good suggestions so far... keep em coming!