Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting playlist suggestions

Hi Mr Punch,

You might want to take a look at some '70's disco like Donna Summer. Much of it has a clear beat that makes it like listening to a chromatic metronome.

How about the theme to Scarface it's beginning is more that enough to get someone into the zone. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgVRdNt3UkE&translated=1

mickey

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ACDC can be good, but not that big a metaller... tho it did remind me to look out some Motorhead, who for some reason always got me going more than other metal, thanks! I tried that Eminem: 'nice' but no way I could train to it.
    i like that AC/DC for the bagpipes and the increasing tempo through the song.

i frakking HATE 'm&m' ...just kinda think he's a punk who needs to get a real job and stop whining. but, those two songs work for me.

Ska does it for me the most...keep in mind that ska is largely upbeat tempo w/ depressing lyrics...the juxtaposition is part of why I like it so much.

but, i also listen to a lot of funk/hip hop and anything that mixes that with other genres works for me. i don't need the strict tempo/bpm of a song to drive me, most often a slower/bottom end groove makes me try to get more reps in between the beat...my mind focuses on the slower groove/funk beat while the body kicks some ass.

so, lots of Tribe, J5, De La Soul, Gorillaz. Funny, I've burned a couple of CD's for the CF gym and they have tended to flop...no one likes to train funky.

I used to listen to a lot more electronic: K&D, Chemical Bros., etc. but it all got a bit redundant. I def have to have an influx of new music on a regular basis, esp. stuff that crosses/mixes genres...gives me a look at the bigger picture.

so, to paraphrase Zimmern: 'If is sounds good, listen to it'.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Hey these guys from Norway are pretty dang cool too.

Black Debbath!!! rrrraaahhhh
    Kung Fu is good for you.

depends on my mood. It may be laid back rap, hard rap, or it may be rock / alternative. I'll give a sample of each:

laid back rap

the only way - blu
    still fly freestyle - drake
    free - freeway
    super high - rick ross
    sky is falling - cl smooth
    fa sho - da odd squad
    make it hot - the away team
    tainted - slum village
    smart went crazy - atmosphere
    whatever it takes - rashiid hadee
    worst comes to worst - dilated peoples
    unbelievable - biggie smalls

harder rap
    street life - scarface
    scarface - scarface
    city under seige - getto boys
    say hello - jay z
    justify my thug - jay z
    10 crack commandments - biggie smalls
    last of a dying breed - young jeezy
    dance with the devil - immortal technique
    B.A.N. - david banner
    kill em all - twista

I also have an old school playlist that has ll coolj, keith murray, big daddy kane, sweet t, sugar hill and others.

rock / alternative

boys of summer - the ataris
    cold - evans blue
    so cold - breaking benjamin
    busted - matchbox 20
    the promise and the threat - evans blue
    too many lies
    voices - rev theory
    broken dreams - downstait
    forgive me - versus the world
    them bones - alice in chains
    the rooster - alice in chains
    rain when I die - alice in chains
    cult of personality - living colour
    vasoline - stone temple pilots
    plush - stone temple pilots
    what if - creed
    original bedroom rockers - kruder and dorfmeister

and the list goes on....

I also have an 80s list, a j-pop list...it all depends on my mood.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    I used to listen to a lot more electronic: K&D, Chemical Bros., etc. but it all got a bit redundant.

I used to also. For one fight, I walked out to "tough guy" by crystal method.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Culture Club-'Do you really want to hurt me?' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXGPZaTKik

Morris Albert-'Feelings' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBcHUe4WeQ

And for that last superset:

Lionel Richie, MJ, and a cast of millions-'We are the world' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W4-0qUdHY
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

do you really wanna hurt me is actually an awesome song. I can't train to it, but I do have a lot of culture club songs in my non gym rotations.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Get rid of mental noise

I find this stuff to help me to stop thinking and keep pushing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io39iMB7M6U

became a fan of 30 seconds to mars today... they will be added to the playlist.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Ok

So discovered Marilyn Manson and Rob/White Zombie big time, and mostly just use them, but ...

Rammstein's Du Hast from The Matrix still does it,
    Supermoves from Overseer,
    Under Control from Freeland,
    some One Inch Punch,
    the Spawn, Matrix, Blade and Blade 2 soundtracks,
    Back Drop Bomb (Japanese alt metal, vaguely reminiscent of No Means No),
    specifically the Fixed EP from NIN, plus some from Downward Spiral,
    Power from Ice T,
    The Roots (marv - new discovery for me),
    Extreme Ways (various mixes of the song from the Bourne soundtrack), plus Lift Me Up, Raining Again, Beautiful, and strangely down tempo and soft, Where You End,
    oh, and masses of Ministry.

But basically, Manson, Zombie and Ministry.

Happy New Year, anyone who's still here!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Hi Mr Punch,

I got a more contemporary since you've been away.

I get serious energy rushes from this nowadays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXnSU7nzO6o

mickey

My current playlist at the gym
    Deez Nuts

Hatebreed

merauder

Terror

Alpha&Omega

2Mex

DJ Krush