Thread: james toney vs. Randy couture

The state that resembles a middle finger.

james toney vs. Randy couture

Other than the fact Couture will murder this guy, any thoughts???
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

My prediction is Couture gets Toney in the clinch, wears him down against the cage for a few minutes, takes him down, and finishes with ground and pound or rear naked choke, all in the first round. The only chance Toney has is if Randy is dumb enough to stand and box with him, which he isn't.

On a side note, if Dana White wants to push the MMA vs. Boxing angle, it would be more interesting to choose a boxer who isn't a washed up fossil, just saying.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

You are looking at the wrong side of the coin. the good boxers make WAY too much money to be concerned with fighting mma. the washed up fossils are the only ones who would do it. You think someone like pacquiao would bother with this? nah? too much to risk for too little money. you couldn't even get de la hoya or mosely to do it, I'm sure.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

found this interview with toney... what a dumb mofo....This guy actually believes he has a chance.... lol

He might have a strikers chance but I don't believe couture will even give him that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Spg...layer_embedded
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

lolzz some of the comments are epic.... first one

"english Motherfu<ker, do you speak it?"

It's a side show, a name boxer who because he is beyond his real days they can afford. Then when inevitable happens, they go "see, MMA beat a big name boxer". And if Toney KO's Randy (yes, it could happen), they immediately have another big PPV card, either a rematch or Tony vs someone else... it's the same reason you saw Kimbo in there, the same reason originally they signed Brock Lesner... NAME RECOGNITION
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    My prediction is Couture gets Toney in the clinch, wears him down against the cage for a few minutes, takes him down, and finishes with ground and pound or rear naked choke, all in the first round. The only chance Toney has is if Randy is dumb enough to stand and box with him, which he isn't.

On a side note, if Dana White wants to push the MMA vs. Boxing angle, it would be more interesting to choose a boxer who isn't a washed up fossil, just saying.
    Last time I checked, Randy was five years older than Toney.

Last time I checked, Randy five years older than Toney.
    yeah but the last time i check randy is a genetic freak to be fighting at his age in the first place.

Randy's gonna kill this guy just like Roy Jones did, only this time it'll be a lot uglier.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

both of these men are good "fighters" but I want Randy to win because he has a much better attitude and more "Wu De". He has the character more adkin to a true martial artist. James Toney needs his lights turned out, because im tired of him running his mouth. He is just trying to make money and sell a fight. He is like a leech who sucks blood, he doesnt care about martial arts at all. We need more guys like Randy, Lyoto, and Cung Le who have more sportsmanship and a warrior attitude. I hope Toney gets evaporated.
    When you have no assumption, knowledge is at your mercy. When you have imagination, possibility is at your finger tips. When you release labels and societies, there are only people living in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    You are looking at the wrong side of the coin. the good boxers make WAY too much money to be concerned with fighting mma. the washed up fossils are the only ones who would do it. You think someone like pacquiao would bother with this? nah? too much to risk for too little money. you couldn't even get de la hoya or mosely to do it, I'm sure.
    It may be the case with Tomey but I thought I remember Floyd Mayweather making some grumblings about doing MMA...again I don't think the money would be enough.

In any case, Couture should absolutely dominate if can avoid the right hook and get to the clinch.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by randyds5 View Post
    both of these men are good "fighters" but I want Randy to win because he has a much better attitude and more "Wu De". He has the character more adkin to a true martial artist. James Toney needs his lights turned out, because im tired of him running his mouth. He is just trying to make money and sell a fight. He is like a leech who sucks blood, he doesnt care about martial arts at all. We need more guys like Randy, Lyoto, and Cung Le who have more sportsmanship and a warrior attitude. I hope Toney gets evaporated.
    I couldn't agree with you more!

I hope Randy whips his @$$!!