Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Climategate" scientists cleared

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The world has been warming since the end of the ice age. Do they care that glaciers are SUPPOSED to recede at the end of an Ice age?
    Man, there is a clip I need to find and post up here.

Back when Rush had his TV show he showed clips of different guys in the 1990s telling us global warming was going to destroy the planet. Then he showed clips of those SAME GUYS in the 1970s telling people that a new Ice Age was coming and was going to destroy the planet.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

All this talk about fossil fuels and not one mention of things like nitrogen/sulfur oxides/acid rain or particulate compounds being linked to inheritable gene mutations (amongst a slew of other health issues). I guess those topics aren't as dramatic as global warming though, so it makes it easy for people to cover or forget the verifiable issues with things that make nice, big, scary debate topics instead addressing known issues.

As for global warming, why is it so hard for people to see that its both? Yes on a global scale the earth is its own greatest emitter of CO2. However, its also had about three billion years to come to terms with itself. It hasn't had enough time to deal with us.

And who is shocked by this? considering the amount of money that has been spent and remains to line the pockets of these liars it is not going away. I await the next dramatic climate change threat that must be addressed with clamping down on your freedoms and confiscation of your money. I hope Al Gore is exposed for the creep and liar that he is if he had the stones he's pack his bags and go quietly into the historical ash heap, but i doubt we'll be that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So why haven't criminal charges been brought against them? What fines have been levied against them for breaking the laws?
    Keep up with the news.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...oil_spill.html

http://www.hstoday.us/content/view/13839/194/

"It’s almost a foregone conclusion, legal experts agree, that the federal investigation of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill will produce criminal charges. After all, mere negligence leading to serious oil pollution constitutes a misdemeanor under the Clean Water Act.
    Prosecutors “are very likely to bring criminal charges against BP and other companies involved,” says David M. Uhlmann, a former chief of the Justice Department’s environmental crimes section who now teaches at the University of Michigan Law School, Bloomberg Businessweek reports in its July 5 issue.

“Whether BP or any individuals will face felony charges --or even prison time -- is a more complicated question. One hint of what a broader indictment might look like comes from an unlikely source: private civil-racketeering lawsuits that have been brought on behalf of property and business owners in Alabama, Louisiana, and Florida."

Did you guess with that assertion and hope no charges were forthcoming?

Unlike a certain past president, our current one operates using investigations and proper protocol instead.

Thanks... I needed 20 more minutes...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

reminds me of that dave chappelle skit where they have a white high level corporate ceo and a crack dealer trade places in the legal system for a day.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

So why haven't criminal charges been brought against them? What fines have been levied against them for breaking the laws?
    Because Republican Senators blocked a bill to give subpoena power to the national commission on the BP oil spill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORbqq_FHoM
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Did you guess with that assertion and hope no charges were forthcoming?
    Are you seriously saying I'm wrong because there MIGHT be charges filed?

I simply asked why no charges have been filed or fines levied. And none have.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Because Republican Senators blocked a bill to give subpoena power to the national commission on the BP oil spill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORbqq_FHoM
    Oh yeah, it's all the Republican's fault. Again.

Oh yeah, it's all the Republican's fault. Again.
    Like you say, the video doesn't lie.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Like you say, the video doesn't lie.
    Nor does the one I've posted that showed the Republicans in 2004 trying to get Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to open their books and them being thwarted by Democrats (including Frank and Dodd) playing the race card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

But you guys have totally discounted that and still continue to blame Bush for the economic mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Unlike a certain past president, our current one operates using investigations and proper protocol instead.
    But our current President using the very lawyer who defended 'American Taliban' John Walker Lindh to sue Arizona is ok with you?

If I was risking my life in war and my C-in-C put in his Administration the very man who CHOSE to defend a man who was aiding and abetting our enemy and trying to kill American servicemen, I'd be furious.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...migration-law/

Nor does the one I've posted that showed the Republicans in 2004 trying to get Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to open their books and them being thwarted by Democrats (including Frank and Dodd) playing the race card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

But you guys have totally discounted that and still continue to blame Bush for the economic mess.
    I thought you didn't resort to these tactics. LMAO!

I thought you didn't resort to these tactics. LMAO!
    What 'tactics' are you talking about? I post sources all the time.

What 'tactics' are you talking about? I post sources all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Instead of just saying she was wrong, you used the "but others do it too" argument. I stopped using that by the time I was a teenager.
    *Points and laughs*

*Points and laughs*
    Can you even read?

I never said, "but they did it too". These are two totally different issues. One is about the real estate crash and the other about the oil spill. Nor did I give one side a pass.

The only thing I did that others do is post sources. You posted a video, and so did I. Actually I posted mine first (months ago), so you are the one "doing it too".

MK, here is a quick question; why is some "national commission" trying to subpoena people instead of just having the Justice Dept do it?