Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tax increases coming on Jan 1st

Tax increases coming on Jan 1st

Here is Obama saying "you dont raise taxes in a recession":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrozt_vuJdE

On Jan 1st capital gains taxes go up and the Bush tax cuts (which include the middle class) are set to expire.

Will Obama be breaking another campaign promise, or will he keep his word?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Of course he'll break his word. Income taxes are going up capitol gains are going up every tax you can imagine is going up. Thank you Hope and Changers what a pack of mindless sheep.

someone has to pay for all the socialized programs he implemented. I doubt he is going to shell it out of his own pocket. He already has a slow drip tap on capitalism...
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Of course he'll break his word. Income taxes are going up capitol gains are going up every tax you can imagine is going up. Thank you Hope and Changers what a pack of mindless sheep.
    And thanks to the facist warmongering patriots for supporting two wars at once and making Obama an attractive candidate by comparison.

Thank you for nominating a half-dead "war hero" and a half-term Western governor with no grasp of policy issues... you gave us no choice whatsoever if we wanted to repudiate the Warfare Society you've been foisting on us since 2001.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    And thanks to the facist warmongering patriots for supporting two wars at once and making Obama an attractive candidate by comparison.

Thank you for nominating a half-dead "war hero" and a half-term Western governor with no grasp of policy issues... you gave us no choice whatsoever if we wanted to repudiate the Warfare Society you've been foisting on us since 2001.
    Just stop blaming Bush. The guys has been out of office for almost two years now. Quick question for you; When does it become Obama's economy and not Bush's? Just give us a month and year please.

It's his entitlemment spending that's the problem, not the wars. I believe the national debt has tripled since Obama took office. That has ZERO to do with Bush.

I'd rather have a half dead war hero in office than a brain dead community agitator.

And please, show some respect to those who served and suffered for this country.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Fyi, the lowest income tax bracket (of those who actually pay taxes) is 10%. On January 1st, the lowest bracket becomes 15%. So Obama will be raising income taxes by 50% on the poorest American taxpayers.

Unless he actually keeps his word.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Just stop blaming Bush. The guys has been out of office for almost two years now. Quick question for you; When does it become Obama's economy and not Bush's? Just give us a month and year please.

It's his entitlemment spending that's the problem, not the wars. I believe the national debt has tripled since Obama took office. That has ZERO to do with Bush.
    I was giving Solo his vitriol ("mindless sheep") right back. If you don't like the "Tat" then don't encourage the "Tit" eh?

I'd rather have a half dead war hero in office than a brain dead community agitator.
    That "brain dead community agitator" was head of Harvard Law Review and is and was a lecturer at one of the country's best law schools. Not exactly the description of "brain dead" I'd say. You may loathe his politics but Barry is very smart. Just because someone doesn't agree with your politics doesn't make them intellectually impaired.
    By comparison "half-dead" is a statement rooted in facts. McCain is very old and has a multitude of health problems. This in itself isn't a deal-breaker.. but putting Palin a few heartbeats away from the button? Absolutely unacceptable.

And please, show some respect to those who served and suffered for this country.
    Please grab your own ballz and come to a screeching halt. McCain "served" alright, he "served "himself" for decades. Came back from the POW camp and dropped his disabled loyal wife for a hot billion-heiress. "Honor above all".. ha!
    When an "officer and a gentleman" behaves like a "man of iron".. I will forgive a certain amount of stridency.. but this is a guy who was part of the Keating Five.

I "served".. and I will be double g*d-d*amned if I don't speak my mind about the military.
    The typical situation is like this..
    If you didn't serve.. then people tell you to shut up because "you didn't serve.. you don't have the right!".
    If you did serve then people still tell you to shut up because "you have to show respect".

Guess what 1Bad65... I have broken the faces of people who told me to shut up and tried to physically push me around on this issue. I have fond memories of a sobbing Navy Chief who got a rude awakening when he tried to slap a "d*mn hippie" who told him he was a parasite and a hired thug.

If you did the time.. then you did the crimes.. and I will speak the truth about it.
    And if *anyone* wants to escalate beyond the constitutional rights of free speech (that I will defend with my life) then I'm PERFECTLY happy to dance.

No brag, just fact. There is a box of burned uniforms that give me all the right I need.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

I thank you for serving, but talking like that about a POW is disgusting. The fact you are trying to justify it is ridiculous.

And why are you digging up dirt on McCain's personal life instead of debating on the issues?

You did not answer my question on when Bush's economy becomes Obama's economy. Please do that. Thanks.

That "brain dead community agitator" was head of Harvard Law Review and is and was a lecturer at one of the country's best law schools. Not exactly the description of "brain dead" I'd say.
    In terms of the private sector, he is brain dead. He may have a great law resume, but he has ZERO private sector experience. But then again, only 8% of his Cabinet do.

In terms of the private sector, he is brain dead. He may have a great law resume, but he has ZERO private sector experience. But then again, only 8% of his Cabinet do.
    News flash.. he is NOT working in the private sector. He is a public official and politician.

And in case you hadn't remembered.. the last "private sector" guy who got elected (cough cough Bush) didn't work out too well now did he?
    -Bi Tianzou -

I thank you for serving, but talking like that about a POW is disgusting. The fact you are trying to justify it is ridiculous.

And why are you digging up dirt on McCain's personal life instead of debating on the issues?
    Just because someone got shot down and captured doesn't give them a free pass for all the mistakes they make AFTER that point. He was a candidate for PRESIDENT. Everything in his personal record is fair game.
    Anyway I'm not digging up dirt.. Carol McCaine is common knowledge. Everyone who did their "due diligence" before they voted should have known all about it.

Finally I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm explaining to you. My "justification" is the same "justification" the military uses to kill thousands of innocents every year because they happened to be scratching out a living in a place we decided to come down on hard.
    I.e. "you can't stop me".

You did not answer my question on when Bush's economy becomes Obama's economy. Please do that. Thanks.
    It doesn't. Ever. Bush's mistakes are his mistakes. Obama's mistakes (and he will surely make them) will not be felt and be able to be evaluated for years.
    The cable news cycle doesn't rule the world dude.. the economy is like an glacier. It's massive and moves slow. Probably around 2015 or so we will be able to look back and say "hmm.. that was a BAD idea". Just like people only recently started coming to the conclusion "wait a second.. Bush raped the country he swore to defend and protect!".. only... 7 years after he did it.
    -Bi Tianzou -

Not to jump into the middle of your guys' debate but isnt TOO MUCH private sector experience (y'know, the revolving door effect between govt/business) one of the biggest problems we have right now? I mean, they got a whole street up there at the capitol dedicated to these guys. I dont think ANYONE would be sitting in the oval office who wasnt very friendly to at least certain sectors of the business world.

News flash.. he is NOT working in the private sector. He is a public official and politician.
    You moron, he's in charge of FIXING the private sector.

Face it, experience matters. And don't discount experience just because your guy doesn't have any.

And in case you hadn't remembered.. the last "private sector" guy who got elected (cough cough Bush) didn't work out too well now did he?
    He never had a month of unemployment over 8%. Obama has had over 10 of those, so far.

It doesn't.
    Ok, so you're an Obama zombie.

Apparently trying to be rational with you is a waste of time.

Obama's mistakes (and he will surely make them) will not be felt and be able to be evaluated for years.
    But we knew before Bush even left office it was all his fault. Hypocrite.

the economy is like an glacier. It's massive and moves slow.
    But not when Bush was running it, according to you. But it does move slow when Obama is running it. LMAO at your blatant hypocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Lung View Post
    Not to jump into the middle of your guys' debate but isnt TOO MUCH private sector experience (y'know, the revolving door effect between govt/business) one of the biggest problems we have right now? I mean, they got a whole street up there at the capitol dedicated to these guys. I dont think ANYONE would be sitting in the oval office who wasnt very friendly to at least certain sectors of the business world.
    While too much MAY be bad, only an idiot or a partisan hack would say zero experience is good.