Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tax increases coming on Jan 1st

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Ok, so you're an Obama zombie.

Apparently trying to be rational with you is a waste of time.

But we knew before Bush even left office it was all his fault. Hypocrite.

LMAO at your blatant hypocracy.
    I already tried the "high intellectual conversation" with you in the other thread.

Apparently investigating the deeper story and putting some real skull sweat into it is more work than you care to do.

Easier for you to post sound bites and reflexive party-line diatribes eh?
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

No, I'm just into personal responsibility.

Obama is President now, it's his economy. You can't even say that, and it's obvious to anyone you're being hypocritical.

LMAO at you 'It's never Obama's economy'. WTF does that even mean?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I'll give you another chance, maybe I phrased the question in a bad way.

When does the economy become Obama's economy?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I'll give you another chance, maybe I phrased the question in a bad way.

When does the economy become Obama's economy?

Apparently you haven't been listening dude. The economy is the product of the business cycle and Keynesian economic theory applied to society.
    It's a problem that everyone in the Oval Office since.. oh Herbert Hoover .. has been aiding and abetting. Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama ALL have been working this angle and they are all part and parcel of the problem.

The boom and the bust are the nature of the business cycle when you have a fiat currency and central banking. The "boom" economy of the Clinton and the early Bush years was a product of the business cycle, and now it's time to "pay the piper". Obama is going to do what he can to minimize the "bust" and it's probably going to be utterly ineffective at what he wants.

I didn't vote for Obama because of his economics (he's as bad as Bush in those terms).. I voted for him because he seemed less like a fascist warmonger and hopefully won't START two wars during his term(s) in office.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

I agree with Dim. This is exactly the same thing I was taught in college. It's a huge misunderstanding by generally ignorant people. Anyone who expects an economic change to happen within 2, or even 5 years hasn't even the most basic understanding of economics. And even more importantly, the President himself has not nearly as much control over this as you might think.

Biggest economy killers? War. And, believe it or not, out of control economic booms.

Oh, and spare me the doom and gloom. We've heard a lot a "Chicken Little" stuff from the right that never materialized. Remember when everyone was scared into buying bullets because some moron said Obama was going to ban them? The death panel scare? The scare where Obama was going to take away private health care? Maybe the lie that we aren't pulling out of Iraq? Or that Obama is infringing on States' rights regarding immigration, though that is CLEARLY a federal area of responsibility (hell, it's even in the Constitution)?

Did we also forget how Bobby Jindal said the federal government wasn't helping with oil spill, when in fact they readily authorized a slew of NG troops to be activated? Yeah, Jindal failed to use them for anything except media control. How about Jan Brewer's boldfaced lie that immigrants are drug mules? Too bad the Border Patrol had to publicly correct her.

Doom and gloom? Similar to McCain's assertion that we'd be in Afghanistan for a century? Maybe the fact that we had NO MISSION in Iraq OR Afghanistan except to shoot and get shot at? No wonder Dim hates the military so much. People literally died in Iraq for no reason except that we had to be there, and we had to control a mess we made, with no goals or expectations.

Would the doom and gloom be similar to the years of unchecked growth, because the right was afraid to dare lay a finger on businesses being corrupt and essentially self-destructing themselves for a quick profit? Because we wouldn't dare touch a free market, because it is the right of the business to destroy the economy through reckless and irresponsible behavior?

And all hear is the POSSIBILITY of a tax increase from the guy who questioned the BP pending lawsuits, because, despite legal experts saying it was a foregone conclusion, it hasn't happened yet?

WTF?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Just stop blaming Bush. The guys has been out of office for almost two years now.
    You might find this enlightening.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...-29-2010/blame
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I agree with Dim. This is exactly the same thing I was taught in college. It's a huge misunderstanding by generally ignorant people. Anyone who expects an economic change to happen within 2, or even 5 years hasn't even the most basic understanding of economics. And even more importantly, the President himself has not nearly as much control over this as you might think.

Biggest economy killers? War. And, believe it or not, out of control economic booms.
    There is a very funny (and largely true) analysis of Austrian vs. Keynesian economics done as hip-hop by two white guys...
    HILARIOUS. And very enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk
    -Bi Tianzou -

Now we are all on the brink of a recession and my tax accountant is warning us of the consequences that will befall us if a recession does occur. We need to be prepared to take this economic hit less painfully, so we are taking a number of measures to avoid severe consequences for my firm. I think everyone needs to prepare now, not to sell all their shares and businesses, because we don't know what exactly will be waiting for us in the future.
    Last edited by heavens000; 08-19-2022 at 05:45 AM.