Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new jow recipe book

I have over 300 formulas that I have been given to me from old school herbalists. I am not worried about not having different formulas that people might want to experience.

I can also treat certain herbs and make my formulas work better than those who do not. Many people do not believe in Pao Zhi Fa, but that is where I make formulas that are different from most.

I cook my medicines that I sell as premade and they are different than those that are cold soaked.

I can tweak any and all formulas with my training as well as the education I am getting from Acupuncture school.

I have no issues with the book. I look forward to being able to offer the formulas included at better prices than any of the other suppliers listed in it, and yes, I am one of the included Chinese herbal suppliers. hint hint, I will beat everyone elses prices....

I am actually thinking of working with Rod and creating a version of the book with all the Han Zi needed for you to take the formulas to a Chinese herbalist.

I have tweaked many formulas with my knowledge and made them my own.

Herbalism is an art, and if you know certain concepts you can create stronger formulas if you understand the concepts involved and create customized formulas.

I can and will work with anyone who wants to customize a formula for training.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 07-14-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post

Let me know how I can be of service to anyone here on the forum.
    Although do to work, time constraints, and other issues... I never got to meet Dale while I lived in Boston or the several times I've been back... I can attest that he is everything he says he is! I've talked to Dale on the phone and through email and he was always willing and ready to meet or help. Never had a problem reaching the guy it was just my slave to my job mentality that kept me from meeting up with him every time we made plans.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Thank you for the kind words brother.

You are always welcome to come visit when you are in town.

again,wolf and i could have put the formulas in the book in the chinese characters,as we have 99% of the formulas in chinese characters and my herbalist would write any of them for me. we made most available just exactly the way we received them,no changes. also with them in pin yin, YOU, can learn the formulas,which is important. dont just go buy a formula not knowing anything about it. learn the formula you use. learn the herbs,their names and how to identify them and what their actions are in the formula. become educated on the herrbal formulas you use so you can pass it on as it is a dieing art.

Thanks PlumDragon and Dale for your replies.

I think this is a new age and a welcome one at that. From my exprience in the Chinese Martial Arts stemming from the early 80s, the secrecy thing really burned my azz and caused me to all but give up Chinese Martial Arts, moving into the Qigong area, and as such have developed a very cynical attitude towards the entire Traditional Chinese Martial art world. So I think it's great that you guys have stuck to it and have emerged unscathed with good, positive attitudes. I wish all would do as such.

On a separate note, Dale I admire you for keeping with the TCM Studies but having done the math, I have absolutely no idea how you are going to recover the enormous cost you must have incurred to complete your education. This is another thing that burns my rear, the massive cost of studying Chinese Medicine in the states which is why I've often suggested to others to go to China to study. If I were younger I would love to complete such an education (were the cost reasonable).

Best,

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for the kind words.

This is something I need to do, as the yang side of myself is trained well, now it is time to train the yin side and help others who need it.

We all have debt, and I gladly accept it.

I could not do anything else. I get to teach Kung Fu as well as heal those who need help.

Nothing wrong with trying to be balanced in a unbalanced world.

Greetings all:
    Just wanted to set straight one of the things mentioned here, the Books are not "Being Re-done" by anyone. They are presented exactly the way Rod and myself envisioned them.
    I can however, understand some People wanting to be a part of History in the Making
    Regards,
    -Wolfgang

Yeah, it's seems in life some people just meet the right people they need to in order to fullfill their dreams and other people search and search as they may and just meet charlatans, or meet real people who just never end up teaching them the real stuff. I think people lik Dale, Garry Hearfield, the guys at Pak Met dot net, etc. have all just been so fortunate in life in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by woliveri View Post
    Thanks PlumDragon and Dale for your replies.

I think this is a new age and a welcome one at that. From my exprience in the Chinese Martial Arts stemming from the early 80s, the secrecy thing really burned my azz and caused me to all but give up Chinese Martial Arts, moving into the Qigong area, and as such have developed a very cynical attitude towards the entire Traditional Chinese Martial art world. So I think it's great that you guys have stuck to it and have emerged unscathed with good, positive attitudes. I wish all would do as such.

On a separate note, Dale I admire you for keeping with the TCM Studies but having done the math, I have absolutely no idea how you are going to recover the enormous cost you must have incurred to complete your education. This is another thing that burns my rear, the massive cost of studying Chinese Medicine in the states which is why I've often suggested to others to go to China to study. If I were younger I would love to complete such an education (were the cost reasonable).

Best,

Bill
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

i would like to thank "socal78"for his purchase of the book. he will hopefully be reveiwing it on the forum after he receives it and looks it over. thanx again.

A Good Book everyone should have

Good Book!!! It has allot of formulas in it. Its about time someone has done it !!!!! Their are no secrets now !!!!! Everyone in martial arts Who studies Iron Palm,should have a copy of this book . It has allot of good Information ....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanshen Man View Post
    Good Book!!! It has allot of formulas in it. Its about time someone has done it !!!!! Their are no secrets now !!!!! Everyone in martial arts Who studies Iron Palm,should have a copy of this book . It has allot of good Information ....
    good point.
    on a side note, I've always wondered why no one includes the chi-gung required to learn iron palm....
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    on a side note, I've always wondered why no one includes the chi-gung required to learn iron palm...
    I know many disagree with me but my feeling is that the qigong is the easiest part to hold over students' heads or for people to claim others dont have "the real thing" because they dont do the right qigong routine...but its not rocket science, or even anything close.

Coincidentally, while it may be helpful in the healing process, etc IMO its also the least necessary piece of the puzzle in forging the hand and producing a great deal of power.
    Last edited by PlumDragon; 07-29-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumDragon View Post
    I know many disagree with me but my feeling is that the qigong is the easiest part to hold over students' heads or for people to claim others dont have "the real thing" because they dont do the right qigong routine...but its not rocket science, or even anything close.
    Well, I've seen all sides of this for a long time and I've come to the conclusion that some people just can't grasp the concepts of qigong and therefore are led around because of it. 悟性【wùxìng】 power of understanding, is very important.

Coincidentally, while it may be helpful in the healing process, etc IMO its also the least necessary piece of the puzzle in forging the hand and producing a great deal of power.
    Depends on the exercise, IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    I am actually thinking of working with Rod and creating a version of the book with all the Han Zi needed for you to take the formulas to a Chinese herbalist.
    I think that'll be another one we'll all have to buy, so be sure and post that one here too once it's available.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    I think that'll be another one we'll all have to buy, so be sure and post that one here too once it's available.

It Won't be. The Book is not Being "Redone". The book does contain some HanZi, , as we decided not to put them all up that way, but we could have if we wanted too.We could of offered all the Formulas that way, and without Dales help. Dale's only Involvement with these books, is that we have listed Him as a Herb Source, Personally, as I have had no Herbal dealings with Dale, I tell everyone that asks me, to go to Sea Of Chi, Master Thomas Joiner, Or Josh from PlumDragon,
    but Any of the Listed Sources can Properly fill any of the Formulas we have included in these Books.
    HTH!
    -Wolfgang