Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Talk to Police..

Surrender and get shot

Looks like the murderer of Oscar Grant gets off with "involuntary manslaughter"..

For those who missed the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR_B38Vh6QE

Oscar Grant, unarmed and lying face down on the deck of a Oakland transit station, was shot by Johannes Mehersle.

The pig claimed he was trying to pull his taser and made a mistake.

And people wonder why I say "Avoid the pigs whenever possible!".

You never know when you could wind up trying to follow instructions, get killed, and the murdering scum gets off with a slap on the wrist, courtesy of the reflexive "respect" demanded by the "thin blue line".

Doubtless if it hadn't been caught on video the swine in question would have claimed Grant was "resisting arrest".

Remember... avoid them, shut your mouth, and lawyer up.. know the enemy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Do you condone those rioters who looted a jewelry store and a Foot Locker because of the verdict?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Looks like the murderer of Oscar Grant gets off with "involuntary manslaughter"..
    Looks like the murderer of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown got off with nothing.

The officer faced a jury of his peers as called for in the Constitution, and they rendered their verdict based on the evidence.

Doubtless if it hadn't been caught on video the swine in question would have claimed Grant was "resisting arrest".
    Actually, he did claim Oscar Grant was resisting arrest.

I'm no apologist for the police, but I'm not stupid enough to resist arrest. And I've been arrested a few times in my life. I guess I was lucky to survive.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Do you condone those rioters who looted a jewelry store and a Foot Locker because of the verdict?
    Nope. Those merchants are as much the victims and prey of the pigs as the rest of the residents of Oakland.

What I would like to see is a more careful and severe response by the random quiet members of the populace against anyone wearing the "colors" of the gang Johannes Mehersle belongs to.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

This is our 'hood

A few of our employees live in Oakland. I have many friends there. No one condones the violence, especially the Grant family. It's a misplaced expression of rage.

After dark, mobs form, smash windows, loot
    Matthai Kuruvila, Kevin ***an, Carolyn Jones,Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writers
    July 8, 2010 11:33 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010
    Lacy Atkins / The Chronicle

Oakland police arrest people as they riot through the streets of Oakland on Thursday July 8, 2010.

(07-08) 23:33 PDT OAKLAND -- There was outrage, there was looting and there were skirmishes between police and protesters, but that wasn't the whole story of how Oakland reacted to the Johannes Mehserle verdict.

The trouble Thursday boiled down to a racially diverse mob of about 200 people, many bent on destruction no matter what, confronting police after the day's predominantly peaceful demonstrations ended.

Sporadic conflicts were quelled quickly early in the evening, but by late night at least 50 people - and maybe as many as 100 - had been arrested as small groups smashed windows, looted businesses and set trash bins on fire.

The violence was contained for much of the early evening within a one-block area near City Hall by an army of police officers in riot gear, but around 10 p.m. a knot of rioters broke loose and headed north on Broadway toward 22nd Street with police in pursuit.

They smashed windows of shops including the trendy Ozumo restaurant, and one building was spray painted with the words, "Say no to work. Say yes to looting."

A boutique called Spoiled was spared. It had a sign outside and pictures of Oscar Grant with the words, "Do not destroy. Black owned. Black owned."

JJ Fryzel, an Oakland artist who just moved into a gallery called Show And Tell Art on Thursday, said a group of looters threw rocks through her window.

"They were throwing rocks at me," Fryzel said. "I was standing right there. I said, 'Oh s-, spare me.' ... They have no idea what they are doing. No clue."

Outside, the windshield of Fryzel's Mazda four-door sedan was shattered and the side view mirrors were knocked off.

Outsiders

Officials said the main instigators appeared to be organized "anarchist" agitators wearing black clothing and hoods. Many of the most aggressive demonstrators smashing the windows of banks and shops were white.

Community leaders had called for nonviolence, and during the day most of the rage from those who thought Mehserle should have been convicted of a more serious charge was confined to loudspeakers and animated conversations on the asphalt. But, as many community leaders had predicted for weeks, a determined knot of renegades faced off with the police who surrounded the protesters. They taunted the officers and threw bottles and rocks.

Around 8:30 p.m., officers corralled hundreds of people on Broadway between 13th and 14th streets. Tensions ratcheted up, and finally the police declared an unlawful assembly, put on gas masks and pulled out their clubs. Through loudspeakers, officers ordered the crowd to move north up Broadway or they would be subject to arrest or force.

That's when things got ugly.

Looting

One group tore through the metal gate protecting a Footlocker shoe store on Broadway near 14th Street, shattered a window and emptied the shelves. Soon there were shoe boxes on the street.

Afterward, the group moved across the street and smashed a window at the Far East National Bank building and rampaged inside. Graffiti was sprayed on the bank wall reading "Riot for Oscar." Up and down Broadway within the police lines, skirmishes broke out between officers and small groups of protesters, some wearing black face paint.

Rioters ran down the street with officers in pursuit, and some were tackled as other protesters tossed debris at the police. The BART stations at 12th and 19th streets were closed down at times to avoid problems, and at one point officers used smoke bombs to disperse crowds.

Oakland Police Chief Anthony Batts said the people causing trouble did not seem to be Oakland residents bent on voicing displeasure at the Mehserle verdict. He described them as outsiders "who are almost professional people who go into crowds like this and cause problems."

"We don't do exactly what they want us to do, and that is to overreact."

The trouble dribbled to a close around 10:45 p.m., after officers finally chased away or arrested the last of the hard-core group of about 100 looters.
    Calmer earlier

Earlier in the afternoon, when the demonstrations were more organized, the mood was also angry - but by and large nonviolent.

Tony Coleman, a community organizer with New Years Movement 4 Justice for Oscar Grant - the black man shot Jan. 1, 2009, by then-BART police Officer Mehserle, who is white - was one of the first speakers at the podium as hundreds gathered at 14th Street and Broadway.

"I'm angry as hell, but he was found guilty of something," he said into a microphone. Then, referring to calls for federal civil rights officials to look further into the Mehserle matter, he added: "It ain't over yet."

The confrontations during daylight were quick: At about 5:30 p.m., protesters surrounded police officers at 13th and Broadway and at 12th and Broadway, pelting officers with rocks and bottles and pulling down police barricades. Police quelled the disturbances quickly.

Nearby, in front of City Hall, a separate group of ministers and community leaders set up their own event with loudspeakers, and throughout the afternoon there were calls for further justice - but just as many calls for peaceful reaction.

Public gatherings also took place at five community centers throughout Oakland designated as "speakout centers" where people could vent their feelings. The mood was often hostile.

About 100 people at Youth UpRising, one of the speakout centers, watched Grant's uncle Cephus "Bobby" Johnson on television from Los Angeles saying that he felt the family had "been slapped in the face by this system that has denied us true justice."

To some, the words appeared to invite outrage, perhaps violence.

"****," said Youth UpRising Director Olis Simmons, "He just opened the door. Kicked it open. I don't think he meant to, but he did it."

Back downtown, another relative of Grant's - his grandfather - appealed for calm as people were still learning of the verdict.

"Please, let's keep peace," grandfather Oscar Grant, 65, said on a loudspeaker at the intersection of 14th Street and Broadway. "I know what went on down there was wrong. Please don't tear up the Bay Area.

"Don't dishonor my grandson's death by tearing up Oakland. I know the verdict was wrong."

Exodus

Early in the afternoon, when word spilled out around 2:30 p.m. that a verdict would be read at 4 p.m., Oakland experienced an exodus just a few ticks short of panic.

Downtown streets suddenly were flooded with people rushing out of their workplaces to go home. BART trains streaming in and out of downtown were jammed, and nearby Interstates 880 and 980 filled.

At the downtown Federal Building, loudspeakers made announcements telling workers to go home. At many of the big businesses throughout the area, internal e-mails and other notices went out advising the same.

Community groups, police and city leaders had been laying plans for months to keep reaction protests peaceful. But many were still leery, considering the riots that broke out in Oakland in January 2009 in reaction to Grant's killing by Mehserle. Several businesses downtown were boarded up in anticipation of trouble.

By 2:30 p.m., police had blocked off 11th and Clay streets and other intersections with cars and barricades. Argus, the Oakland police helicopter that had been grounded because of budget cuts unless there was an emergency, buzzed in the air.

When verdict was read

A dozen people sat on barstools in stunned silence watching television at the Pacific Coast Brewery in downtown Oakland when the verdict was read. One man booed.

"Oh, that's bad," said Ivan Davis, 43, of Oakland, who is African American. "That's bad."

As much as many wanted a conviction on a more serious charge, downtown protester Scott Larockwell, 32, said he took heart that Mehserle was at least convicted of something.

"It's a clear-cut case of murder," said Larockwell who joined the growing group at 14th Street and Broadway in downtown Oakland. "He's (Mehserle) a police officer. He should know better. Justice should be served, but it's a baby step and a precedent.

"Cops never get convicted," he said. "At least there's some type of conviction."

Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums held a press conference to call for nonviolent demonstrations.

He said that, like the Grant family, he disagreed with the verdict, but emphasized that the federal government can now be turned to for further prosecution.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger conferred with Dellums after the verdict and promised state aid if things got out of hand. "I encourage Californians to remain calm in light of the verdict and not to resort to violence," he said in a statement.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Nope. Those merchants are as much the victims and prey of the pigs as the rest of the residents of Oakland.
    Then why did you not mention that?

What I would like to see is a more careful and severe response by the random quiet members of the populace against anyone wearing the "colors" of the gang Johannes Mehersle belongs to.
    And I think that police should shoot looters on the spot.

Dude, the guy was judged by a jury of his peers. We are a country of law and order, not looting.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It's a misplaced expression of rage.
    And it only happens in certain circumstances. When the Rodney King verdict resulted in an acquittal, there were riots. After this verdict, there were riots. After the OJ verdict, there were no riots.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post

And I think that police should shoot looters on the spot.
    with water, bean bags, and pellets.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    with water, bean bags, and pellets.
    Nope, with live rounds.

Don't Talk to Police..

This is what can happen.
    This Annapolis man took his wife, Leah Housley, to the Arundel Medical Center for a mental health problem. She left the ER without being discharged and an ER nurse/employeer called police to recommend a "safety check".

The police arrived at the house and wanted to see her, Michael A. Housley declined and bid them depart. They had no warrant. They had nothing but a phoned in request from an ER employee. One of the pigs grabbed Mr. Housley when he declined, attempting to detain him.
    Mr. Housley went back into his dwelling, locked the door, and called 911. The cops then went through the door, tased him, and shot him with a gun (not the taser) in the neck. That scar on his neck is the result of multiple surgeries and he will need more.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/new...lice.html?ne=1

The moral of the story.. if there is a knock on the door and it's the popo.. don't answer it. If they have a warrant they can come through the door without your cooperation. If you open the door and don't submit to their every whim they basically have a green light to torture and/or kill you.

Your chances of seeing any uniform convicted of anything for abusing you and violating your rights is about slim and none. Don't talk to them if at all possible, for any reason. This isn't a poor black man on a subway platform.. it was a middle-aged white guy from the burbs!

Remember.. the safest thing to do is AVOID them. Don't answer the door. Don't talk to them. The second you speak to a police officer you have basically given him the power of life and death over you and yours should he choose to exercise it.

And you will have, practically speaking, no recourse...
    Last edited by dimethylsea; 07-12-2010 at 09:26 AM.
    -Bi Tianzou -

Hmmmn.

I think your view of policing and the purpose of police is juvenile at best.

There are far too many idiots in society to make them unneeded and it is equally ridiculous to think that there won't be incidences of failure in policing..

By the way, police do get convicted of crimes and they do lose their jobs and join the ranks of criminals.

But if you insist on only focusing on the bad ones, then you simply don't want to see that the police can do a lot of good and do a lot of good for society.

I'd be more wary of letting anarchists anywhere near my stuff. they are ALL loose cannons without the gift of clear thinking and focus too much on the negative. Often they are far more undesirable to have around for me than a cop.

besides, I have friends who are cops. lol. Yep, there's idiots out there and they have all kinds of jobs.

You're not realistic in your expectations though. Bottom line, you NEED to have a police force and a system of rule of law that holds all to account.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    such a one sided view of the law enforcement.
    You're not realistic in your expectations though. Bottom line, you NEED to have a police force and a system of rule of law that holds all to account.
    don't really need to say much more to what david said... maybe grow up.

you post stuff about the wrongs law enforcement does but you don't post the ones of them doing good and I can almost bet that side outweighs the bad.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Once you go to ANY medical facility and report you have a mental health problem, you are not allowed to leave AMA (Against Medical Advice) as the risks to said person or to others is not known.

Hence LEOs were called in.

There are laws that dictate this.

Maybe you should read up on them before spouting off juvenile ignorance.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post

Maybe you should read up on them before spouting off juvenile ignorance.
    Hey Dale... did you know there is no one doing your style in my state?

Encourage one of your guys to set up shop here
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Hmmmn.

I think your view of policing and the purpose of police is juvenile at best.

There are far too many idiots in society to make them unneeded and it is equally ridiculous to think that there won't be incidences of failure in policing..
    I do not argue peace officers are unneccessary, merely that with the current state of the laws and police practice it is unwise to interact with them beyond that which is strictly neccessary.

By the way, police do get convicted of crimes and they do lose their jobs and join the ranks of criminals.
    Very seldom, and way below the proportions of crimes they commit but are not convicted of (which arguably isn't a "crime" eh?).
    Cops routinely get a pass from their own institutions and from juries. It's best not to risk it in my view. Easier by far to simply side step the situation and AVOID them.
    But if you insist on only focusing on the bad ones, then you simply don't want to see that the police can do a lot of good and do a lot of good for society.
    I'm not interested in patting them on the back, I'm interested in protecting myself.
    I'd be more wary of letting anarchists anywhere near my stuff. they are ALL loose cannons without the gift of clear thinking and focus too much on the negative. Often they are far more undesirable to have around for me than a cop.
    I disagree. Give me a freedom activist over a Gestaop-wannabe any day.

besides, I have friends who are cops. lol. Yep, there's idiots out there and they have all kinds of jobs.
    And I don't. Because I expect my friends to be more loyal to me than they are to their "job". If they aren't.. then I don't befriend them.
    Acquaintances yes.. but not "friends".

I agree that we need "peace officers" but their powers should be thoroughly circumscribed and their ability to detain people and invade private property with force should be severely curtailed.

That's my point. Given the present system, and the moral indefensibility and impracticality of vigilantee justice on the corrupt cops, it's best to AVOID the potential problems.

If I were arguing "just shoot every cop you see" you would have an excellent point with your remarks. I am not saying that. I am saying "AVOID interactions whenever practical". This is not crazy, rather it is highly rational under the circumstances.
    -Bi Tianzou -