Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Training in the past, no one knows

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

I really am beginning to believe that MA are all about killing yourself when younger and then paying for it when you are older, LOL !!
    based upon my experiences including knowing many skilled practicioners, I'd say you choked out the correct on that one....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I'm sure that both schools and students are really no different than they are now. There were a few teachers who knew how to fight and passed on those skills to a few as well. Then you had people who learned a little bit and then opened their own schools and passed on incomplete knowledge to their students etc.

The McDojo has been around since MA has been taught to the public.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I really am beginning to believe that MA are all about killing yourself when younger and then paying for it when you are older, LOL !!
    more truth in that than most see. Coming up through MA's younger doing the hard end, beatings, punishment, conditioning, dislocated this and that, etc...etc... stuff that your body absorbs and then later punishes you for. yeah... i can assimilate with that.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    We had a thread awhile back where we listed all the injuries we incurred from the years of training. Many of us with more than 30 yrs had pages.
    Someone said,(probably MK)
    "You would've been better off just getting your azz kicked!"
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    We had a thread awhile back where we listed all the injuries we incurred from the years of training. Many of us with more than 30 yrs had pages.
    Someone said,(probably MK)
    "You would've been better off just getting your azz kicked!"
    LOL. That was me!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    based upon my experiences including knowing many skilled practicioners, I'd say you choked out the correct on that one....

Chang Dung Sheng said he trained like an animal when he was young, BUT he noted he was the only one who did! His classmates were lazy he said
    My sifu speaks of this with his training... He trained very hard very young (he started @ 13) three times a day with his sifu, early before school, evening after school and a few hrs after dinner before bed. Because he was so anxious and devoted to learn his sifu pushed him as well. It's the reason that by 25 he was expected to become the successor to his sifu... although, he had training brothers who had trained more yrs than he was in age.

It's amazing when you meet someone with REAL skill... at over 60 yrs of age my sifu has the fastest hands of anyone I've ever met and the power behind them is just sick! It's funny when we train at the Chinese Freemason's Association... the members love to see him beating up on the big black guy (me).

I can imagine the stories being told of our training sifu is prolly the new Wong Fei Hung by now... LOL
    Last edited by jmd161; 07-13-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Greetings,

I think lkfmdc touched truth when he mentioned the ones who established themselves in their discipline. It is from their experiences that we learn that those who really wanted "it" trained for it with great passion. Of course, there were those who went and trained for health or for social reasons.

I think if we go before the 20th century we start to see divisions such as military, civilian, and religious disciplines: the way that the late Donn Draeger categorized the arts. Such things as location, time of day, the person's place in society, become important factors.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    It's amazing when you meet someone with REAL skill... at over 60 yrs of age my sifu has the fastest hands of anyone I've ever met and the power behind them is just sick! It's funny when we train at the Chinese Freemason's Association... the members love to see him beating up on the big black guy (me).
    When you post the clips of your full contact chi na, please also include some clips of him beating up on you when the two of you are sparring full contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    When you post the clips of your full contact chi na, please also include some clips of him beating up on you when the two of you are sparring full contact.
    You wanna see a video of him and a 60 year old man fighting full contact?
    Dude...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You wanna see a video of him and a 60 year old man fighting full contact?
    Dude...
    He's the one who says it happens.

I nail the wife every now and again. I'm usually the only one there to see it....

Do we need video of that...or can you just take my word for it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    I nail the wife every now and again. I'm usually the only one there to see it....

how hot is your wife?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    My sifu speaks of this with his training... He trained very hard very young (he started @ 13) three times a day with his sifu, early before school, evening after school and a few hrs after dinner before bed. Because he was so anxious and devoted to learn his sifu pushed him as well. It's the reason that by 25 he was expected to become the successor to his sifu... although, he had training brothers who had trained more yrs than he was in age.

I can imagine the stories being told of our training sifu is prolly the new Wong Fei Hung by now... LOL

Are you another one of those secret society cronies? Hiding in the training hall and training the deadly skills?

Knifefighter has a good point. Were you guys sparring or were you doing demonstrations? Were you guys resisting his "fast hands"?

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post

I could not stop laughing after reading this. I want a video to prove that you nail your wife and especially videos of when others are around witnessing. Have you tried submitting her while in the act? I am just trying to help you reach new levels of intimacy. LOL

You say a lot of stuff too. Got video for all that?
    I'm somewhat surprised you're still all wrapped up in that attitude man.
    It is slightly goofy for a guy your age.
    Kung Fu is good for you.