Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PE Fist Videos by Me

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    And PERHAPS they have a point, certainly it isn't for everyone.
    This is why you work techniques... some people are able to pull off techniques other's can't. What might be useless to one is a valued technique to another. Every fighter has their OWN training and conditioning regimen...
    Last edited by jmd161; 07-13-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    great stuff, Paul! Keep it up!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    This is why you work techniques... some people are able to pull off techniques other's can't. What might be useless to one is a valued technique to another.
    never been a big fan of the hand posture strikes. I like the simpler set ups, they seem more effective to me. I remember learning this strike and a lot of others to, I took them, cataloged in mind and left them there.

Not saying someone can't perfect or use this, just not my cup of tea.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    never been a big fan of the hand posture strikes. I like the simpler set ups, they seem more effective to me. I remember learning this strike and a lot of others to, I took them, cataloged in mind and left them there.

Not saying someone can't perfect or use this, just not my cup of tea.

I'm not a huge fan of the PE but I have felt it and know what it can do. You can really feel the difference between being hit with a PE or a fist. No matter where that person strikes you, you will always notice the difference!

The techniques effectiveness lies in the training and conditioning. I don't care for throwing leopard fist strikes but, again I can attest to how they feel when being struck by one.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    I understand there is no live testing but you are showing bag work and conditioning (or forging as you call it in the video) Thing is, I'm sure they will say it's a waste because it needs extra training (the forging) that "it takes away from valuable training time" seems to be the norm.
    that would be one criticism and it is personal choice.....the main criticism against such things would be when people use it as a crutch (a secret deadly weapon) without doing the necessary forging OR sparring and fighting that PAUL has done to make it work...using it as an extension of your fighting skills and abilities is fine (using it as an excuse NOT to put the time in sparring and fighting to develop fundamental skills is not)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The same guy who said who can't do arm control without clinching? That sealed the deal for me.
    why...he has a valid point when did you last see trapping/arm control being used in a real fight?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    A little something I threw together
    How to form the PE fist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAzmoaCTcXY
    How to test the structure
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNWlBd-I8lw
    How to forge it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2bdeTraU4
    How to use it on the heavy bag
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK1kjj7ib00
    BTW nice videos nice to see i was taught the right way to hold it and condition it

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Why... he has a valid point when did you last see trapping/arm control being used in a real fight?
    I have seen it all the time for the last 20 + years on a little show called "COPS."

Granted, not all Police Officers have the skills. However, those that do put in the extra effort and training, and work things like Aikido or Japanese Jujitsu, Kali lock flow drills, and/or Chinese Chin-Na into their arresting/hand-cuffing techniques pull it off ALL the time. 20 + years of video clips can attest to that fact.

Unless of course, you want to make the argument that a law enforcement officer making a lawful arrest based upon probable cause against a suspect isn't "a real fight?"

P.S. Those "suspects" are usually resisting... as in resisting arrest!

Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

why...he has a valid point when did you last see trapping/arm control being used in a real fight?
    A few years back, to be honest. But I haven't been in a fight for a while now. Not a real one. Just silly little MMA ones where I have to follow silly little rules and manhandle and be manhandled. I used them there, too, but was criticized for not using the MMA techniques I was taught.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by San Soo Sifu View Post
    I have seen it all the time for the last 20 + years on a little show called "COPS."

Granted, not all Police Officers have the skills. However, those that do put in the extra effort and training, and work things like Aikido or Japanese Jujitsu, Kali lock flow drills, and/or Chinese Chin-Na into their arresting/hand-cuffing techniques pull it off ALL the time. 20 + years of video clips can attest to that fact.

Unless of course, you want to make the argument that a law enforcement officer making a lawful arrest based upon probable cause against a suspect isn't "a real fight?"

P.S. Those "suspects" are usually resisting... as in resisting arrest!
    And you don't argue with San Soo folks. Don't even look at them funny. Just... keep walking, eyes straight ahead...

I probably would've done San Soo if I could've found a school. Dem boys are SAVAGE.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    And you don't argue with San Soo folks. Don't even look at them funny. Just... keep walking, eyes straight ahead...

I probably would've done San Soo if I could've found a school. Dem boys are SAVAGE.
    Actually, I'm a kitty-cat. Meow!

(I tried to say P-U-S-S-Y-C-A-T; but the system wouldn't let me spell the word.)

Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

If I hadn't done my research, I might believe that!
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Good stuff Sanjuro!! Thanks and keep 'em comin' yo.
    no matter how many times the ball bounces, there's still no bones in ice cream...

that would be one criticism and it is personal choice.....the main criticism against such things would be when people use it as a crutch (a secret deadly weapon) without doing the necessary forging OR sparring and fighting that PAUL has done to make it work...using it as an extension of your fighting skills and abilities is fine (using it as an excuse NOT to put the time in sparring and fighting to develop fundamental skills is not)
    I would be ok with what you're saying but, I and others here have said we put in this type of training and you guys are quick to shoot it down. Granted I haven't posted any video as yet but, to my knowledge neither has knifefighter. I've never said such techniques were the end all be all because I know that's not true. I might have lowered myself down to the level of some and replied in an asinine manner just because at times trying to discuss these topics in a respectful manner can be difficult.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun

Nice Paul, scary hook.

Now the secret is out. Expect ninjas...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia