Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PE Fist Videos by Me

Good vids, Sanjuro Ronin!

I was able to view it at work (no sound, though).

Years ago, I used to condition my leopard fist, but since my job then, and the career I'm in now, requires extensive use and dexterity of my hands, I quit the specialized hand conditioning. I just didn't want to take the chance on any possible long-term problems, even with slow and gradual processes. But it's obvious you've avoided any pitfalls and done it the right way.

I really respect the body you can get behind your PE fist, esp. with those hooks. I don't think I'd seen the PE fist applied in that manner before. Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by San Soo Sifu View Post
    I have seen it all the time for the last 20 + years on a little show called "COPS."

Granted, not all Police Officers have the skills. However, those that do put in the extra effort and training, and work things like Aikido or Japanese Jujitsu, Kali lock flow drills, and/or Chinese Chin-Na into their arresting/hand-cuffing techniques pull it off ALL the time. 20 + years of video clips can attest to that fact.

Unless of course, you want to make the argument that a law enforcement officer making a lawful arrest based upon probable cause against a suspect isn't "a real fight?"

P.S. Those "suspects" are usually resisting... as in resisting arrest!
    what you mean when they swarm the guy 2 or 3 or more on 1?....most of the video clips i see when the guy is arrested they go in with overwelming force, and then apply the hand cuffs.

When hes not resisiting then they can do as you say....but in an actual fight (ie the other guy trying to take their head off) you normally see them clinch and take the guy down, and then apply the cuffs, and they usually do it wth their partners help

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    I would be ok with what you're saying but, I and others here have said we put in this type of training and you guys are quick to shoot it down. Granted I haven't posted any video as yet but, to my knowledge neither has knifefighter. I've never said such techniques were the end all be all because I know that's not true. I might have lowered myself down to the level of some and replied in an asinine manner just because at times trying to discuss these topics in a respectful manner can be difficult.
    knifefighter has posted clips of himself grappling, in full contact MMA with and without gloves and in full contact stick fights

as i said if you want to spent time on the above and have the ability to make it wourk (the sound fundermental skilling sparring and fighting build) then its your choice...some will argue your time will be better spent sparring and working with a partner and ask how useful this type of training is but its all relative and persoanl to the individual

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    BTW nice videos nice to see i was taught the right way to hold it and condition it
    The way you form it is a personal preference, I like the thumb on top because that is how I punch naturally.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Nice Paul, scary hook.

Now the secret is out. Expect ninjas...
    As long as they are female, my jing can handle them !

Hey, I didn't give away ALL the good stuff...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Good vids, Sanjuro Ronin!

I was able to view it at work (no sound, though).

Years ago, I used to condition my leopard fist, but since my job then, and the career I'm in now, requires extensive use and dexterity of my hands, I quit the specialized hand conditioning. I just didn't want to take the chance on any possible long-term problems, even with slow and gradual processes. But it's obvious you've avoided any pitfalls and done it the right way.

I really respect the body you can get behind your PE fist, esp. with those hooks. I don't think I'd seen the PE fist applied in that manner before. Keep up the great work!
    You really do have to take it slow and use very good quality Jow, I use the IP Jow from Dale's Colingdragon supply, it is top level stuff.
    The way I see ANY specialty fist is that it must be used as a regular fist , with the only difference being the contact surface.
    I have had the debate with some that disagree with the forging that it isn't needed because the PE fist is aimed at soft and weak spots.
    But MY experience has shown me that the the opponent tends to NOT let you hit those places and that the human body, while very fragile is also VERY resilient.

Specilialty fists should be, like IP, left to the 'advanced stage", you develop your core techniques, spar and fight as much as you can in this development stage, see what works for you, then "fine tune" it and add these "force multipliers", IF it's your cup of tea.
    If it isn't don't and don't worry about it too much.
    But if you choose to add them, my view is that they must be applied as you with ANY other fist strike.

Paul,

Excellent videos showing how to make a proper structure with the PE, how to forge it and how it used in action!

And thank you for the kind words about my IP medicine.

Anyone interested in using strong IP dit da jow or injury jow contact me here or you can visit Coiling Dragon Herbs or call me at the number listed in my signature.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 07-14-2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Agreed 100%, Sanjuro.

Oh, and I also agree with you about Dale's jow. I've been using his Li Family formula for training my arms and it's the best I've ever used, period.

I've thought about going back to specialized conditioning at least for the kup choy, but slow and easy. Regular fist I have no problems.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 07-14-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Agreed 100%, Sanjuro.

Oh, and I also agree with you about Dale's jow. I've been using his Li Family formula for training my arms and it's the best I've ever used, period.

I've thought about going back to specialized conditioning at least for the kup choy, but slow and easy. Regular fist I have no problems.
    The best I've ever used is Garry Hearfield's Yau Kung Mun jow. But if I ever get back into it, I've got to try Dale's too because even Sifu Garry says Dale's is great. It's great to have different jows you can switch between for a while, especially if you build up a tolerance to one.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

What you mean when they swarm the guy 2, or 3, or more on 1? ...most of the video clips I see when the guy is arrested they go in with overwelming force, and then apply the hand-cuffs.

When he's not resisting, then they can do as you say... but in an actual fight (i.e., the other guy trying to take their head off) you normally see them clinch, and take the guy down, and then apply the cuffs, and they usually do it wth their partners help.
    After 20 + years of being on television, you are absolutely 100% correct; in the fact that, at times, it does go down as 2, or 3, or more law enforcement officers arresting and hand-cuffing 1 suspect.

After 20 + years of being on television, you are absolutely 100% correct; in the fact that, at times, it becomes clinch, takedown, roll the suspect over, and arrest and hand-cuff him.

However, after 20 + years of being on television, I am absolutely 100% correct; in the fact that, at times, one law enforcement officer (usually a county deputy sheriff, because sometimes their back-up is 30-45 minutes away) has to deal with a suspect, and the suspect is full-on resisting arrest (as you said, "the other guy trying to take their head off"); and the law enforcement officer uses an arm-locking techniques (of some type), slams the suspect's head onto the police cruiser's hood, arrests him and applies the hand-cuffs.

So, after 20 + years of being on television, "COPS" has seen its fair-share of all types of scenarios.

And, as I said in my previous post, not all law enforcement officers have the skills (i.e., they don't devote enough off-time to training arresting/hand-cuffing techniques, either through their law enforcement department or a local martial arts school).

Anyway, I am sure if you actually asked a majority of law enforcement professionals across America, most of them would attest to using arm-locking (of some type), flowing into hand-cuffing, and placing the suspect under arrest. And yes, against 100% full-bore resisting arrest (as you said, "the other guy trying to take their head off") individuals.

Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    The best I've ever used is Garry Hearfield's Yau Kung Mun jow. But if I ever get back into it, I've got to try Dale's too because even Sifu Garry says Dale's is great. It's great to have different jows you can switch between for a while, especially if you build up a tolerance to one.
    Thank you for the kind words.

Shifu Hearfield is a Kung fu brother and a close friend.

We have known each other for a period of years.

His jow is very good. always good to use what works and remove what does nothing.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by San Soo Sifu View Post
    After 20 + years of being on television, you are absolutely 100% correct; in the fact that, at times, it does go down as 2, or 3, or more law enforcement officers arresting and hand-cuffing 1 suspect.

After 20 + years of being on television, you are absolutely 100% correct; in the fact that, at times, it becomes clinch, takedown, roll the suspect over, and arrest and hand-cuff him.

However, after 20 + years of being on television, I am absolutely 100% correct; in the fact that, at times, one law enforcement officer (usually a county deputy sheriff, because sometimes their back-up is 30-45 minutes away) has to deal with a suspect, and the suspect is full-on resisting arrest (as you said, "the other guy trying to take their head off"); and the law enforcement officer uses an arm-locking techniques (of some type), slams the suspect's head onto the police cruiser's hood, arrests him and applies the hand-cuffs.

So, after 20 + years of being on television, "COPS" has seen its fair-share of all types of scenarios.

And, as I said in my previous post, not all law enforcement officers have the skills (i.e., they don't devote enough off-time to training arresting/hand-cuffing techniques, either through their law enforcement department or a local martial arts school).

Anyway, I am sure if you actually asked a majority of law enforcement professionals across America, most of them would attest to using arm-locking (of some type), flowing into hand-cuffing, and placing the suspect under arrest. And yes, against 100% full-bore resisting arrest (as you said, "the other guy trying to take their head off") individuals.
    Its ok i dont need to ask guys in america i have trained with cops here in the UK and they prefer to use pepper spray or superior numbers in arresting resisting individuals...and there are plenty of videos out there showing this, just as there are plenty of videos out there of sanctioned fights where the clinch and the ground are used...and street fights showing the same, but not too many showing standing locks or trapping being used i wonder why that is

Its ok i dont need to ask guys in america i have trained with cops here in the UK and they prefer to use pepper spray or superior numbers in arresting resisting individuals...and there are plenty of videos out there showing this, just as there are plenty of videos out there of sanctioned fights where the clinch and the ground are used...and street fights showing the same, but not too many showing standing locks or trapping being used i wonder why that is
    Your point of reference isn't the same as mine (or a majority of those of us who have trained law enforcement officers / criminal justice professionals here in America).

We will just have to agree to disagree. Obviously, I will not convince you otherwise; nor shall you convince me differently, either. Go in peace. Best of luck to you, both in your training, and in your personal life too.

Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

Thanks for putting this vid up, SR. You put some good info in there in a most concise manner. Nice strikes.

I like the thumb on top as well, it feels more stable to me.

Gotta go to work, but I'll probably ask some questions next week related to this.

Again, thanks.

I will say it's a bit tiring seeing that any tech thread must become first and foremost an argument between people who choose to do that tech and people who don't, despite the thread starter making it about the tech itself.

Or the need to state one's position on that argument.

I am curious, Dragonzbane, when you say the simpler technique seems more effective, when you hook, do you feel your hook is more effective and powerful than Sanjuro Ronin's from the vid?

ur video made me shat my pants
    very manly