Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chain punching

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Why ask such questions?

Where's your Man Sao then, and what's it doing in the meantime?

??????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    outside of pauls "adventures" in thailand has anyone else actually had their wrists grabbed in a fight? i used to drill it in TCMA all the time but my expereince is with knifefighter on this one, guys getting hit either turtle up or try to grab the body and smother you, i have never had my wrist grabbed, Ive had guys try to smother the stricks and grab the body, and this funnily enough was not something covered that much in TMCA classes at least not effectivelly
    not in stand up but in grappling ive found that my wrist or forearm was grabbed often and some of the wrist circling techniques youll see in southern kung fu and okinawan sticky hand excercises allowed me to stop it quickly

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    not in stand up but in grappling ive found that my wrist or forearm was grabbed often and some of the wrist circling techniques youll see in southern kung fu and okinawan sticky hand excercises allowed me to stop it quickly
    thats my expereince to and why i asked you see it in grappling usually as a way to gain access to the body or controlling one arm as you under hook the other, but not as an end in itself and as you say not in stand up

I worked security, door work at bars clubs in central London and suburbs for 10 years, many guys will grab the wrists...its easy to deal with... my fantasy world is in London
    The stabbings and glassings are all a fantasy too, I must have been dreaming...

outside of pauls "adventures" in thailand has anyone else actually had their wrists grabbed in a fight? i used to drill it in TCMA all the time but my expereince is with knifefighter on this one, guys getting hit either turtle up or try to grab the body and smother you, i have never had my wrist grabbed, Ive had guys try to smother the stricks and grab the body, and this funnily enough was not something covered that much in TMCA classes at least not effectivelly
    Attacks involving wrist grabs are commonplace.. Perhaps not among pro-fighters of caliber X, or among so and so's <elite> training partners.. However it is simply a HAOV (Habitual Acts of <human> Violence {what TMAs are often better at dealing with}).. Meaning--it happens and happens quite often, whatever the particular conditions or reasons.

Of course, Chun offers all sorts of ways to have fun with this..
    Last edited by YungChun; 09-07-2010 at 02:35 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

just thinking about a leading grab brings back a flood of fight memories...some guys do a double wrist 'in your face' grab...others the duck down high single grab ...the charging grab ..etc...
    clothes grabbing is another, I would let guys tear jackets off me so they would lose their balance falling back as I let them have the item of clothing hah ! like letting go of a rope suddenly...following in with a front kick or attack.
    memories !
    you dress for battle. rubber soles , clip on ties. unzipped jackets...loose trousers....
    Last edited by k gledhill; 09-07-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    Attacks involving wrist grabs are commonplace.. Perhaps not among pro-fighters of caliber X, or among so and so's <elite> training partners.. However it is simply a HAOV (Habitual Acts of <human> Violence {what TMAs are often better at dealing with}).. Meaning--it happens and happens quite often, whatever the particular conditions or reasons.

Of course, Chun offers all sorts of ways to have fun with this..
    Who said anything about pro fighters and so and so elite training partners....its not my fault all you get to play with is yourself and some of us get to play with real fighters
    people grab clothes and punch you sure, but outside the kwoon not many grab the grab the wrist, why would they, no real control and you are tieing up your hand

Who said anything about pro fighters and so and so elite training partners....its not my fault all you get to play with is yourself and some of us get to play with real fighters
    Many folks here have said that.. I didn't say you did however given your elitist tone above I am surprised you didn't, oh wait you just did.. So take some deep breaths before going on the attack tough guy. The world is bigger than your dojo and not everyone who attacks folks is an expert schooled by "expert level" folks like you.

people grab clothes and punch you sure, but outside the kwoon not many grab the grab the wrist, why would they, no real control and you are tieing up your hand
    I and others have seen along with tons of documented evidence which shows that this is an HAOV..and as related by Kevin quite accurately.. "Outside the kwoon" is exactly where HAOVs take place..not technically perfect attacks by pro fighters but real human acts of violence...duh.. I am not going to go through a series of illustrations of why it is done and draw you a picture, it simply is done--humans grab because they can--same reason dogs bite.... I fail to see the problem with comprehending such a simple fact..
    Last edited by YungChun; 09-07-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    interesting, thanks.

Blog Entries
    outside the kwoon not many grab the grab the wrist, why would they, no real control and you are tieing up your hand
    You may tie up your hands, but you also ties up your opponent's hands too. The moment that your opponent tries to break your grips (because it's so easy to do so), the moment that you move into clinch range. This is the best strategy to force a stiker to play your grappling game. It works very well against "strikers" (because they don't understand what's going on).

Chain Punching?

1.Is there only one purpose for chain punching or multiple reasons?

2.Can you chain punch with the utilization of different energies?

3. Is Chain Punch an outside technique to gain entry or and inside technique?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    1.Is there only one purpose for chain punching or multiple reasons?

2.Can you chain punch with the utilization of different energies?

3. Is Chain Punch an outside technique to gain entry or and inside technique?
    If you can perform your chain punches like this guy did, act like a tiger and eat your opponent alive, all your questions won't be necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1dh_...layer_embedded

1. purpose is to knock your opponent down.
    2. If your opponent is down, whether you use "snake engine" or "core engine" won't matter much.
    3. From outside to inside and all the way to finish.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-05-2011 at 01:16 PM.

I agree Funny Post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If you can perform your chain punches like this guy did, act like a tiger and eat your opponent alive, all your questions won't be necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1dh_...layer_embedded

1. purpose is to knock your opponent down.
    2. If your opponent is down, whether you use "snake engine" or "core engine" won't matter much.
    3. From outside to inside and all the way to finish.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"