Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searching for Northern Praying Mantis schools in Los Angeles

Shaolin Allan

Good morning Shaolin Allan,

I hope you are well. I have attempted to contact Sifu Wanchun via email and the phone number listed but have received no email reply. The number listed indicates the Verizon customer is unavailable and to please try again later, which I have done several times, but I receive that same message. Do you perhaps have another contact method for Sifu Wanchun? Take care and have a great day.

Best regards,

YellaDragon

Mantis Training

Yella Dragon,

I hope your search for mantis have been fruitful. there are some great martial art teachers in Southern California of all levels and abilities and they all have something to offer for where you are now in your training. When and if you ever get to a level where you need more or surpass them, the secure ones will most likely refer you to someone that can take your training further. However, I am sure with most students that will not happen. If you are looking for mantis in particular there are few here with different teaching methods, approaches, cost and schedules. Most important you have to choose one you vibe and resonate with.

www.wrightskungfu.com
    www.californiamartialarts.com
    www.usmartialartsacademy.com

Sifu Marquez has a school in Lomita, CA and there are some other mantis schools around. You should google them

Some other great teachers other than Mantis is Master Kenneth Edwards in Pasadena,Ca (Eagle Claw). Master Don Hamby (Hung Gar), and many others. If you are interested in Shaolin, I can refer a good Shaolin Instructors as well.

If you need help send me a message privately and I can try and help you find what you are looking for.

"A true master understands when its important to speak and not to speak, act and not to act. He understands that words are like swords, you cut down, you get cut down. Only a child acts and speaks hastily, making assumptions and decisions without the full facts."
    "The key is to begin at the beginning;high level short cuts can only lead to dead end."

You should check out Sifu Marquez!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong