Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training CMA is like having a racist grandpa

lol racist grandpa? are u refering to Pai Mei from Kill Bill Vol. 2?

learning CMA

1. language

2. culture

if you some how also learn some of the 1 and 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMx21-sZvc

these kids are good.

Slightly OT

As German fashion brand expands in China, netizens recall 'racist' T-shirt controversy

Back in 2007, German fashion designer Philipp Plein stirred up controversy on the Chinese web when he released a T-shirt embellished with the words "F-U-C-K YOU CHINA". Now, Plein is trying to make a comeback in the Chinese fashion market, but web users aren't going to let him, or other potential customers, forget about the ghosts of his past— those **** limited edition cotton T-shirts.

As an effort to charm Chinese customers, the brand opened an official Weibo account in August and attracted more than 28,000 followers. It wasn't until early June, however, that Weibo users brought up the T-shirts that caused so much hullaballoo eight years ago.

Plein had previously claimed that the letters on his t-shirt stood for "the fascinating and urban collection: kiss you China," and that he never meant to offend anyone.

To this day, however, people aren't buying it, and it appears that many Chinese consumers' feelings are still "greatly hurt", as Shanghai Daily columnist Wu Jiayin proclaimed in a article from 2007. Many netizens took on the brand's Weibo account to voice their anger over the company's "racist" history.

"Sorry, we have not forgotten! And now you want to sell us clothes? Get out of China and never come back!" said one user.

"I wonder how they still dare to step into the Chinese market," another said.

The German fashion brand has decided to shut down comments on its Weibo account to avoid anymore backlash.

Plein has at least 10 boutiques in China, known as KULT, and the designer plans to open four more by the end of the year.

[Images via QianZhan.com]

By Sharon Choi
    I used to have a Shaolin tie-tack that was a gold swastika in a red circle. Very nazi. Never really wore it, just kept it as an oddity. That's not overly relevant to this post, but the forum requires I post something and that's all I could think of for this.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That's pretty high Gene ~ I'm not surprised, just never seen one. Wonder how old it is?
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu