Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Push Hands Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Well make up your mind... either he lands people on their ass for real (which would mean he would be doing what you saw in those clips and he would do quite well in a grappling situation) or he didn't do it for real (in which case he wouldn't be training like you saw and wouldn't do so well in a grappling situation)... that is unless you are saying he had a full-contact striking match with Tai Chi Bob.
    Go ask Bob.

Greetings..

WOW!! Really?, a ****in' contest again.. no wonder i don't come to this place so often.. YES, Bill, SKL worked some amazing stuff on me, "no touch" stuff.. YES, Knifefighter, i believe the physics and well trained experience of a conditioned fighter are superior fighting skills.. and, now that i'm dragged into this ****in' contest.. the winner is the person with enough sense to train in BOTH perspectives, AND to keep their mouths shut!! Which is just what i'll do.

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    Greetings..

WOW!! Really?, a ****in' contest again.. no wonder i don't come to this place so often.. YES, Bill, SKL worked some amazing stuff on me, "no touch" stuff.. YES, Knifefighter, i believe the physics and well trained experience of a conditioned fighter are superior fighting skills.. and, now that i'm dragged into this ****in' contest.. the winner is the person with enough sense to train in BOTH perspectives, AND to keep their mouths shut!! Which is just what i'll do.

Be well..
    "No touch"? Speaking of fake. I'd say that pretty much says it all.

Greetings..

"No touch"? Speaking of fake. I'd say that pretty much says it all.
    Nice!! You weren't there, you speak from no knowledge, that's arrogant and stupid.. I would have said the same thing prior to the incident, and it had nothing to do with MA.. SKL was doing some healing work, and i wanted to see/experience what was going on.. i guess i went where i wasn't invited.. really, you should learn a bit more about the world you live in..

Be well..

Greetings..

Nice!! You weren't there, you speak from no knowledge, that's arrogant and stupid.. I would have said the same thing prior to the incident, and it had nothing to do with MA.. SKL was doing some healing work, and i wanted to see/experience what was going on.. i guess i went where i wasn't invited.. really, you should learn a bit more about the world you live in..

Be well..
    LOL... last I checked, we were talking about him knocking you on your ass. You responded as if he had done that with no-touch.

If you are talking about healing with no touch, I have no problem with that. In the west we call it the placebo affect and it works as well, if not sometimes better, than actual intervention.

If he knocked you down with no touch, then you are the one who needs to learn more about the world.

Greetings..

Be well..

Thank you Bob. That's what I call real $hit. That's training a "gong". That's what Chinese training, real training is all about. Like I said, Shuai Jiao has it's place. I just wouldn't make it the center of my training.

Knifefighter. You are a frog in a well my friend... a frog in a well...

Quote Originally Posted by woliveri View Post
    Thank you Bob. That's what I call real $hit. That's training a "gong". That's what Chinese training, real training is all about. Like I said, Shuai Jiao has it's place. I just wouldn't make it the center of my training.

Knifefighter. You are a frog in a well my friend... a frog in a well...
    Umm... I think it's been pretty much proven time and time again that you guys are the frogs in the well.

Greetings..

LOL... last I checked, we were talking about him knocking you on your ass. You responded as if he had done that with no-touch.
    You hear what you want to hear for the conflict you seek..
    Thank you Bob. That's what I call real $hit.
    Don't thank me, Bill.. i call it like i see it.. this thread was enjoying some decent discussion, now this.. this forum thrives on conflict.. now, i'll set the record straight..

SKL was doing some healing work, nice stuff.. the energies were tangible.. i started to walk across the room, respectfully, i thought.. he simply pointed in my direction with his free hand, and.. and, i have no valid explanation, but.. my knees just gave out, i slumped to a kneel.. maybe the training of that day caught-up with me, who knows.. SKL's wife came over and said, 'I think Master Lew is a little busy, right now.. why don't you come over here".. and she led me onto the porch.. conclude what you will from it, but.. the coincidences leave me believing there was more going on than i was able to understand..

So, that story hasn't changed from the day it happened.. it happened. If you heard 'knocked on your a$$', you wanted to hear that.. nothing i have ever said about that incident implied 'knoched me on my a$$'.. the strongest verbage, out of a softer context, was "it seemed like he dropped me".. cripe, wouldn't it be cool to just have a normal conversation sometimes..

Be well..

Greetings..

Here's what happens with the placebo affect:
    Hi: I've got your back on this.. i can't explain what happend with SKL, it was unexpected, and.. maybe unrelated.. but, i will not wear blinders.. I train hard, we put on gloves and go at it, we hit the ground hard and work it.. my history goes back to the late 60's and the old PKA (Professional Karate Assn.).. there is no substitute for hard training, but.. it's possible that sometimes we might train hard in other 'Arts' and surprise ourselves.. try not to be so narrow-minded, it might leave you unprepared..

Be well..

Greetings..

BTW, my brother is a professional magician and my gf's mom was a psychic, and a hypnotist. I've seen most of the tricks and the rip-offs.
    Cool, you win.. you are the man.. nothing is possible without your approval or without Mr. Randi's giving his money away.. BTW, i frequently refer people to Mr. Randi's offer.. i am solely at fault for revisiting this forum, expecting well-reasoned discussions..

Be well..

Greetings..

You hear what you want to hear for the conflict you seek..

Don't thank me, Bill.. i call it like i see it.. this thread was enjoying some decent discussion, now this.. this forum thrives on conflict.. now, i'll set the record straight..

SKL was doing some healing work, nice stuff.. the energies were tangible.. i started to walk across the room, respectfully, i thought.. he simply pointed in my direction with his free hand, and.. and, i have no valid explanation, but.. my knees just gave out, i slumped to a kneel.. maybe the training of that day caught-up with me, who knows.. SKL's wife came over and said, 'I think Master Lew is a little busy, right now.. why don't you come over here".. and she led me onto the porch.. conclude what you will from it, but.. the coincidences leave me believing there was more going on than i was able to understand..

So, that story hasn't changed from the day it happened.. it happened. If you heard 'knocked on your a$$', you wanted to hear that.. nothing i have ever said about that incident implied 'knoched me on my a$$'.. the strongest verbage, out of a softer context, was "it seemed like he dropped me".. cripe, wouldn't it be cool to just have a normal conversation sometimes..

Be well..
    No need to be testy Bob... Knocked on your @ss, knees buckled, whatever. I'm old and I don't have a photographic memory. So what? I thought the story was great. I've never met SKL but have had similar experiences from other Masters. The point here is SKL and others have trained a "gong" to their highest level. I apologize for my poor choice of words.

Frogs in a well.
    Hey, go get your own line.. That one is mine.

Yeah, but it's more applicable to you.

More bullsh!t, er, I mean gong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrzBL2dHMI
    LOL... I've seen that throat slap before in another video. Not something I would think is good for his students. But, I wouldn't be paying money for any of that either so we're on the same page.

What's unfortunate is you're just so close minded and pompous you'll never get it. But since you're happy with that so am I.

Greetings..

YES, Bill, SKL worked some amazing stuff on me, "no touch" stuff.. YES, Knifefighter, i believe the physics and well trained experience of a conditioned fighter are superior fighting skills..
    Again, it is solely my mistake.. i assumed people's reading and comprehension skills could see past their their petty prejudices.. 'some amazing stuff' is intentionally used to avoid the misconception of combat, but heck no.. somebody has to show how flippin' 'real' they are, challenge it and all that stuff.. so, i'm okay with you being the man, Knifefighter, really.. but, read the rest of the stuff i post, the stuff that supports your perspective.. try giving equal time, in fairness..

Be well..

he simply pointed in my direction with his free hand, and.. and, i have no valid explanation, but.. my knees just gave out, i slumped to a kneel..
    not so surprising, if u consider a few relatively objective and relatively subjective possibilities;

first, I don't think he "beamed" something at you; what I DO think is that entrainment / synchronization of people's autonomics can occur in different ways, to different degrees; for example, the study of women living together in a dormitory setting whose monthly cycles synchronize - it's not magic, it's purely in context of how we as "rhythm-based" organisms are as such;

so that is a long-term adaptive response; similarly, I think you can have this occur in a more focal locus - for example, when a singer "electrifies" the room with her performance, something happens that you and everyone else can "feel" physically, that changes how your physiology functions in the moment;

in SKL's case, I think that you had a significant parasympathetic response that was engendered by the combination of his own "field" effect and your personal desire to attune to that effect; I have also been in the room with various folks doing different sorts of treatments, and certain people seem to have the ability to create this sort of field effect by the state of their own internal focus; some do it naturally, others are trained, but in the end, it's all physiology, just working on a level that isn't typically described; and BTW, this may be placebo effect, but it's not like anything isn't happening - but yes, it does require "permission" from the patient to "work" - and this does not mean active belief - you can have someone dead set against believing in anything like this, but if they really need help re-calibrating towards homeostatis, they will "allow" for this entrainment on a non-conscious level; of course, the REAL danger here is that the practitioner gets far too caught up in themselves and thinks that they are the shiznit who has "healed" the other person (a good way to avoid this is to stay away from any warm-fuzzy energy healing and keep your techniques clean and structural; but I digress)

finally, his waving a hand in your direction could have been interpreted by your system on a non-conscious level as an enabler of some sort of expectation as to what might happen when a "powerful" old Chinese healer waves his hand at you - so you could have been predisposed to being impacted by that or similar symbol to cue your parasympathetic response (which again, requires you to be at ease in the situation);

anyway, it's just some ideas, having seen a lot of this sort of thing over the last 15 years in my professional work as a PT working in manual therapy, including a lot of osteopathic work, which includes things like cranial and visceral which some people do in a very down to earth way, and others more like polairty-style, e.g.;