Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inception

Inception

Best film of 2010. That is all

Agree. That is all.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I suppose if you're sample pool is one film...you may be right.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

there hasnt been a film more complex or more layered then this film, not just in 2010 but in the last five years. its just that simple. this movie was amazing. it gave you a large scale story, characters, layers, action. whatever you crazed for in this movie it had. best of all this large scale movie, despite what you may think was minimalist on the cgi. many of the set pieces were real. and you know what he did it with a budget 150million. which low for a big budget film nowadays, they run upwards of 300mil. chris nolan out did his self in this film and made me a believer. i always thought he was good. albeit i was not a big fan of the prestige but this film is going to put him on the map. and will be nominated thats a guarantee.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    fight scenes? any good. I'm hearing it compared to the first matrix. I think i might go watch it thursday night.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    Best film of 2010. That is all
    Couldn't agree with you more. This film is so layered it is not even funny. Amazing movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    fight scenes? any good. I'm hearing it compared to the first matrix. I think i might go watch it thursday night.
    its not a martial arts film..no matrixy effect. its like the matrix with the whole dream thing that is all. but the action is intense and the fight with joseph gordon lovett in the revolving room was awesome. especially since they were in a real revolving room and not on some green screen set. even the 0g was done with little aid of cgi. thats what makes this film amazing.

the film does such a great job of conveying what is at stake during the action. it is not that the action is exceptional, though it is cool, but the feeling around the sequences of " oh no, this could be it!"...then you realize the action is taking place inside a dream...

very cool that there was hardly any CGI used!

I saw this movie with my wife a couple nights ago.

After a few days of mulling it over, I have to say that this movie has earned a spot as one of my favorites of all time.

Everything about it is exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by jason. View Post
    the film does such a great job of conveying what is at stake during the action. it is not that the action is exceptional, though it is cool, but the feeling around the sequences of " oh no, this could be it!"...then you realize the action is taking place inside a dream...

very cool that there was hardly any CGI used!
    that was one of the best things about the movie..it actually kept you on the edge, it made you forget that you know somehow the good guys are going to win. and it gave you that feeling of dread of not knowing if they will complete the mission. even leading you to believe that they will completely fail. and then there was the layers how there were, metaphysical layers as story and characters. and actual layers as in how deep they had to go in fishers brain. i must see this movie again.

Well now I'm curious...wasn't planning on seeing it based on the previews...just looked like a cg deal. Is there an actual good story line and dialogue?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Leo DiCaprio right?
    No thanks.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

leotardo di'crapio?

i cant stand that guy and avoid his films like the ghey plague. i dont know why cant get into anything he's in. i guess we all have those actors we hate.

can he grow real facial hair yet?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Well now I'm curious...wasn't planning on seeing it based on the previews...just looked like a cg deal. Is there an actual good story line and dialogue?
    dude..it has everything you want in a movie plus more. its very cerebral.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    it's funny i'm not a "liker" of decaprio but he's made some good movies... (except for titanic) I liked "gangs of new york" but Daniel D. Lewis made that movie. "The departed" was an awesome movie, hell "Aviator" wasn't that bad. "shutter Island" wasn't bad better than most movies at least. Can't say i've liked all his movies but he's got some that stand out for sure.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.