Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inception

from gangs of new york on i like his films.

I can't stand him, much like I can't stand Ben Assfleck.
    Too bad though because he has been in some good movies, movies that I can't see because of him.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I can't stand him, much like I can't stand Ben Assfleck.
    Too bad though because he has been in some good movies, movies that I can't see because of him.
    hell ya dicrapio and assfleck haters unite!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

idk i dont have that much of a problem with afleck i just find him a better director then actor.. gone baby gone was the ****.

Haven't gone out to see a movie in theatres in a long time cause nothing really caught my eye, until now. From all i'm hearing, Inception is a must see. I'll either check out the late show this weekend or wait until next.

And yeah, no Ben assfleck flicks for me please. I heard Gone Baby Gone is good, so hopefully he'll stick to directing and keep his mug from public viewing.

by the way - HBD Doug Maverick !!

Indeed, HBD Doug:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

ya, happy birthday doug!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

thanks alot guys, much appreciate it.

back on topic for a bit, seems this movie is gonna do giant numbers bigger then expected. the film hauled in another 10+mil on monday. and i gotta say here in ny when i saw it the imax was jam packed here in nyc and thats a monday. theaters are not packed on mondays in ny not even in the summer. this is one of those films that you see repeatedly. so all you leo haters are really missing one of the best films in the last 12 years.

Thumbs up

Just watched it yesterday. I left the movie flabbergasted.... It rocked

Lightbulb give leo some credit

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Leo DiCaprio right?
    No thanks.
    the departed was good, shutter island okay. it appears to me that he's grown up from the days of titanic and romeo and juliet. for that i forgive him. if he was to stick with the types of drama that he's been doing and stays away from the hokey crap i may become a fan. the 90's are over man!
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

This is a great movie. I agree that it's the best film of 2010. I give it 11 out of 10.

Interpreting Inception

After reading this interpretation I'm wanting to see the movie again.

SPOILERISH QUOTED
    1. Only one scene takes place in the film's real world. All worlds depicted are dream layers.
    2. There are only four real characters in the film.

I also loved this movie, and look forward to the blu-ray to see it again. There were some scenes where the bass and music were drowning out the dialogue. So I'm sure a home viewing on my own surround sound will sound much better.

I also loved the ending, I believe the director wanted to leave the viewer questioning exactly what was what.

As far as the best movie of 2010, I'm not sure, I haven't seen Machete yet!!

Importing into China

Ever since Titanic, the Chinese love Leo.
    China to import Christopher Nolan's 'Inception'
    The Middle Kingdom announces that it will allow distribution of sci-fi Hollywood blockbuster "Inception"
    By Jessica Beaton 4 August, 2010

Hold off on grabbing "Inception" from your local street DVD dealers, the China Film Group has announced that Christopher Nolan's sci-fi sensation will get one of China’s coveted 20 annual spots for revenue-sharing imports reserved for foreign films screened in the country.

All 20 foreign films imported into China split revenues with the government. Although Hollywood-based trade associations have lobbied Beijing to raise their quota on foreign films screened in China, the government hasn't moved on their position.

Yuan Wenqiang, an executive who oversees imports for the state-owned company, said in an interview that the 148-minute film has already cleared Chinese censors, although the release date has not yet been announced, causing heavy chatter online. A post on Sina.com, one of China’s largest web portals, speculates it would be released by September 21, while a post on another website, Sohu.com, guessed the date would be September 2. A report on filmbiz.com also suggests a September 21 release, citing statements from the China Film Group (中國電影集團公司).

"Inception" will be released in IMAX format, and if its September 21 release date is correct, it has been given a coveted spot, launching one day before mid-Autumn festival (September 22-24) and October National Day holiday (October 1-7). Giving that slot to the film is a gamble for people on both sides of the Pascific as the film will be in direct competition with major Chinese-language films including “Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen” (精武風雲) the Donnie Yen-starring action picture that builds on a Bruce Lee and Stephen Chow franchise (out September 21), as well as the Zhang Yimou-directed romance “The Love of the Hawthorn Tree” (山楂树之恋, out September 16), and the Michelle Yeoh-starring “Reign of Assassins” (劍雨江湖, out September 28).

The much-anticipated film directed by Christopher Nolan (of "The Dark Knight" fame) stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Marion Cotillard and Ellen Page, a team of experts who are hired by a Japanese businessman to influence the thinking of the heir to an energy conglomerate.

“Inception” has already been released in Hong Kong, earning US$2 million at the box office as of August 2, Ponnie Leung, a Hong Kong-based publicist for Warner Bros, told reporters.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

spoilers?

I don't think I was as taken by it as you all. Perhaps it was spoiled for me by all the good reviews. The best part of a non-linear film like this is in the end, you can see how it all fits together. In the end of Inception, there still seemed to be some gaping holes and I wasn't engaged enough to solve them. Nevertheless, it was entertaining and I enjoyed it while I was watching it. It didn't strike me as deep at all, more like film candy, but that's okay. I like film candy too.

I liked the triple level climax a lot - it's almost as if Nolan started with that concept and wrote out from it.

The dream sequences were rather mundane which is probably what let me down the most. I had problems with consistency in the rules of the dream, especially when that one guy dreams up the bigger gun. If that's allowable, well, you can dream up a bigger anything. Also the whole band of dream defenders didn't really work for me - that was way to underdeveloped to seem feasible within the story. Apart from the 0G sequence, which was my favorite part, it wasn't very psychedelic. I wanted a far more interesting dream landscape. It should have tapped nightmares.

It reminded me of Dreamscape with Dennis Quaid and Kate Capshaw. I think I liked that better because it had that villain guy from The Warriors wielding numchuks.

That's what this film needed - numchuks.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart