Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you get out of these?

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post

Realistically, there is no tapping out in a real fight. You die or you live, nothing more. If you let someone sink a choke deeply enough, you can't escape.
    Sorry, but you are very simply wrong, and very wrong at that.

Based on the FBI statistics for 2008 the worst city for murder and non-negligent homicide was New Orleans. According to the FBI there were 547.2 aggravated assaults per hindered thousand population but only 63.6 murder and non-negligent manslaughter per hundred thousand.

So, 483.6 aggravated assaults did not end with someone dieing.

Somebody is watching way too much FOX news.

The problem with these forum discussions is that most of the participants don't really know a great deal about what they are talking about.
    Is there a mirror in your house?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    WCK people are known for their standing infighting
    Actually, they aren't, other than among themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    ***Ha! Ha! ha!

And as for my catch wrestling insights - I would say that forget your wing chun in the situations that were mentioned...and catch any hold you can !!!

While using wrestling escapes (and if there's some jiu jitsu escapes available - use them too).

And if some punching (wing chun or otherwise) can help with the escape, reversal, sweep, or controlling hold - then by all means.

But if all else fails - there's always the wing chun guillotine.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 07-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Yo!

Ha Ha Ha...

I have revised the Wing Chun Guillotine... Now it is the Wing Chun Cross face. A high percent WC technique. I will teach it to you for only 3000 dollars :P

BTW - look inside the YKS Chum Kiu for this technique!

LOL Dave

about the tap. I think he more means that once it is tight and locked it is your opponent that decides. I work security and have seen on many occassions people held to long. No most of them didn't die but we had some times when I took a while to wake up. Tapping doesn't stop the fight unless your opponents wants to stop. I know myself when I have to choke people I don't let go until they drop. You can't stop hen the guy taps and just keeps on fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Spend some time outside the wing chun forums and you will see the occasional chunner or school with some good rep but as for the style as a whole, well then the rep varies between yellow bamboo and slap boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    ***Ha! Ha! ha!

And as for my catch wrestling insights - I would say that forget your wing chun in the situations that were mentioned...and catch any hold you can !!!

While using wrestling escapes (and if there's some jiu jitsu escapes available - use them too).

And if some punching (wing chun or otherwise) can help with the escape, reversal, sweep, or controlling hold - then by all means.

But if all else fails - there's always the wing chun guillotine.
    well really wrestling has no major escapes, because you win with a pin so once you pin the match is normally over. thats why you see people do everything imaginable possible to not get pinned. The general escape is brige and twist like a maniac.
    Maybe your talking about submission wrestling (no gi)? Ie BJJ without the gi ..

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    well really wrestling has no major escapes, because you win with a pin so once you pin the match is normally over. thats why you see people do everything imaginable possible to not get pinned. The general escape is brige and twist like a maniac.
    cazn i just say thanks for those videos in your sig, brilliant!

"well really wrestling has no major escapes"...(except for submission wrestling)...???!!!

You've got to be kidding, right?

ALL WRESTLING has some great escapes, m1k3, especially amateur free style - which IS cacc - but without the submissions.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 07-22-2010 at 06:29 AM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    wrestling has many many escapes....

biggest problem with wrestling or mostly what i've learned over the years:
    A wrestler will over extend himself. Doing this especially against submission (judo/BJJ/JJ) is a huge problem. Example: the shot, wrestler extends past leading with head. Neck is exposed leading for submission with guillotine or choke of numberous counts. But a wrestler with experience in grappling and well rounded does not get caught with this, usually it's the wrestler thats new to the submissions game that gets caught in this, but it's been know for experienced ones as well to get caught.

Wrestling is about dominant top position and movement. Key factors.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

But as more free style wrestlers learn submissions - things should get very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    cazn i just say thanks for those videos in your sig, brilliant!
    Now you can see why Victor can't tell the difference between moves that work and ones that don't.

OT but..

To assume or suggest that in an assault one can or could simply "give up" and be left alone is terribly reckless reasoning and just plain stupid.

More likely depending on which hood you're in you would be beaten mercilessly long past unconsciousness and left for dead..

The loving street duel between "honorable combatants" may well happen outside in the alley behind the local pub.. It may even be the norm among Jerry Springer applicants and other juvenile minded folks.. But to assume or suggest such a thing is the norm or should be expected from one or more attackers on the street is to sell folks a large load of poop..

Better to assume the attacker or attackers will be operating in greater numbers, armed with weapons and with precious little concern for your life or theirs.
    Last edited by YungChun; 07-22-2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

So have you guys concluded that from a wing chun standpoint that there are no answers to those attacks? Or are you still deliberating on that one?
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."