Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you get out of these?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    VS the mount: Chain punch
    VS the side mount: Chain punch
    VS the side control: Chain punch
    VS the RNC: chain punch.
    lol. So true.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    What I am getting at is what WCK responses are there?
    There really isn't a strong WC strategy in my opinion. I think that typically what one would try to do in WC is to get off finger and wrist locks along with eye gouges. The problem with that strategy though is that a WCer doesn't have the understanding of body position like the grappler and the grappler can resort to gouging and locks on the smaller joints as well. If someone has you in a scarfhold, do you really think that it is wise to poke him in the eye and really make him mad?

If a WCer is going to be taken to the ground it needs to be a race to how quickly he can get to the vital points. Although, like I said, without a good understanding of position, there really aren't good options for a "strict" WCer who has been mounted or put into a scarfold etc.

Edit: The only weakness that I think that a WCer could expose against a grappler is that often grapplers get overly into the sport aspects so in that regard a WCer could have a small chance of success.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 07-20-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    At the risk of causing a flame war (oh, heck, it IS the wing chun forum) but anyway and any hoo

there are no "wing chun answers"

ie, there are only answers... this will shock a few here, but the way a good BJJ person gets out of those is NOT different then how a sambo or judo or wrestling person would....

and if a wing chun person wanted to get out, they've have to look at similar technqiues
    I think other than a few people who lie and claim that their WC contains extensive ground grappling, no one would disagree.

VS the mount: Chain punch
    VS the side mount: Chain punch
    VS the side control: Chain punch
    VS the RNC: chain punch.

Chain punch to the mount will result in you being smothered then choked out or arm dislocated in arm bar or other submission...

Chain punch vs. Side mount would again have you submitted.

Chain punch against side control would lead you into a choke or crucifix.

Chain punch against a RNC would be an unconscious WCK'er.

Of course, people would say never get in the situation, but sometimes its unavoidable. I have always been a big advocate for cross training and know martial arts deal with 5 main areas: striking, kicking, joint locking, throwing and ground fighting.

Besides Fujian Dog Fist, Drunken Boxing and Di Tang Men, Chinese martial arts rarely deal with ground fighting.

Is WCK is useless in the above situations? Try it out. Get into the above scenarios and see how you will get out of them with WCK. Share with the group. No politics, just a positive discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I think other than a few people who lie and claim that their WC contains extensive ground grappling, no one would disagree.
    answers like that will get us nowhere
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    oppss... I'll let pass for the cricket gallary.
    LOL!

http://www.naturesongs.com/insects.html

Chain punch to the mount will result in you being smothered then choked out or arm dislocated in arm bar or other submission...

Chain punch vs. Side mount would again have you submitted.

Chain punch against side control would lead you into a choke or crucifix.

Chain punch against a RNC would be an unconscious WCK'er.

Of course, people would say never get in the situation, but sometimes its unavoidable. I have always been a big advocate for cross training and know martial arts deal with 5 main areas: striking, kicking, joint locking, throwing and ground fighting.

Besides Fujian Dog Fist, Drunken Boxing and Di Tang Men, Chinese martial arts rarely deal with ground fighting.

Is WCK is useless in the above situations? Try it out. Get into the above scenarios and see how you will get out of them with WCK. Share with the group. No politics, just a positive discussion.
    You obviously don't have the Real Authentic (TM) WCK !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You do realize when moving to the ground the number of centerlines grows from 3 to 7.

Besides the center and the shoulder/nip lines you have to add the 2 hip, 2 knee lines. The head line is the same as the center centerline although it can have some curve to it. Some people include the elbow lines but a good grappler and chunner will keep his elbows close and do as Eddie Bravo calls it, a T-Rex.

Hope that helps everyone.
    Last edited by m1k3; 07-20-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: My math sucks.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    i'm not real familar with WC, so i don't know what they have to offer. From the reaction i can see that its not much.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

You obviously don't have the Real Authentic (TM) WCK !!
    Yes, I know.

I'm still looking for those to step up and teach me.

Onegaishimasu!

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    You do realize when moving to the ground the number of centerlines grows from 3 to 7.

Besides the center and the shoulder/nip lines you have to add the 2 hip, 2 knee lines. The head line is the same as the center centerline although it can have some curve to it. Some people include the elbow lines but a good grappler and chunner will keep his elbows close and do as Eddie Bravo calls it, a T-Rex.

Hope that helps everyone.
    hmm I don't really follow the 7 lines theory..?
    what Eddie calls T-Rex or Home alone is BJJ 101 you learn from the start.. I honestly (no disrespect to anyone) don't think someone who hasn't been shown,and put into a high stress situation using that style of defensive nature will do it naturally. In my experience its by allot of bridging attempts. Everyone says bridge but what they don't realize is thats well and good like sprawling.. how to use it is a whole other ball game.

Robert, I don't understand , if you say that any fighting is VT then anything you would do would be a VT response so why ask the questions, just like the biu jee guilloten its all the same thing isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    Robert, I don't understand , if you say that any fighting is VT then anything you would do would be a VT response so why ask the questions, just like the biu jee guilloten its all the same thing isn't it
    Maybe you could tell us how WSL or Barry would get out of these! After all, the elbow aligned punch to the kisser should do it...

Maybe you could tell us how WSL or Barry would get out of these! After all, the elbow aligned punch to the kisser should do it...
    You're a facetious little knob mobster aren't you.

Not getting into them in the first place is a good start.

What if scenarios are nothing but hot air filled, circle jerk sessions. Something I hear you're quite experienced at.

Realistically, there is no tapping out in a real fight. You die or you live, nothing more. If you let someone sink a choke deeply enough, you can't escape.

Something needs to be done quickly to make the pressure ease to allow you to attempt an escape. Break a finger, bite whatever you can get a hold of.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    Realistically, there is no tapping out in a real fight. You die or you live, nothing more. If you let someone sink a choke deeply enough, you can't escape.
    LOL... street fights often don't result in someone going to the hospital or morgue... and people often do "tap" by quitting and giving up.