Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How would you get out of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McKinnon View Post
    I agree with BennyVT

Learn it, love it, train it... Then you can defend better against it.

I was once invited to a Hung Kuen school and did some really fun sparring with them. I was surprised how many more of my techniques became applicable against them.

Wing Chun developed fighting other Southern martial arts. The theory and strategy are applicable everywhere but the techniques evolved for the environment.

Want to deal with boxers and grapplers learn the art or throw down or better yet do both.

BTW - it always surprises me when I see Kung Fu people demonstrating shooting defense/ grappling defense and the attacker has little or no skill and little or no setup for the attack.

Anyone disagree can you show videos?

Dave
    its because they are too proud to admit there is a hole in their game, and would rather make up cr*ppy versions than go and study the real thing. You dont see grapplers pretending to know boxing, they admit to the holes in their skill set, its a shame the fighters of old went to different masters to learn new techniques and were open to change.....

I ll bite: use wing chun in order to not get yourself placed in that position in the first place.

[QUOTE=Frost;1028785]
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershorty View Post
    i'd probably go to a grappling school if so many people didn't get ring worm, staph infection at those places, etc. nasty bidness.
    QUOTE]

Sorry but thats a p*ss poor excuse not to go and train at a gym, if you dont want to learn to grapple thats fine but dont hide behind fear of infection as a reason not to
    ive been grappling week in week out for 7 years or so and never once seen a staph infection , and the guy had to stay away until it was healed....if the mats are kept clean and no shoes etc allowed on the mats its not that hard to avoid it
    ive actually known several people at several schools here to get the things i mentioned from their grappling gyms. (this is why i don't go) staph infection is never healed by the way, and it's always contagious. it's not a big deal, im not worried about grappling, it would be fun, but i'm a hobbist when it comes to martial arts, not a professional. admittedly, i'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe, so take what i say for just my personal issue. maybe their mats and school sanitation was bad, one was AZ Combat Sport, which is a pretty large school for MMA nationally, i think. 2 of my friends got MRSA there. It's whatever. They train ****ing hard, they bleed, and sweat. It's the real deal. I'm not putting it down. It's just not as clean as I think most people would like to believe it is. They'd woop my ass, tho.
    Last edited by tigershorty; 07-26-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    Not a wing chun guy. I assume you mean in a street fight other wise bye now one would prepare for tournament that allow those types of maneuvers. I will give it a go scream for help, eye gouge, bite, groin strike, Small joint manipulation bend fingers and toes, Head butt.
    Techniques that require small effort with maximum damage. Or maybe the wc guy would do what's on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Hn_Y86CEk
    i love now these clips are always demod on guys who have no clue about grappling his take down was sloppy, he made no attempt to pass the legs on the way down or control them on the ground. he neither went into safety position in the guard or attempted any kind of pass and he had no base on the ground what so ever...he just sat there and let the guy kick and punch him

And the title says wing chun for MMA, in almost all comps you cant kick an opponent who is on his knees so post of that stuff is out, for self defence it was okish but it would be nice to see it demoed against someone with a clue about ground fighting and see what he would do against someone controlling his legs and passing guard...my guess is he would get f*cked up pretty badly

[QUOTE=tigershorty;1028809]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

ive actually known several people at several schools here to get the things i mentioned from their grappling gyms. (this is why i don't go) staph infection is never healed by the way, and it's always contagious. it's not a big deal, im not worried about grappling, it would be fun, but i'm a hobbist when it comes to martial arts, not a professional. admittedly, i'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe, so take what i say for just my personal issue. maybe their mats and school sanitation was bad, one was AZ Combat Sport, which is a pretty large school for MMA nationally, i think. 2 of my friends got MRSA there. It's whatever. They train ****ing hard, they bleed, and sweat. It's the real deal. I'm not putting it down. It's just not as clean as I think most people would like to believe it is. They'd woop my ass, tho.
    the gym i train at produced 3 current UFC fighters, and its where 4 other TUF competitors have trained. It competes in all the major grappling tournys here in the UK, so they train hard and are the real deal to, and yet the coachs keep it clean and we have had no problems, if you are not interested in grappling thats fine but if you are dont let this put you off, find a good clean school and you will be fine

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    the gym i train at produced 3 current UFC fighters, and its where 4 other TUF competitors have trained. It competes in all the major grappling tournys here in the UK, so they train hard and are the real deal to, and yet the coachs keep it clean and we have had no problems, if you are not interested in grappling thats fine but if you are dont let this put you off, find a good clean school and you will be fine
    bleach the mats at the end of class and you'll be fine. I personally wear a rash guard and smear the antibacterial stuff all over any exposed areas.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.