Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Post pics of yourselves!

Pic of me after doing some bag work at the gym. Are we still doing that in this thread?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Now, THAT is a BAG !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Now, THAT is a BAG !!

No kiddin'!

It's like he's training to fight Brock Lesnar...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Attachment 5840

heres one of my favorites, whippin my students around
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Now, THAT is a BAG !!
    150 lber Title sells, its great for boxing but swings like crazy when doing kicks. Personally I prefer a Muay Thai bag but the extra weight is great for improving power!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I had no idea you were so tiny!

also, pretty ghey using shins for bag work man.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Not all of us can be 200 lbs of pure Canadian bacon!

My shins have taken a beating over the years, so that's how I roll.

The state that resembles a middle finger.

it's not my shins when I do bag work, it's my knee that takes the beating. I learned my lesson about bag work and no shin guards. If you do a lot of it, and I do, then the constant power roundhouse will eventually tear your knee up. The pads absorb the forward momentum enough to not strain the lower tendon in the knee. I spar with them on as well, my wife makes fun of my shins and call them "gross" I have ridges/knots all over them from my earlier years of training and calcium build up. getting older now and trying to maintain instead of literally tear myself down every time I work out.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Not all of us can be 200 lbs of pure Canadian bacon!

My shins have taken a beating over the years, so that's how I roll.
    I've been cutting for a month, I'm at 189 now, going for another 10 over the next month, maybe two, see how I feel.

maybe you should try soccer...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I've been cutting for a month, I'm at 189 now, going for another 10 over the next month, maybe two, see how I feel.

maybe you should try soccer...
    Awesome. Lose another 14 pounds and you will be in my studly weight class!

Soccer sucks. There, I said it!

iron eagle, have you tried tieing the bottom of the bag to the floor with an eye hook? this is really simple to keep the bag from swinging seeing as it is not a long bag witha lot of weight Im sure it swings all over the place.

gotta have a spring in the chain on the top and a tie at the bottom
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    iron eagle, have you tried tieing the bottom of the bag to the floor with an eye hook? this is really simple to keep the bag from swinging seeing as it is not a long bag witha lot of weight Im sure it swings all over the place.

gotta have a spring in the chain on the top and a tie at the bottom
    The problem is this is at a gym I work out at, regular weight lifting gym not a martial arts or boxing gym, so I can really do anything to it. I am opening a school in the next few months and will hang Muay Thai bags in it, which are designed for taking all kinds of kicks and knees as well as punches and elbows. Sometimes you just have to work with what you have, which is the case here.

ahh gottcha, yea that changes perpective. perhaps you inform the owner of a better way to fasten the bag so it doesnt swing and hit someone................ no owner wants any liability on thier hands and would probably take your suggestion and do it the next day...
    it worked at a school I used to go to, as soon as you mention it could hurt someone they fixed the problem ASAP
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Titusville, Florida (Floridas East Coast)
    Here's one for the MMA guys here. Me and Frank in 2002.

Titusville, Florida (Floridas East Coast)
    Here's another one for the MMA guys here....clowning around with Royce...