Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenji, a manga about Bajiquan

Kenji, a manga about Bajiquan

Here is a link to the manga Kenji:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kenji/

The story follows Kenji in his many battles with other practitioners of Chinese martial arts. He trains in Bajiquan under his grandfather. It was created by noted martial arts researcher Matsuda Ryuchi.

I know this manga. Its superb. I recommend it as well.
    When you have no assumption, knowledge is at your mercy. When you have imagination, possibility is at your finger tips. When you release labels and societies, there are only people living in the world.

the man ga

actually popularized ba ji fist in Japan.

In Taiwan and China, ba ji fist made its name by being body guard style for Dr. Sun yat sen, chairman mao and president chiang----

also for last emperor pu yi or puppet regime man zhou guo--

huo style was popular in northeast and after wwii, some Japanese based in northeast china returned to Japan and popularized the style in Japan--

wu tan su yu chang taught some students in Japan

wu lian zhi also taught some students in Japan.

nowadays, ba ji is well known in japan, other than tai chi.

When I lived in Taiwan, I bought the whole series. It was translated into Chinese, the Chinese pronunciation of his name was Chuan Erh. Even back then, the series was not the easiest manga to find. I liked it a lot. I especially liked his fight(s) with his arch-nemesis, the Hung Gar guy.

yes. chuan er

boxing boy.

oh wow this is very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jason. View Post
    oh wow this is very cool!
    I've been reading them for the last couple of days now and I am pretty impressed. Most Mangas just have mindless action, but this actually infuses real moves into the mix. I also like how they include historical content as well.

And if anyone would like to brush up on their Japanese, I highly suggest this person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oPXOJ_Xdsw

The content is not all that in-depth, but the videos are just so enriching. Why you ask? You'll see.

chinese translation

And if anyone would like to brush up on their Japanese, I highly suggest this person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oPXOJ_Xdsw

The content is not all that in-depth, but the videos are just so enriching. Why you ask? You'll see.
    This comic book is minxy. Thanks for both links.

And if someone wants more of Quan Er, here you can read the Chinese translation of other episodes:

http://www.dm5.com/Type.aspx?id=1076

all caught up

i read every issue up to date, im a big fan...really like the indebtedness of the kung fu/

What?!?! No ecchi? ****!

Seriously though, I'm excited for this. Reading begins, NOW!

I really like how Japanese actually take the time to express interest in Chinese martial arts. That's cool

Just a heads up, guys. I got a virus from viewing the first issue of that comic.

seriously? cause i didnt. did you go to the OPs original link or did you check out one of those other fishy looking links?

I followed that first link, then went to the link for the first chapter at the bottom of the page. Halfway through the comic, I got this fake antivirus warning, telling me to do a system scan. I think I got rid of it for now.

oh wow...didnt happen to me..that sucks you should alert the site managers...i doubt they are aware of it.