Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Bruce The Real Deal....

hail to the king, baby
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

ghostexorcist,you are right about the way bruce is protrayed.whether or not he would like this is up to debate,but one thing i think that has realy,realy added to it, is the public at large,who know nothing of real kung fu,ask any of them and them all being experts on fighting will not hesitate to tell you,"bruce lee was the best that ever lived", they might even tell you he was the strongest in history also. funny thing he adimted himslef,the way he fought in the movies is nothing like he would in real life. he had distilled it down to just a few techniques he relied upon,according to what i have read. funny thing is,one of his favorites was biu gee technique,right from wing chun. part of the "classical mess". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post

I can't stand to read the viewer comments at the bottom of those pages. It's the usual "Bruce would have killed Chuck in real life" argument. One person is claiming Bruce was one of the most powerful men in history. Thousands of years of martial arts history (be it China, India, Korea, Japan, etc.) and Bruce is the pinnacle? I think not. I usually ask such people how Bruce would have done against other famous masters like Mas Oyama and Wang Ziping. Most of the time, they just side-step the question--probably because they have no idea who these people are--and keep running their mouth about Bruce the God. Honestly, I prefer Bruce Campbell!
    People from "the past" who would have put Bruce Lee (tm) away without much of a sweat
    Mas Oyama
    Chang Dung Sheng
    Chan Tai San
    Kimura
    The list could go on, but you know
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    read about 3/4 of it today, i'll try and get the rest tomorrow. Pretty interesting, really puts him on a "human" level and deplores the "god" like image a lot have for him. He was charasmatic I will give him that and had the ego to boot with it, but on the other hand so was Hitler.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    People from "the past" who would have put Bruce Lee (tm) away without much of a sweat
    Mas Oyama
    Chang Dung Sheng
    Chan Tai San
    Kimura
    Wow, you mean that there are TCMA-ists that could actually beat the "modern" and "progressive", not to mention, cross training Bruce Lee...

ARE YOU MAD, MAN?

I finished reading it a couple of nights ago before I went to bed. I'm glad I printed it out because I could just lay it aside instead of turning on my laptop.

I really liked it. I like the way chapter 15 explained how his image was created through marketing. I was a bit confuse at the end, though. So the boyhood friend/butler (who we haven't heard from for the past 30 years) poisoned him?

I would love for people who think he was an invincible god to read this. The book kind of reminds me of a paper I once read on Yue Fei. Like the book, the paper casts the general as a human. He was an alcoholic who was worried about his public image and was constantly being demoted for running his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Mas Oyama
    Chang Dung Sheng
    Chan Tai San
    Kimura

some of those people in that list have no proof of their supposed fights either outside of supposed eye witness accounts

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Joe Lewis
    Chuck Norris
    Benny "The Jet" Urquidez
    Jim Maloney
    Bill Wallace
    Howard Jackson
    Dolemite
    Sho'Nuff
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

you put chuck on the list! lol

danny inosanto mentioned the two sparring and bruce just kept slapping chuck and he had no defense for it at all

bruce lee can suck my bawls

I guess we need to define what we mean by a "fight" in which Bruce Lee would supposedly win or lose to x,y,z, before we theorize on the result.

Are people here talking about a street fight, in which it seems Bruce Lee had a lot of experience in, or are we talking about sports tournaments?

I ask, because the setting and the context can often effect the result......

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    bruce lee can suck my bawls
    Hey, whatever turns you on Dave, but there are other forums for that kind of talk....

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    you put chuck on the list! lol

danny inosanto mentioned the two sparring and bruce just kept slapping chuck and he had no defense for it at all
    Oooooooo. Look, I found the actual footage of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqa5BUQmvM

But if we're looking for apocryphal stories there's this one.

WIKIPEDIA:
    Lee had repeatedly humiliated Norris during a mock sparring session in the hotel hallway at the Long Beach International Karate Championships. Norris had offended Lee when he publicly claimed to be a better fighter than Lee. When word got back to Lee, he called Norris and openly challenged him, threatening to drive to his school to fight (Norris was teaching his black belt class at that time). According to eye witnesses, Lee made Norris hold the phone receiver up and shout in front of his black belts, “Bruce Lee is a better fighter than me!” Later, Norris wrote an Apologetic Letter to Lee; the original is currently in the care of Lee’s student, Dan Inosanto.

Maybe the man himself tells a more truthful story...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Mcl8...eature=related
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

being that chuck was a glorified point fighter i have no doubt lee or anyone slightly skilled could have went through him with ease

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    being that chuck was a glorified point fighter i have no doubt lee or anyone slightly skilled could have went through him with ease
    You may have a point there....