Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Bruce The Real Deal....

i could totally take bruce lee in a sword fight.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i finished the "unsettled matters" yesterday. i must say i think it is probably closer to the trutht han anything else ever writtten on b.l. i can say i did see some bias from the author. the whole thing with the steroids kept getting to me,as he kept trying to say bruce lee was using anabolic steroids. as i said in a previous post ,i dont beleive it because i have had alot of experience with their use. you can't use them and only weigh 125-130lbs at 5'6" and if you look at b.l. measurements in his hey day,his upper arm was measured at 11", LOL thats the size of my wrist. even if he did use diuretics as the man claimed,he couldnt have done it for lonbg or he would have suffered injury after injury,and he wouldnt have hhad the strength people claim he did,as water retention is whats helps in strength gain. i do however believe and all the facts point to maybe he was abusing cortisol(a steroid) which could have lead to his early demise. back to the anabolics thing, anyone can get ripped,but not everyone can get big. b.l. was only ripped,he was the size of an average american 9th grader,so he was nowhere near "big",and this can be easily done without any anabolic steroids. i think this guy just threw that acusation in there to take away from lees hard work and dedication to working out. he made the statement in the book,"without the steroids he was no longer the king of kung fu", LOL, thats like saying steroids made mark mcguire hit homeruns, its just nonsense. the rest of the book about lees personality i had heard before so that is beleiveable,along with his lifestyle,as he was a product of the 60s' on the west coast of america,it was just bound to happen. like him or not,he did help kung fu in ways,and is now hurting it in ways,but he did change things and he is an icon.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    different steroids have different effects-ex: Dianabol for strength and size, Winstrol for not as much strength and size, but more for cutting.
    I am guessing, if Lee took steroids at all, then he would have taken oral steroids rather than injectables, just as he preferred to chew cannabis and not smoke it. These are the little "lies" we tell to ourselves to rationalize doing something that is detrimental to ourselves.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

i think over all the positive effects of the icon of bruce lee far outweigh any personal short commings the man had.

how many of us will be timeless through out the entire world?

that is quite an accomplishment to do so without having to commit genocide or take over a country.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

10 tigers, big misconception, all anabolic steroids do the same thing. some have more androgenic side effects than others. winstrol taken in the same miligram dosage as dbol would act the same way. both are derivatives of testosterone. winstrol efective dosage is 10-25 mg a day. dbol effective dosage is higher same as anadrol,it is supplied in 50mg dosages,winstrol is suppllied originally in 2.5mg-5mg dosage. now take 10 winstrols and you get alot more androgenic side effects. people just generally take winstrol while on a cutting cycle as it doesnt cause water retention in effective dosage,but you will get just as much strength gain on winstrol as dbol. however i dont want to turn this into a steroid tutorial. i just dont beleive he used them.
    lucas you are right,he will be timeless,i am just glad someone wrote and made him much more human than the here-for-to "invincible,superhero" bruce lee,most americans think he was.

That's wild! LOL Are these youtube vids? You gotta post the links!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    he's a medium-small build college kid (early 20's?), as far as i can tell from the vids I've seen of him; and his english is fine except when he don't want it to be;

i think he's funny as hell, and rather insiteful for someone without very many years, although he is also very passionate about his training, so he has limited tolerance for what he doesn't agree with...
    Last edited by Faruq; 07-27-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

how does this supposed to make bruce look bad?

GASP! HE TOOK ROIDS!!!?? OH NO!

HE MAY HAVE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE!

i heard he once came upon and anthill and kicked it over and then proceeded to squish all those poor little ants!

THE MONSTER!!!!!!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post

HE MAY HAVE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE!

i heard he once came upon and anthill and kicked it over and then proceeded to squish all those poor little ants!

THE MONSTER!!!!!!
    thats all hearsay, i have on good information he actually taught all those poor ants wingchun

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Hardwork, you really don't need to quote every single part of a post you're rebutting,
    I like being thorough, you see....

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    especially if you're rebuttal is short and pointless. Just the highlights please.
    Well, my rebuttal reflects the posts of the people I am rebutting. You must realize that trying to discuss actual TCMA topics with these kung fu-clueless MMA knuckleheads, equates with attempting to discuss astro physics with a bunch of chimpanzees.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    thats all hearsay, i have on good information he actually taught all those poor ants wingchun
    now THAT'S slander right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    Christ, now you are accusing me of beating you with a stick. For the last time, I am not into cruelty to animals, so no need to worry about your safety......
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 07-27-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Forgetting the forum's clueless MMA trolls, for the moment and going back to the subject matter of the thread, I have to say that I read most of the book until early morning today. I found it very interesting and I agree with teetsao that it is probably closer to the truth of Bruce Lee's life and character, than any other literature that I have come across.

I am looking forward to finishing it later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post

If someone says "I can do this.. do it like me.. I'm the greatest!" and I'm like.. but you are geared up and .. oh crap.. you just died of medical complications from the roid use.. you can bet your last dollar that's not someone whose methods I'm going to put much stock in.

Now... his student Dan Inosanto.. now old.. smiling, grinning, teaching. Real good human being. Him.. his methods I'll be willing to put some stock in.

Proof is in the pudding.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

ive heard lucas draws lewd cartoons in public restrooms!

ive heard hard work does mma!

ive heard Gene Ching makes everyone in the office address him as "GENE THE MERICLESS" and none of his co workers are allowed to look him directly in the eyes!

ive heard sanjuro was a stunt double for the hobbits in the lord of the rings movies!

ive heard dale franks was the shooter behind the grassy knoll!!

ive heard bawang is really tom cruise!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    train? NO

worked out with them, yes. The Lee people try to take credit for Joe Lewis, which is a joke really
    The following is my favorite...
    Starting in 1967, Lewis began training privately with Bruce Lee. Lee had Lewis test out his theories of fighting at tournaments. As Lee's "Test Tube" Lewis was unbeatable, spawning the nucleus of kickboxing as we know it today.

If BL's theories were so good why not get one of his average students to test them out rather than a guy who was at the top of the game?

http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/joelewis.html

http://www.cityonfire.com/unknown/in...ewis/index.htm
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.