Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going back to Shaolin in 3 weeks!!!

hey gene ching my chilese brother do you know if its possible to visit shi dejian? do u know if theres a lot of tourists that visit him?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

Wudang is more spread out than Shaolin, but you still have the same tourist lesson issues. You got to have guanxi to get to the authentic stuff. Without it, you might just get some tourist wushu lesson and be sent on your way.
    We are good on that, one of our Master's brothers used to be a Shaolin Monk, now he is a Daoist monk living at WuDang. So we will get authentic training.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I was, being the cynical b@stard that I am, actually unimpressed.

Confused by the village girls dancing in the buckets. . .?

Although the pictures came out spectacular.

I know they sell a DVD of it.
    Yeah, I bought it when I was there, it is just scenes from the show and some interview with Shi Yongxin, the CD of music from the show was good though. I was impressed by the scale of the whole thing. The girls were pretty though and a couple of the people sitting in front of me had binoculars and were passing them back and forth between each other commenting on which girl was pretty and which one had the biggest breasts, I guess they didn't realize that some foreigners can understand Chinese.

Dejian

@bawang - Dejian is pretty hard to get at. As it said in the NG article above, he tried to be reclusive and it sort of backfired on him. I was really lucky to secure the interview I did with him in 2005. Perhaps that was my Shaolin yuanfen. I'm afraid I don't have any leads for you.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart