Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ivy's Thread

music video: "At Ease"

"Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Back home from Seatown and back to training. Marked improvement in che san. Body turning is now coordinating with the feet pivoting. Two weeks ago she was still having difficulty doing these together. Ivy has chosen to work more on strength training and now does the whole class wearing pillow weights on her wrists and ankles.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

A major milestone on December 25: Ivy was practicing single-leg posture and held it for one minute, thirty-five seconds--more than four times her previous best since the onset of the BLUEs. I expect some major cerebellar rewiring is going on here.

Another milestone: kicking is back. After two weeks of dealing with influenza she's back to training and working hard at leg strength and agility. She has mastered the balance board and has added skipping movements to her footwork. Kicks to shoulder height with no awkwardness. Not so much power yet but doing increasingly harder workouts.

Started relearning white crane's kau da kyuhn-- a real challenge because of the jumping and spinning moves.

Doing a lot of hei gung involving opening the chest to counter the breathing habits caused by a year spent in bed. Shoulders are now able to rotate back. Posture much better.

No improvements to note. Too weak, tired for training lately. But more importantly she had a clear MRI at Children's Hospital.

Saw an endocrinologist for tests and her thyroid looks good. Thyroid damage is a common side effect from her type of treatment and were afraid that such was the cause of fainting and tiredness. But the weakness and fatigue seem to be the aftermath of chemotherapy and radiation. We were told that this might continue for a year or so following treatment.

Ngon mo daily. Puts her right to sleep, though. Her body knows how to heal itself.
    Last edited by jdhowland; 03-25-2011 at 11:21 AM.