Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WSL tribute video

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    that's where your wrong..being a wellbound frog. you need to get out more.
    I've been around WCK for almost 30 years now, and have seen quite a bit -- loads more than you obviously.

there is a common idea that some hit and miss ...how much is for you to guage. not all students assimilate info the same as the next...they might like 'playing' chi-sao more than fighting.
    And some like fantasies, ideas, and theories.

I have seen the same line of thought from G Lam sifu students too...so not sure what YOUR talking about.
    Here's a starting point for you:

http://www.garylamwingchun.com/index...ent&Itemid=113

Doesn't sound much like Bayer does he?

And, as I recall Peterson himself pointed out on this forum that your view of WSL's teachings was very limited.

The system is abstract so many can't see the goals for the drills varying specialities. some don't do prefighting drills and stay fighting in chi- sao ....leading to your ideas.
    I have no idea what "prefighting drills" are -- if you are talking about the non-contact aspect of fighting, the WCK curriculum has drills, like dap sao (from YKS) or mun sao (from some YM people), that pertain to moving from non-contact to contact. These drills, like chi sao, are not fighting; they teach the actions/skills that then need to be trained in fighting.

keep an open mind faat man...you never know what may fall into that well.
    People with loony ideas frequently tell others to "keep an open mind."

time is no guarantee of anything ...so 30 years means little. ..quality not quantity.

there is a common idea, you havent seen it yet obviously. keep looking

sometimes when people say keep an open mind , thats all it means...try it.

you always try to twist things so you have an argument,or try to undermine a person to make yourself seem more plausible, lawyers eh...

wont change that what you know isnt all there is, or you would understand what Im saying easily...

Im not the only one who does this way

I can see it being developed in the DP/WSl clip..you cant.

I have trained with GL students and seen a common idea....you dont, and like a lot of VT students YOU 'read' what you understand VT to be into the GL website intro.

iow you read 'tan sao' and think 'block with hand up', I think 'strike' using 'elbow spreads off line'.

you dont understand my WSL/PB thinking....you cant, simple. It has to be explained with actions.
    But you choose to treat it as an attack on your precious 30years !..how can the great terenzeny not know it all ? impossible ! hah...keep walking.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 07-31-2010 at 05:32 AM.