Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMA Gloves

MMA Gloves

Hey all, am looking to get some mma glove loners. I am looking for something fairly inexpensive but of reasonable quality. In boxing gloves, I usually get some Everlast training gloves http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-Style...0367710&sr=8-1

They aren't Fairtex or anything but they are decent for the price. Is their something similar in mma gloves?

I train with these. They aren't too bad.

http://www.cagesidemma.com/ncammasatrgl.html

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I train with these. They aren't too bad.

http://www.cagesidemma.com/ncammasatrgl.html
    I use the same type of glove but combat sport's version. I like them.

http://www.combatsports.com/Combat-S...fo/TG%204/2702

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Hey all, am looking to get some mma glove loners. I am looking for something fairly inexpensive but of reasonable quality. In boxing gloves, I usually get some Everlast training gloves http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-Style...0367710&sr=8-1

They aren't Fairtex or anything but they are decent for the price. Is their something similar in mma gloves?
    These:

http://www.combatsports.com/Combat-S...ductinfo/TG+4/

or these

http://www.combatsports.com/Combat-S...ductinfo/FG+4/

I train in the blue ones. They are amateur fighting gloves, but heavily padded. They work great for class.

Make sure whatever you get is AT LEAST 6 oz, preferably 7 oz, so you can train with decent power and still go to work the next day.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    why loners?
    Have the students purchase the gloves as part of their enrollment.
    Wearing gloves used by other people is not hygenic, and can lead to the spreading of disease, mrsa's etc.
    You wouldn't wear someone else's underwear or jock, would you?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Using other people's gloves is nasty

Get your own gloves. Our forum sponsor carries a wide selection of hand protectors. We have some MMA gloves that are fairly inexpensive but of reasonable quality. They are really light however, thus the inexpensive part.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Get your own gloves. Our forum sponsor carries a wide selection of hand protectors. We have some MMA gloves that are fairly inexpensive but of reasonable quality. They are really light however, thus the inexpensive part.
    Nice price on the "cobra chops." I need some of those as well.

1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    why loners?
    Have the students purchase the gloves as part of their enrollment.
    Wearing gloves used by other people is not hygenic, and can lead to the spreading of disease, mrsa's etc.
    You wouldn't wear someone else's underwear or jock, would you?
    Trial students? The occasional, "I forgot my gym bag." Lots of reasons to have a couple of pairs of loner gloves for a night or so.

I ended up going with http://www.everlast.com/7-oz-Randy-C...ctinfo/EVCSTG/

I got a deal on them $30 per pair. Also, I like the Everlast lining. The lining seems to dry fast, a good quality for loners.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I ended up going with http://www.everlast.com/7-oz-Randy-C...ctinfo/EVCSTG/

I got a deal on them $30 per pair. Also, I like the Everlast lining. The lining seems to dry fast, a good quality for loners.
    Is the stitching better than their boxing gloves? I hate how every pair of boxing gloves I've had from them, the velcro always separates from the wrist straps.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Is the stitching better than their boxing gloves? I hate how every pair of boxing gloves I've had from them, the velcro always separates from the wrist straps.
    It's about the same.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    trial classes-hit softer pads-square target pads work for this
    Student: "I forgot my gloves."
    Teacher: "Either go home and get them, buy a new pair, or work on something else, or come back tomorrow-prepared!"
    there's no reason to have loners. Like I said before, there is far too great a risk of disease, and YOU will be held liable. Their irresponsibility is now YOUR responsibility? Why do you think everyone is using rubber matted flooring, like Zebra, Swain, etc?

And yes, it is exactly like borrowing a stranger's underwear. You have no idea who used those gloves, what they had, their habits, etc.
    There is no excuse for not having your equipment. If your student acts like a ten yr-old who forgot his pen in grade school, then he has no business on the training floor, and If you allow it, then you have no business operating a gym/kwoon. Sorry for the harsh words, but this is not something you should take lightly. The thing is, if you are doing things like this, then undoubtedly, it is showing up in other areas as well.
    besides, your pro-shop sales will increase. Many proffessional schools make more money from pro shop sales than most smaller schools do from tuition.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Teacher: "Either go home and get them, buy a new pair, or work on something else, or come back tomorrow-prepared!"
    there's no reason to have loners. Like I said before, there is far too great a risk of disease, and YOU will be held liable. Their irresponsibility is now YOUR responsibility? Why do you think everyone is using rubber matted flooring, like Zebra, Swain, etc?

And yes, it is exactly like borrowing a stranger's underwear. You have no idea who used those gloves, what they had, their habits, etc.
    There is no excuse for not having your equipment. If your student acts like a ten yr-old who forgot his pen in grade school, then he has no business on the training floor, and If you allow it, then you have no business operating a gym/kwoon. Sorry for the harsh words, but this is not something you should take lightly. The thing is, if you are doing things like this, then undoubtedly, it is showing up in other areas as well.
    besides, your pro-shop sales will increase. Many proffessional schools make more money from pro shop sales than most smaller schools do from tuition.
    The waiver covers my liability for me but I think that there are more ways to handle it than one.

I have loaners because half the guys in class can barely afford tuition. I spray them with antibacterial spray every night and wash them often, but I always inform people of the risks before they use them.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.