Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw's KungFuMagazine.com Championship III & Shark City Nationals

Watch the videos, wenshu...

The new hairstyle will be explained in the Banquet vid...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

No sound at work.

At least no one can hear me procrastinating.

13 Videos

And counting......

some photos

I've uploaded a few pix to our facebook album. For some reason, it crashed on MySpace. I'll try that again later.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up Awesome

The tournament was great. Well ran, professionaly done. It's quite different as it is not ran by a specific school or schools. Everyone has an equal opportunity. The first time competitors division is extremely beneficial to new people. It builds confidence and pride.

The night show was fantastic with some great performances.

Watch us grow.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Thanks for your support, Ron

Hope you enjoyed that fat judge's 'thank you' gift bag. We were pleased to be able to give such a full one this year.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Coverage in Global Kungfu

America Kungfu Competition Held in Silicon Valley
    全美功夫大赛在硅谷举行
    Source: Author: DATE:2011-6-6 HITS: 2020335次

America Kungfu Competitions was held in Silicon Valley on 9 am, local time. It was sponsored by TC Media and Kungfu Magazine and will be reported by Global Kungfu Website and GTVS. Guests attending the event include Zhu Gansheng, Senator of San Jose City, California; Jian Qi, Proprietor of Kungfu Magazine; Liang Shouyu, Chairman of International Wushu Sanshou Dao Federation, Doctor Yang Junmin, President of Yang Style Wushu Association; Wang Zhihai, Vice President of Cangzhou Wushu Association; Pei kangkai, Dean of American Wushu Institute; Pen Wen, president of American Tai Chi Association; He Tao, Dean of U.S.A Wu Chi Kungfu Academy; Zhu Xiaojun, Vice Director of Global Kungfu Website and GTVS, deputy President of Beijing Shaolin Wushu School; Shi Yanliang, Director of Yan Liang Martial Arts Club; Tu Jinsheng, famous American martial artist; Chen Xinghua, Assistant Publisher of America Kungfu and Tai Chi Magazine; Emmy, American athlete and others.

There were more than 100 teams and 1600 participants. Both the scale and the competitive level were the best. There were more than 40 events including Tai Chi Push-hands, Sanda, Taekwondo, Kendo, Aikido, Tao lu, Taiji Boxing and others. The ages of participants were from 4 to 60. Team of Beijing Shaolin Wushu School formed by 11 members sent by Fu Biao, Vice President of Chinese Wushu Association has gained 9 first and 4 second and 1 third. Zhu Xiaojun, Vice Director of Global Kungfu Website and GTVS, deputy President of Beijing Shaolin Wushu School introduced Global kungfu Magazine, GTVS to all participants, gave Global Kungfu Magazine to them as a gift and show them the way to be a member of Global Kungfu Website which was warmly received.

The participation of the team of Beijing Shaolin Wushu School aimed to strengthen the communications with America, expand Chinese Wushu, promote the development of Wushu organizations both in China and America and the competitive levels of wushu athletes and strengthen the friendship of the world.

The event was the new platform to making friends and competitions for wushu atheletes and the the integration of Chinese and Western cultures. Global Kungfu Website and GTVS will bring a live report. Please concern it.

Zhu Gansheng, Senator of San Jose City, California; Wang Zhihai, Vice President of Cangzhou Wushu Association; Jian Qi, Proprietor of Kungfu Magazine; Zhu Xiaojun, Vice Director of Global Kungfu Website and GTVS, deputy President of Beijing Shaolin Wushu School;

Shaolin Rasta LIVE UP!
    There are more photos if you follow the link
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

But wah dis Faada?!

They just had to get the Rastaman out there, huh? Like I said, I don't know whether to be happy or embarrassed! All I can say is I'm honored and humbled. I'm pretty sure it was my locks and not my skill that got me on! But, hey, glad to represent such a positive and upfull competition such as this. Big, big respect & honor goes out to Gene, Gigi, Sal, Chris, I mean the whole Kung Fu Magazine crew. You made us feel more than welcome! It was all one love vibes! I will ever speak highly of all of you! (But what the hell was I doin right there? )

Blessed Love!
    Last edited by Shaolin Rasta; 06-08-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: An added thought

Smile Awesome

Well Shaolin Rasta ---tell ya what ------- you were having fun their, enjoying KF with all of us and you found out what a great friendly event this is -------- thanks a million for posting on the forum , great to see you here.

Love the " fat Bag " Gene.

My best to all
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

More photos posted

I'm posting photos on our TCKFMCIII facebook album over the next few days. Be sure to 'friend' and 'like' us there.

@Ron - it's all about the 'fat bags' - got to take care of our judges, you know. Thanks again for your unwavering support!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hmmph, how did this fall of the first page so soon?

I've just started our second facebook photo album: TCKFMCIII & TCKFMCIII album 2

Our WildAid Tiger Claw Champion 2011 is Zhang Yongbiao.

Our Songshan Shaolin Champion 2011 is Yang Chengjun.

More results coming soon!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Whew, what a morning!

It's nearly 3 and finally, finally, I'm getting down to clearing some work off my desk. The real bummer about this morning's forum skirmishes was that it bumped this thread off the first page. So here I am to ttt it with more photos, just posted in TCKFMCIII album 2.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Props to Tiger Balm!

Special thanks to our Platinum sponsor this year, Tiger Balm. For any of the judges, competitors in some of our special benefit divisions, and several of our hardest working vols, Tiger Balm provided many of the gifts in our perk package.

Here are a few more. Enter to win a Tiger Balm T-shirt and Cap! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 06/30/2011. Good luck everyone! Next year is our 20th Anniversary, so watch for our date announcement!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    While many Songshan Shaolin schools use wushu type blades, classical Shaolin can easily adapt to something more sturdy and if they wish to secure their hold on being traditional, now is the time to adapt. It is my firm belief that if the form cannot be done with a traditional weapon, it's not traditional. .
    Reading this brings joy to my heart. I hope it's something that is adapted.

Will there be any form of full contact competition, either standing kick boxing, San Da or MMA?

We're all about bringing joy, Ray

As for full contact events, it's unlikely we'll attempt that in the near future. Full contact brings in the boxing commission, and that gets to be a whole other animal. Frankly, there's plenty of full contact in our area now. There are always fights - kickboxing, MMA, Muay Thai - I could probably go to one almost every weekend in our area, if I was so inclined. As for Sanda, that's in an entirely different state. Technically, it's illegal, but it would be simple enough to run one under adjusted MMA rules, barring the key element of a leitai. Several people have discussed doing something like this. I know Cung was talking about doing something like that at one of his Born To Fight events. The problem is that it wouldn't be much of a draw with so many other fights going on at the same time. For us, it would be a ton of work with little added return.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips