Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monica Duran - Wing Chun and Qi Gong Helped her

Thumbs up Monica Duran - Wing Chun and Qi Gong Helped her

Finally nice to see a positive story that involves Wing Chun! Monica is blind yet trains Wing Chun weekly with Phil Romero in NM. To see her inspirational story click here!

Enjoy
    JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Hi Jake

Thanks for the story and the clip. Kudos to Phil Romero for his working with Monica.I am proud of her.I may have met Monica and briefly introduced to her by Kurt Saenz years ago. Kurt is a good wing chun person himself but has not bee in good health for a while. You play the cards that life gives you-play it the best that one can...as Monica is apparently doing.

joy chaudhuri

Sifu Joy,
    Indeed you did introduce her to Kurt! They all speak fondly of the moment.

I have heard Kurt is not so well. The guy is a saint for all he has been through and remained strong and resilient.

I am glad to see you are doing well though. Mesa is treating you well?

Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Inspiring it is.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Sifu Joy,
    Indeed you did introduce her to Kurt! They all speak fondly of the moment.

I have heard Kurt is not so well. The guy is a saint for all he has been through and remained strong and resilient.

I am glad to see you are doing well though. Mesa is treating you well?

Cheers
    Jake
    --------------------------------------------
    Hi Jake- I am in Tempe you may recall.Mesa is a little less civilized neighbor.Kurt has used his wing chun spirit in his journey through hell. He deserves better.

I lived in Seattle for 3 summers- many moons ago--it's a great city.

joy chaudhuri

Extremely respectable!

Best Regards to Monica Duran.

Here are something which will help Monica and others to cultivate/grow Qi. very simple but effective . try it every morning before get out of the bed for 21 days and find out the result for yourself.

for low blood pressure case, one needs to substitute thinking the bottom of the feet or K1 to Navel.

http://www.apricotforesthall.com/qigong_meditation.html

A caution:

1, always move one's fingers and toes 12 times , rub one's face and head after the practice before moving the body in a slow way.

2, must not have sex 4 hours before or after the practice since sex drain Qi. Sex activity must be cut down extensively for grow qi and healing.

3, It is better to be vegitarian or close to vegitarian while practicing it. cola cola and un nature process food are not suitable.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-01-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Ugh, there is no such thing as qi.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

i personally have believed that qi is a kind of faith healing for quite some time now, nothing at all wrong witht that if it works for you.

reading that article has affirmed my thoughts on this and reminded me of an exercise my grandfather taught me when i was younger. The ecercise is, i believe, a form of mentalism but has strong comparisons with many eastern philosophies. i believe its called drifting?

you lie flat on your bed arms and legs slightly splayed but not touching any other part of your body. eyes closed. you concentrate on a place (or time) in your life that has positive connotations and just keep thinking of it. keep thinking about getting to that place or time too. again; if you fall asleep then you fall asleep.

you wake up feeling so light and refreshed and without worry. its actually an incredible experience.

dont believe me? just give it a go.

you may 'waste' an hour of your life, or you may discover something that you will really enjoy. either way dont comment until you have experienced it as you cannot speak with authority until it happens.

just sharing thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    Ugh, there is no such thing as qi.

It all really depends upon what you think qi is or isn't. For some it will not exist, and for others it will. In fact however, it truely exists, but it is not what most tend to think it to be. In the sense that it is some mystical power or force that can be issued by the body and cast into other bodies or objects, it is none existant. It can not exist. On the other hand, if you consider it the energy flow of your body and that you can actually focus this energy into individual limbs, then it does indeed exist. It all comes down to one's understanding of their own bodies and abilities.

Great starts.

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post
    i personally have believed that qi is a kind of faith healing for quite some time now, nothing at all wrong witht that if it works for you.

reading that article has affirmed my thoughts on this and reminded me of an exercise my grandfather taught me when i was younger. The ecercise is, i believe, a form of mentalism but has strong comparisons with many eastern philosophies. i believe its called drifting?

you lie flat on your bed arms and legs slightly splayed but not touching any other part of your body. eyes closed. you concentrate on a place (or time) in your life that has positive connotations and just keep thinking of it. keep thinking about getting to that place or time too. again; if you fall asleep then you fall asleep.

you wake up feeling so light and refreshed and without worry. its actually an incredible experience.

you may 'waste' an hour of your life, or you may discover something that you will really enjoy. either way dont comment until you have experienced it as you cannot speak with authority until it happens.

just sharing thoughts
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-03-2010 at 03:21 PM.

just sharing thoughts
    What utter nonsense.

Faith healing is a load of ****. Homeopathy, mediums talking to dead spirits (AKA cold reading) Reiki, and all of that bull**** is just confidence artistry in action. The same as fortune telling, phrenology, water divining.

THere is NO benefit to deluding ourselves in such ways.

Yes, focus and being comfortable with what you're doing is beneficial to the task at hand, however to confuse it with bull**** mysticism is ONLY that, confusing fact with bull**** pseudoscience.

Yes, I can speak with authority. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Until you can prove that this ethereal QI exists in a double blind trial, with repeatable results that are free from bias, you cannot claim that it exists and those who don't believe just haven't seen it work yet.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    What utter nonsense.

Faith healing is a load of ****. Homeopathy, mediums talking to dead spirits (AKA cold reading) Reiki, and all of that bull**** is just confidence artistry in action. The same as fortune telling, phrenology, water divining.

THere is NO benefit to deluding ourselves in such ways.

Yes, focus and being comfortable with what you're doing is beneficial to the task at hand, however to confuse it with bull**** mysticism is ONLY that, confusing fact with bull**** pseudoscience.

Yes, I can speak with authority. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Until you can prove that this ethereal QI exists in a double blind trial, with repeatable results that are free from bias, you cannot claim that it exists and those who don't believe just haven't seen it work yet.
    I claimed nothing about Qi, i just stated that it is similar to some kind of (i presume) faith healing that i have heard of.

You really should learn to read more on a subject matter before you comment on something though...

i never claimed that this would work for everyone. It is kinda similar to faith healing, which has PROVEN scientific studies attached to it (mostly around a placebo effect). Placebos can work - that IS the basis, in essence, of faith healing.

for you, faith healing is utter ****, i agree. you are not going into it with an open mind. you have no FAITH in it...

for me, i was a young boy and my grandfather told me about it - i placed blind faith in it and it worked...

On tuesday i left work ill, i had a 24 hour bug. i actually used this technique and dozed off to sleep. i woke up still ill, but i was utterly relaxed and peaceful. not the same as waking up from a normal sleep. to each their own.

but, if techniques like NLP can bring people out of comas where conventional medicine has failed then there is room for advancement that we dont yet know about

the world is a causal system , Qi is as real as Gold.

When one can quiet the mind, let the body relax, and breathing naturally deep and fine. It got to surface.

The problem is most never know it, never cultivate in it, never get that far.
    So, they end up with nothing and using that nothing to make all kind of absurd claim. Similar to those who boil water upto 40C and making claim water cant boil and there is no such thing as water vapor.

I claimed nothing about Qi, i just stated that it is similar to some kind of (i presume) faith healing that i have heard of.

You really should learn to read more on a subject matter before you comment on something though...

i never claimed that this would work for everyone. It is kinda similar to faith healing, which has PROVEN scientific studies attached to it (mostly around a placebo effect). Placebos can work - that IS the basis, in essence, of faith healing.

for you, faith healing is utter ****, i agree. you are not going into it with an open mind. you have no FAITH in it...

for me, i was a young boy and my grandfather told me about it - i placed blind faith in it and it worked...

On tuesday i left work ill, i had a 24 hour bug. i actually used this technique and dozed off to sleep. i woke up still ill, but i was utterly relaxed and peaceful. not the same as waking up from a normal sleep. to each their own.

but, if techniques like NLP can bring people out of comas where conventional medicine has failed then there is room for advancement that we dont yet know about

100% utter bull****. There are no scientific studies which support trivial nonsense like faith healing, because if there were, it would not be called faith healing but called medicine.
    Only morons believe in faith healing, because they're the only ones dumb enough. If you want to refute it, you need to produce the citations for the papers and studies which support faith healing actually working in peer reviewed studies. Without that, you have anecdotal bull**** like that hendrik always vomits forth.
    -sun tzu